Author Topic: Grand Prix Day 1 Hand  (Read 9458 times)

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Grand Prix Day 1 Hand
« on: September 23, 2013, 17:05:08 PM »
Live in the club, we have 13,300 at 200/400 (50), in the BB with AKo.

SIX limpers to our big blind, started by UTG, joined by UTG +1, MP, cut off, button and SB. Plenty of limping in previous hands so no shock.

We?

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Grand Prix Day 1 Hand
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 17:12:59 PM »
33bbs, or M of 12.7.......  Make a comment about limper"s tax, shove, hope to get called by a numpty with AQ or a medium pair - bink the K, and treble up.

Would hate to raise to say 3.5k, get a caller, then have to play a bloated pot out of position.

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 17:22:56 PM »
Pick one of their eyes and stick straight in there.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 17:29:26 PM »
We add 3k to our stack.

Or we get called by someone with AT or 66, who thinks we"re at it, and we head for Nandos.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Charlie44

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 19:54:50 PM »
If you think you have a massive edge playing post-flop against these guys then you may want to play small pots until you have big hand. So not entirely adverse to limping (shouts of derision I know!!) . Otherwise if you are going to raise its a shove for me and either increase your stack 25% uncontested or almost certainly have good equity against any caller(s).

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 23:18:57 PM »
Never ever ever limping, although it feels a lot to jam , folding isn"t happening and raising putting in a quarter of ur chips  oop feels bad too. We add 25 percent to our stack if we shove and they fold so that seems the best choice? ...so basically what john and Steve said

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 23:36:59 PM »
I just can"t see how you can not shove here. I assume we are 9 handed?

25% to be added to our stack. Whilst it is not impossible that somebody has limped in EP with either AA or KK you will get called by a hand like AQ or AJ more often in live poker. You will also get a few calls from pairs where you are flipping. All that being said a LOT of the time everybody will fold. I don"t need to post any more on this one.

Doing ANYTHING other than shoving must be a massive mistake here.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 00:10:17 AM »
If i ever ever ever ever ever EVER limp here feel free to boot me in the balls.

Shove. Every time. Not even slightly close. At all.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 00:18:47 AM »
don"t like shoving here. I don"t think we make enough and we pretty much play face up. (though that probably isn"t a problem in this tourney)

with 6 limpers i would make it 3.25K. With 1 caller I"m getting it in on most to all flops. with 2+ callers you can c/f and still have a playable stack. seems a bit spewy to do this but it still seems the most low risk way to win a bigger pot
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 00:41:07 AM »

don"t like shoving here. I don"t think we make enough and we pretty much play face up. (though that probably isn"t a problem in this tourney)

with 6 limpers i would make it 3.25K. With 1 caller I"m getting it in on most to all flops. with 2+ callers you can c/f and still have a playable stack. seems a bit spewy to do this but it still seems the most low risk way to win a bigger pot

We either add 25% to our stack or end up getting it in good, or racing. If we raise and hit we usually get no action on an ace high or king high flop. Shoving is surely the most low risk way to win the most chip long term as we get it through so often (unless live poker has become even more spewy then I remember - in which case shove for value)
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 10:56:13 AM »
Its 10 handed.

Interesting Rob, out of interest are you raise folding pre?

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 11:56:47 AM »
it really depends on how the initial limpers have been playing. Not super keen on a shove but if you are not sure what to do it is probably a viable option
Looking forward to making my first day 2

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 12:03:35 PM »
We start the hand with 33 BBs but there"s no info in the OP about the other stacks sizes. Do any of the limpers have a giant stack or do they mainly have similar to you or short stacks ?
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 12:13:52 PM »
Lots of similar stacks, a couple of biggies, nothing less than 20bigs.

The UTG limper has limped weak before but has also raised UTG before, fair to say he has been mixing it up. Ditto for the others, have seen one of the other guys over limp QQ previously but has limped junk too.

I wasn"t that keen on the shove either, felt like too much. Obv never checking my option but raise and play a pot out of position doesn"t sound like fun, would be surprised if I didnt get a caller. Raise folding 1/3 of my stack seems weird too, was really unsure.

Sillbags

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 12:48:32 PM »
I"m shoving here every time. It plays so much easier that way and as rodders says you add 25% to your stack. What happens if you make it 3.25k like rob suggests and get peeled by one of the limpers? You will have about a pot size bet left oop when you are likely to have missed the flop, how do you proceed? I know 33bb seems like an overbet pre, but imagine if it had been opened to 1200 with one caller, there would be the same in the pot and I would be shoving over that. It"s the best play in my opinion.