Author Topic: APAT UK Team Championship Online Event - Sunday 23.2.14 @8pm.  (Read 68936 times)

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Re: APAT UK Team Championship Online Event - Sunday 23.2.14 @8pm.
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2014, 18:52:10 PM »
Well done to the LBPN crowd. We now have a Gold and a Bronze medal live, and a Gold and a Bronze medal on line this season. :) Well done to Ratty and Lee last night for medalling and my little bro for his first APAT final table :)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2014, 20:37:27 PM »
t-minus about 10 minutes until results are posted..

Nicknames submitted and actual nicknames are different in some cases, hence the delayage...
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2014, 20:50:23 PM »
Le results:

Individual Results

PosNicknameTeamPoints
1RATFINK2LBPN50
2poolace147n/a49
3LBPNB055LBPN48
4SQR64QApatNobody Wants Us47
5LaulaFishn/a46
6dirkadirka911Team Tartan Army45
7gldladyluckn/a44
8AceonfifthTeam Rodders43
9boatful5LBPN42
10p0k3rth3r3Yorkshire Poker club41
11fandangofishFish with Chips40
12kevod1111111n/a39
13divaflardLPPL Crew38
14neillyboy1066LPPL Crew37
15slimany2Team 88836
16p3nfro1Nobody Wants Us35
17patrickcoNobody Wants Us34
18LeRaiser98Gambling Network Forum33
19lppleosLPPL Crew32
206Ant66n/a31
21JFW66Shakira Shakira30
22BOINGBLITZBCPCn/a29
23jockeyaptLBPN28
24paymydebtpleaseTeam Rodders27
25bobkatYorkshire Poker club26
26gaztrick9n/a25
27ComputerSaysNoooFish with Chips24
28clemfandangoYorkshire Poker club23
29SuzAPATTeam Tartan Army22
30cormach11111Nobody Wants Us21
31NuckingFitTeam Gotham20
32lpplskippy13Shakira Shakira19
33colinmcgggNobody Wants Us (5th)0
34M1ntTr4vShakira Shakira18
35dukenessTeam Rodders17
36lordofeviln/a16
37MrDribbleTeam Gotham15
38PocketAmazing28Team Tartan Army14
39APATNightbullyn/a13
40Kronstdat1921n/a12
41Walwyn4n/a11
42lateregkenn/a10
43FredWestHamNobody Wants Us (6th)0
44TeamGothamBaneTeam Gotham9
45gottopayfknbillsTeam Rodders8
465UGARFREEEFish with Chips7
47yourriddledTeam Gotham6
48OptimalPrime1Team Tartan Army5
49bloglawTeam Tartan Army (5th)0
50younghibboLMC Poker4
51DonnyLTn/a3
52ZanzibarFiggn/a2
53gazzas18881n/a1
54Ihave910Team Rodders (5th)0
55LombBomb72Team Tartan Army (6th)0
56The5nappern/a0
57Erimus111n/a0
58ThePhoenixLBPNLBPN (5th)0
59harrycollingeLMC Poker0
60shazzand1979LPPL Crew0
61stocktoncockTeam Rodders (6th)0
62AzaWaugh81Shakira Shakira0
63NoseyPPPYorkshire Poker club0
64bethany020711n/a0
65plgn36n/a0
66HateCoralSNsTeam Gotham (5th)0
67TGBatmanTeam Gotham (6th)0
681HammeriteTeam Gotham (7th)0
69Dinky365Team 8880
70casperdog333LMC Poker0
71wrinklebaybarneyNobody Wants Us (7th)0
72JokharrFish with Chips0
73KE5REL19n/a0
74blondeNinjaFishTeam Tartan Army (7th)0
75hibsy1976n/a0
76AcesSteve111n/a0
77AMRN77APATn/a0
78sleeves14411n/a0
79ashhen1Gambling Network Forum0
80Sapper591LPPL Crew (5th)0
81friedmarsbarTeam Tartan Army (8th)0
82Quasar6311Fish with Chips (5th)0
83ooAJDoon/a0
84gosling671Team 8880
85Gr0sPoissonFish with Chips (6th)0
86curlarge3813Fish with Chips (7th)0
87cayton21booGambling Network Forum0
88rossyboy78LMC Poker0
89AdrianLong1Yorkshire Poker club (5th)0
90RoddersNCFCTeam Rodders (7th)0
90DontBeADickn/a0
91chuckster18LPPL Crew (6th)0
91grumpypants1980Shakira Shakira (5th)0
91scarlett17n/a0
92ZozzyApatLBPN (6th)0
92daveyzeezeeYorkkshire Poker club (6th)0
931SF1SH1NG0KLMC Poker (5th)0
93NellieG10Fish with Chips (8th)0
93drowslasher888Team Rodders (8th)0
94StoneiiNobody Want Us (8th)0

