Author Topic: Live Boeree Wins Ladies European Championship  (Read 8259 times)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Live Boeree Wins Ladies European Championship
« on: May 05, 2008, 20:05:16 PM »
I understand that APAT Welsh Championship final tablist Liv Boeree has just won the Ladbrokes Ladies European Championship event.  No further details available just yet, but congratulations to Liv on a great result; adding another outstanding result to a growing APAT member roll of honour over the last twelve months.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 23:24:27 PM by APAT »

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
Re: APAT Player Wins Ladies European Championship
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 20:19:31 PM »
WOW! Big Congrats Liv!

Hammerite

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 20:50:53 PM »
Very well played Liv. Always a pleasure to see someone take money off Ladbrokes ! ;D
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 08:07:16 AM »
Des do u need me and Liv to get together and celebrate our recent successes? I"d be more then willing to do my bit for APAT!  ::)
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 08:50:02 AM »

Des do u need me and Liv to get together and celebrate our recent successes? I"d be more then willing to do my bit for APAT!  ::)

;D ;D

Zanshin

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 08:56:21 AM »
Excellent result - WP Liv
How can you call that.... you should have bet more...... I was all-in...... well you should have had more to bet.

Liv

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 18:07:22 PM »
Thanks guys, am soooo pleased  ;D  was a great tourney and lots of fun was had!  

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 18:12:45 PM »
we"re not worthy, we"re not worthy :D
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

biffa85

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 19:41:26 PM »
wp liv

;D
Still learn the science and practicing the art

dhediger

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 14:05:55 PM »
As you can see Liv, your fan base is growing fast :)

Well done Liv and lots of success in your future pro career !

bbmoney

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 19:08:59 PM »
nice result and well done

but.......

i dont get how someone who"s website says they are sponsored by a poker site can play in an APAT event, ???

not having a go or anything,i just dont get it ?

have i got it wrong

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 21:07:50 PM »
i may be wrong, but Liv wasn"t sponsored when she played in the welsh champs back in january.
However, pro, not pro, sponsored or not sponsored, she is still a valued APAT member, and her story is exactly the type of thing APAT wants.
i would also bet that APAT have a target to help project more players into the pro ranks as well.
WD btw, a great result in a tough field!!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Liv

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 11:04:49 AM »
That"s correct - when I played the Welsh APAT I wasn"t signed and as such all was kosher! Not sure about my eligibility for future APATs now the situation"s changed, but I"d certainly love to play them. The best structure for that buy-in you could ever dream of!

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 11:52:27 AM »
Clearly there wasn"t an issue with Liv"s previous APAT experiences and I think if common sense is applied, there may not be an issue if she wanted to appear in further events in Season Two. 

I think it is fair to say that Absolute Poker signed Liv for her media background and game show popularity as opposed to her ability on the poker table.  If they were going to sign a player based solely on their ability to earn a sole income from poker winnings, then I suspect that there were many online and live candidates that may have had a better case for that position, based on results. 

The fact that Liv has gone on to win a major title on the Ladies circuit suggests that she has the potential to go on and become a significant player in the game, and I"m sure we would all be delighted if she did so.  But right now, I would interpret her status as that of a media professional wearing an Absolute shirt as opposed to a poker professional.  We should not forget that Liv was jetting off introducing online coverage of the European Poker Tour last season and that her introduction to the game came by way of a gameshow on TV.  There has also been a far greater media response in the UK to her signing for Absolute, than Sorel Mizzi at Betfair for example.  She has received magazine covers and double page features which were not due to results - important and all as finishing 6th in Cardiff was   :)

One of the most important objectives of APAT is to give players the ability to experience the "real thing" for a low buy in.  We claim to be the proving ground for talented players.  We"ve seen George go from being the first out of an APAT event to winning the most recent Gala British Poker Tour event, we"ve seen Jon lead a WSOP event with two tables left, John Tabatabai finish runner up in the WSOPE, Alan Lake cash in a 2,500 player WSOP event, Phil Starrs cash in the EPT, Nick Wright cash in the WPT, we"ve had countless players final table GUKPT events, Baz has finished 3rd in an online World Championship event and we"ve also got a monthly PokerStars TLB winner and a PokerStars Sunday Million winner amongst our membership. 

All of these players have played APAT events prior to their successes.  We are a proving ground and I think we should be careful not to exclude a member from continuing their development because they"ve picked up a sponsorship not 100% based on playing ability. 

Now that"s my view as opposed to an official APAT position.  It"s an interesting debate and one we were likely to have sooner rather than later given the results that some of our players are starting to churn out.

What do you think?

FlyingPig73

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 12:08:04 PM »
That is the essence of APAT, to propell players into the higher echelons of Poker. I think most people who play poker would one day love to end up winning a major competition and for them to be approached and sponsored.

Also, Liv will bring positive press and media exposure to the APAT which can only be a good thing. As I see it, it is what the APAT is about.

WP Liv
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 12:46:19 PM by FlyingPig73 »
"You don't fail when you fall down. You fail when you fall down and don't get back up."