Author Topic: Hand history review recording session  (Read 4161 times)

Sillbags

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Hand history review recording session
« on: October 02, 2013, 19:39:27 PM »
Ok guys, after watching Rodders" live recording session (good job by the way), I thought i"d do one  :o Being my 1st attempt, I decided to do a review session instead of a live session to ease into it.
This will be a 3 part video of a $5 1 rebuy 1 add on, on Pokerstars from Sunday 29th Oct. I would appreciate and welcome any criticism, comments and advice. Part 1 direct link

Part 1
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8WcUKSdrYg[/youtube]

Sillbags

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Re: Hand history review recording session
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 00:14:18 AM »
Part 2
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv4iGfE-VRY[/youtube]

Sillbags

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 00:15:53 AM »
Part 3
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMUCnj2MIpA[/youtube]

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 10:19:23 AM »
Awesome Neil, will watch and post my thoughts on the weekend.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 21:08:43 PM »
Going through them currently here are some of my simple notes on part one

Part One
---------

Hard to say without being able to see the HUD, they are vital to analyse play.

Like the way you played the missed AK and also the 66 hands. Also like c-betting the Q9s when you hit the flush draw. I don"t see what the turn card changes though to lead you to believe that a second barrel will work on that board texture, what do you think his calling range on the flop is, what do you think calls the flop and folds the turn? I think check/call or check/fold is fine on the turn.

ATs from EP does not seem that great to be honest I tend to just fold AT from there, I know it is suited so that adds a little bit but that kind of hand out of position is going to lead to problems. I like the way you played the flop in that hand though getting it in on the flop must be good as his range include lots of draws you beat. The 55 flat call pre from EP is not so good for me, you are not deep enough anyway and there are a lot of players to act still so you can end up having to fold after putting money in the pot.

Why do you want to open T7s UTG? Late position, sure, but in early position just sounds like it will get you into trouble, pretty sure it is not going to be profitable. Much like the point I made in the last paragraph.

With the Q6 hand you mention a read on the BB that he is very tight, in which case it is going to be profitable to raise from the SB very wide. By calling you give him post flop position and make the hand easier from him and harder for you. I would just have min raised that player every time from the SB when it folded to me as he is never going to exploit this, even if he does open up slightly it won"t be enough to stop you being profitable.

I like the QJ 3-bet from the button as you will have position post flop in a 3bet pot if he calls. Don"t see why you would want to not 3bet with QJs though. I like player bigger 3-bet pots from in position.

Would prefer to just open fold the A9 and AJ type hans from EP

Also like min raising the button and stealing consistently, this is going to be profitable with how tight the SB to your button was playing.

Like the AQs raise/fold from EP agree with your comments on the hand. Don"t think you see too many 3-bets with AJ there.

When you c-bet the AJ I think it is a standard c-bet, yeah you only get called when you are beat but you are cbetting to try and win the pot, check calling make the hand super complex. C-betting is easy and +EV in that hand so c-betting is good for the same reasons you outline at the end of the video.

Sillbags

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 16:00:32 PM »
Thanks Steve. Fully appreciate the feedback. I think you are right on maybe not d/barreling the Q9s hand. Maybe opening range from ep is a little wide, but don"t see too many light 3 bets vs ep opens at this level, so looking to see flops with suited connecting type hands that can flop big. I think the same logic applies to calling QJs ip instead of 3 betting like with QJo. 55 was a fold like you suggest.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 09:59:34 AM »

Thanks Steve. Fully appreciate the feedback. I think you are right on maybe not d/barreling the Q9s hand. Maybe opening range from ep is a little wide, but don"t see too many light 3 bets vs ep opens at this level, so looking to see flops with suited connecting type hands that can flop big. I think the same logic applies to calling QJs ip instead of 3 betting like with QJo. 55 was a fold like you suggest.

Will try and do some more on the rest shortly. I quite like watching the videos but pretty busy now what with having to get ready for Vegas and all (blatant brag)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 11:22:24 AM »
tl;dr