Team Results

TeamTotal
LBPN168
Nobody Wants Us137
LPPL Crew107
Team Rodders95
Yorkshire Poker club90
Team Tartan Army86
Fish with Chips71
Shakira Shakira67
Team Gotham50
Team 88836
Gambling Network Forum33
LMC Poker4
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 22:35:40 PM by Matt D »
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2014, 20:58:20 PM »
Results are in the post above ^^. I"ve also stuck them on the first post, so folk can find them easily if more replies are made in this thread.

Pretty sure at least one of the players listed as "n/a"" was actually on a team, but that"s probably because you"ve told me your nickname wrongly! (if you did tell me properly, and the mistake is mine - quite likely(!) - then please tell me ASAP and I will fix). However, barring a stewards enquiry, the results are thus:

Congrats to Lee Barrett"s Poker Network (aka LBPN) who win the Team Element of the competition!! :) Your prize, should you choose to accept it, is guaranteed entry in next season"s Team Championship. It will be up to the team captain who he wishes to represent the team.

Nobody Wants Us achieved a very respectful 2nd place, with an impressive 6 of their players making the top 43.

Live Pub Poker League, are next in 3rd spot with another great performance, and just missing out on the final table.

Until next time, may all of your cards be live and may all of your pots be monsters :D

p.s. I shall be contacting the top 3 players to get address details for sending of medals, and also sending details of the Champion of Champions game to Mr. Ratfink2, aka. Darrell Hall. Massive congrats to him too! (does the double of winning the event, and being on the winning team!).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 23:18:08 PM by Matt D »

HOLDorFOLD

• Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2014, 22:24:51 PM »
Fish with Chips missing from team placings
Skype/MSN  Holdyfoldy@hotmail.co.uk

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2014, 22:36:48 PM »

Fish with Chips missing from team placings

ty :) Was an HTML [ TR ] [ TD ] etc. error thingy. Fixed now :)

ShoveOnMe

• Bronze Member
« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2014, 23:13:50 PM »
Hi all,

First chance I"ve had to log on today and first and foremost I would like to say a big thank you to APAT for yet another well run event.  Be it live or online, you do seem to get things spot on each and every time and all of us at LBPN sincerely appreciate the time and effort you put into supporting grass roots poker. 

LBPN (Lee Barrett"s Poker NETWORK - sorry to be pedantic) has been around for some time now and we"ve entered a number of your live team events up to press, but this is the first online event that we"ve participated in and I"m really glad we did.  For me personally this is a massive achievement, as I honestly believe that LBPN has developed a number of players from novice level up to a high standard through a regular well attended grass roots league!  It may seem a bit weird and self-indulgent to some, but LBPN is a baby to me and at the moment I"m like a really proud Daddy, lol!

Anyway, enough of that sentimental claptrap, I just want to say thanks to my team members for their efforts last night, it really was a monumental performance and I think its safe to say that we pretty much smashed this one out of the park and long may it continue.  Special congratulations to a good mate of mine Darrell (ratfink2) Hall for taking it down, VWP sir!

Of course I will be accepting the guaranteed entry into next season"s team championship, although I"m now going to have a massive selection headache on my hands, but I"ll worry about that nearer the time.

