Author Topic: JM 4/9/13 Should I fold nut straight to river raise with possible flush/house  (Read 2654 times)

Charlie44

• Silver Member
Is this line of ok. Bad spot to bluff turn ? What is line on river check/fold, check/call, bet/fold or bet/call ? Have only 94 hands on villain 17/13/0. Cbet 33%.

PokerStars - $0.10 NL FAST - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

BTN: $6.23
SB: $21.74
Hero (BB): $7.50
UTG: $10.81
UTG+1: $9.79
UTG+2: $10.65
MP: $11.31
MP+1: $27.99
CO: $11.80

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 6s 8s
fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.26, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.16

Flop : ($0.57, 2 players) Qd 7c 4c
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

Turn : ($0.57, 2 players) 4h
Hero bets $0.32, UTG+1 calls $0.32

River : ($1.21, 2 players) 5c
Hero bets $0.69, UTG+1 raises to $1.60, Hero calls $0.91

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 18:48:49 PM by Charlie44 »

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Fold pre. Peeling these sorts of hands out of position will get you in trouble.

As played, am unsure on betting the turn, he is unlikely to be folding a pair so checking back seems fine.

River is a clear fold once raised. We don"t want to fold as we made our gin card but we are VERY rarely winning as he never raises worse.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
3-bet or fold pre, stop playing these hands without a full stack :)

I quite like betting the turn and think we do get enough folds here. Whilst I agree with Mark we do not get many folds from pairs I think he has air often enough to get it through.

River is a check/call as he can have a flush and full house, our hand is not actually that strong on that board. He should have a full house as a flush should call I think.

I would check/call river but bet fold might be fine. I definately don"t think we get raised by a hand like AQ or A4 here, they would just be calling. AQ should have bet the flop though and a 4 might well raise the turn. Not sure and will read other response but I like check/call on the river.

As played - fold.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Definitely fold pre.
If other players before you had called, then you can/should call with this hand.

As played then, a bet on the turn is fine. Raiser has shown no interest after the flop. If you check the turn, then you are showing a lot of weakness, and have to fold to any bet (unless you want to take a weird check/raise line). How else are you going to win the hand if you don"t bet?

The turn is your gin card, so you have to bet. However, once raised, I just call. He can easily have the flush here. Full House is also possible (but unlikely).
APAT Ireland 2008 Champion
APAT European 2010 Runner-Up
6 Final Tables
Captain of Team Cardiff. Online Southern Division Winners 2009
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

deanp27

• Platinum Member
pre is fine. Line looks fine to me.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Charlie44

• Silver Member
Thanks for the replies guys. He had slowed played 77 for a made set on flop and house by turn.

Still not convinced I have played this particulrly badly apart from perhaps calling pre. Even though on limited hands he had only cont bet 33% of time.

By calling the turn I put him on perhaps medium pocket pair.

I felt I could get value on the river and a number of worse hands could call. The river raise confused me but to be honest for the size of the raise I had to be winning only 21% of the time to be right to call.

I think I make a note of slow playing big hands and not getting value and move on.