Author Topic: JM Nut flush draw in multi way pot  (Read 4117 times)

Charlie44

• Silver Member
JM Nut flush draw in multi way pot
« on: November 06, 2013, 18:07:10 PM »
Is this a difficult spot in raised pot or is it clear shove. I have a nut flush draw and overcards but I have had a bet and all in before me, the original pre flop raiser has checked but will act after me. If I just call good chance he or post flop bettor will raise all in behind me. Whats my best play ?

PokerStars - $0.10 NL FAST - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

BTN: $6.00
SB: $11.55
BB: $10.52
Hero (UTG): $10.00
UTG+1: $27.09
UTG+2: $13.21
MP: $17.82
MP+1: $13.25
CO: $3.95

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Ad Qd
Hero raises to $0.25, UTG+1 raises to $0.60, fold, MP calls $0.60, fold, CO calls $0.60, fold, SB calls $0.55, fold, Hero calls $0.35

Flop : ($3.10, 5 players) 9d 6d 5h
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP bets $1.50, CO raises to $3.35 and is all-in, fold, Hero ?

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
Re: JM Nut flush draw in multi way pot
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 20:00:50 PM »
If you"re not getting it in here then you really should fold pre.

Not mad about flatting a 3b in this spot pre, any reads on 3b"r ? Light 3b is most unlikely when we open utg.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Charlie44

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 10:40:56 AM »
Sorry Brendan meant to post stats - have very little on any of them tbh - Just 9 hands on UTG+1 but 44/11 with 0 3 bet, just 12 hands on MP 33/17/0 and only 2 hands on CO 0/0/0.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 13:27:23 PM »
just gotta go with it now, would probably fold non-nut FDs
Looking forward to making my first day 2

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 14:25:32 PM »

Sorry Brendan meant to post stats - have very little on any of them tbh - Just 9 hands on UTG+1 but 44/11 with 0 3 bet, just 12 hands on MP 33/17/0 and only 2 hands on CO 0/0/0.

Looking at this again and I think I"ve mentioned before, I really dislike your 2.5x sizing from utg, we will be called lighter which is good but we very often will be oop in a multiway pot and that is a losing proposition even with a dominating range. Also, if you are multi tabling it is prudent to steer clear of tough spots in favour of multiple simple opportunities.

Take a look at your database, filter for early position / did raise preflop / trick around with # players to flop. You also could look at the big winners in the game and see what they favour though you would need a large sample size to identify actual winning players rather than a hot run.

It seems really weak to fold to the 3b preflop but even with the tiny sample of 9 hands, villain has played 5 of 9 = loose, raised 1 of the five he played = passive.

So it gets back to us in utg and we need to call $0.35 with immediate pot odds of ~ 7.5 : 1, looks a no brainer?

But what exact scenario are we going to like on the flop, other than flopping the nuts this is one of the better flops for our hand and still we have a dilemma?

I would need to know how often we flop golden in this spot to solve definitively but intuitively I feel that flatting will be a losing play. We will check fold the flop >90% and when we do flop well we will only win ~ 50% max.

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 16:22:33 PM »

If you"re not getting it in here then you really should fold pre.

This. Re jam IMO.

Be sure to hit a diamond though.
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 17:11:57 PM »
Never ever not getting it in here. Shove, and be happy with either a call or a fold from the original raiser.