Just a word on the structure of the tourney, as I have seen it mentioned throughout this thread.  It may seem obvious for me to say that the structure was fine (because we did so well), but IMHO, any stack larger than 5k would be excessive.  5k represents a 250bb starting stack, which is more than enough for any online tourney with a 10min clock - in fact it would be considered as a superstack in most online tournies with the standard pre-set blind levels.  I always stand by the fact that increasing chip stacks will not have that much of an effect on the amount of play in a tournament, its more about getting the structure right.  Without looking at it, I"m a bit stuck for suggestions at present - although I"m certainly willing to come back with some ideas, but for me a 5k start stack and no earlier than a 7.30pm start should be fine - a max of 5 hours of play is surely enough for most people, particularly those that have to get up for work the next morning.  I played the Hendon Mob league for a few seasons on Ipoker and their start stack was 1500 chips on the same clock, it still worked well, but was a bit too turbo, if they were offered 5k I think they may have thought you were having a bubble bath!  Seriously though there is more than enough play in that structure, so personally I would be tempted to leave it as it is and see how things go, it can always be reviewed at a later date.

Right, I"ve ranted on for long enough, thanks again to all concerned.....TEAM LBPN FTW!!!!!

Lee Barrett, aka ShoveOnMe, aka LBPNB055 aka Alwayshastoomuchtosay!

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: February 24, 2014, 23:36:38 PM »

Just a word on the structure of the tourney, as I have seen it mentioned throughout this thread.  It may seem obvious for me to say that the structure was fine (because we did so well), but IMHO, any stack larger than 5k would be excessive.  5k represents a 250bb starting stack, which is more than enough for any online tourney with a 10min clock - in fact it would be considered as a superstack in most online tournies with the standard pre-set blind levels.  I always stand by the fact that increasing chip stacks will not have that much of an effect on the amount of play in a tournament, its more about getting the structure right.  Without looking at it, I"m a bit stuck for suggestions at present - although I"m certainly willing to come back with some ideas, but for me a 5k start stack and no earlier than a 7.30pm start should be fine - a max of 5 hours of play is surely enough for most people, particularly those that have to get up for work the next morning.  I played the Hendon Mob league for a few seasons on Ipoker and their start stack was 1500 chips on the same clock, it still worked well, but was a bit too turbo, if they were offered 5k I think they may have thought you were having a bubble bath!  Seriously though there is more than enough play in that structure, so personally I would be tempted to leave it as it is and see how things go, it can always be reviewed at a later date.

I think you are right about a structure for a weekly league, but we are talking about main event medal games which should be deeper. If finishing time is an issue then maybe schedule them for non-school nights.
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

patrickc

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2014, 23:51:16 PM »
Just like to congratulate our team Nobody Wants Us which was put together just by people
putting there names forward.To finish second was a great result and with a bit more luck we
would of had 3 on final table,well done lads and look forward to our next game.The online
league starts in 2 weeks and i will be entering a team under the name Nobody Wants Us.
Anyone interested being up for the league i will take the first 5 names put forward because
this year the format for the league is teams of 6. I Look forward to hearing for any names.

ShoveOnMe

• Bronze Member
« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2014, 23:55:57 PM »

I think you are right about a structure for a weekly league, but we are talking about main event medal games which should be deeper. If finishing time is an issue then maybe schedule them for non-school nights.

Ok, fair point well made, but how deep do you want to go?  I still think 7.5k is excessive (its almost 400bbs) and it creates the style of poker that everyone hates these days, 3bet, 4 bet, 5bet pre-flop with air....just cause you can and then villan flops his straight with 5 3 off suit vs ur AA and you"re spewing.  Personally I"d like to get back to proper poker whether it be live or online, these super dooper monster stacks are killing the game!  If you really want to go a bit deeper why not try to replicate the current live structure (15k with 25/50 starting blinds = 300bb starting stack) so on that basis, maybe a 6k start stack with blind levels starting at 10/20 with a 7.30pm latest start time, surely that should be more than enough - just my opinion obviously!

