Author Topic: JM 4/9/13 HAnd 4 Is this always a fold with QQ ?  (Read 7098 times)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
Re: JM 4/9/13 HAnd 4 Is this always a fold with QQ ?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 22:59:08 PM »

Suspect I"m calling here and expecting A9 rather than A4, not sure if I"m worried about anything else the way the hand plays out. Feel I"m ahead most of the time in this spot.

Grant, sorry mate, could I ask for your thinking on this, as to me the way the hand plays out is the exact reason why A9 is an unlikely hand. It is (imo) certainly less likely than A4. There are more combos of A9 but a high percentage of the combos of A4 may get played this way. A very low percentage of the A9 combos get played this way so to me of those two hands A4 is the more likely. 99 is also possible, 22 (that made a bad call on the flop) is less likely but also at least as possible as A9, probably more so given the action.

I might be wrong here though (I often am) so was wondering what the rational behind your thinking is :)

The limp utg doesn"t suggest a decent pair like 99, just encouraging more people into the pot IMO. Mike"s raise pre to me could easily be a standard cut-off raise and at this level some limpers are likely to fancy a flop with something like a suited ace to see what the flop brings. My experience of Zoom/Fast/Rush is far more limited than you guys though so I"m reading this with interest as well  :)
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Charlie44

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 23:10:04 PM »

All that said, this is a good illustration why I"m not a fan of Rush/Zoom, I just think we have to play readless way too often and imho, that just gives our potential edge away. So unless you are rake-whoring the volume, I just dont get it.

I Respect your reasoning Brendan. As an expalanation of why I prefer to play zoom. I get the same volume as about 3 tables in normal full ring. Personally even with 3 tables I don"t get time to have much better reads on players than with any notes I"ve made and stats from my PT, both of which you get from zoom. The advantage I find with zoom when you are in a hand you are not distracted by other hands. Each player to his own I suppose.

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 00:01:33 AM »

All that said, this is a good illustration why I"m not a fan of Rush/Zoom, I just think we have to play readless way too often and imho, that just gives our potential edge away. So unless you are rake-whoring the volume, I just dont get it.

I Respect your reasoning Brendan. As an expalanation of why I prefer to play zoom. I get the same volume as about 3 tables in normal full ring. Personally even with 3 tables I don"t get time to have much better reads on players than with any notes I"ve made and stats from my PT, both of which you get from zoom. The advantage I find with zoom when you are in a hand you are not distracted by other hands. Each player to his own I suppose.

Exactly, there"s no right or wrong here.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."