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2014, 00:48:55 AM »

Ok, fair point well made, but how deep do you want to go?  I still think 7.5k is excessive (its almost 400bbs) and it creates the style of poker that everyone hates these days, 3bet, 4 bet, 5bet pre-flop with air....just cause you can and then villan flops his straight with 5 3 off suit vs ur AA and you"re spewing.  Personally I"d like to get back to proper poker whether it be live or online, these super dooper monster stacks are killing the game!  If you really want to go a bit deeper why not try to replicate the current live structure (15k with 25/50 starting blinds = 300bb starting stack) so on that basis, maybe a 6k start stack with blind levels starting at 10/20 with a 7.30pm latest start time, surely that should be more than enough - just my opinion obviously!

Just a quick question... what is your definition of "proper poker"? I personally want some room to have some fun :D As i am sure most people who were on my table will tell you, I was playing somewhat... creatively, but that is a game I prefer to play, and i would rather do that than just sit and wait to get JJ v KK v AA as happened in this one :p ( i raise folded to the Pilgrims 4 bet shove, Im such a nit)

People arent going to fold much in these APAT games no matter what the structure is, and if we are paying £20, I would prefer a few more chips in play personally, as it got down to a 15/20bb avg rather quickly from memory?

VWD to all who got cash/points/medals btw :)
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2014, 07:41:42 AM »
Were the blinds ten or 15 mins?  Shows how much notice i was paying  ;D

If they were 10 then i think 5k and 15 min blinds would be alright? It would be good to look back in the past and have a look at the structures when we used to have 10k starting and see how much they differed?

In everyone"s opinions, which site have held the best  online Apat Nationals? What was the structure used for those?

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2014, 09:59:35 AM »
It"s the structure that matters, not the starting stack. About five hours is okay imo.

Although there will always be pinch-points where the stack sizes need to catch up with the blind levels, I think both of these comments are correct:

The structure might need tweaking Matt,went very shallow and shove festy from level 14 onwards and especially at the buisness end.

I think the game would be fine with 5k chips but take a couple of the earlier levels out and add some levels in the mid-late game.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

LombBomb

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2014, 10:39:14 AM »

Just a quick question... what is your definition of "proper poker"? I personally want some room to have some fun :D As i am sure most people who were on my table will tell you, I was playing somewhat... creatively, but that is a game I prefer to play, and i would rather do that than just sit and wait to get JJ v KK v AA as happened in this one :p ( i raise folded to the Pilgrims 4 bet shove, Im such a nit)

People arent going to fold much in these APAT games no matter what the structure is, and if we are paying £20, I would prefer a few more chips in play personally, as it got down to a 15/20bb avg rather quickly from memory?

One of the few things I liked about Boss was the starting stacks in the online main events.  Thewy allowed plenty of play.  My chip stack took a few hits early doors the other night, nothing major each time, but then I was always up against it and grinding 10bbs for the best part of 2 hours before I bust.  The online main events should allow plenty of play and have deeper stacks/levels than online league games for example.
Captain of Scotland WCOAP Team Winners - London 2016
Welsh Open PLO Champion - Bristol 2014
Scotland Bronze Medallist APAT ECOAP - Prague 2013
Scotland Home International Champions - Stoke 2012
Twitter: www.twitter.com/TomClark
HM: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=261278

ShoveOnMe

• Bronze Member
« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2014, 00:56:59 AM »

In answer to your question, what is my definition of "proper poker" well first of all it would involve doing away with monster stacks and pushing the concept that "play" and "value for your £" in a tournament (live or online) is dictated by the structure and not the amount of chips in play.  You could have a 500bb starting stack, but if the structure isn"t right, then it means nothing.

There was a discussion on another forum I post on regarding the structure/start stacks in the GUKPT side events which basically centred around the fact that for your £100 buy in, you only received a 7500 starting stack.  Now on the surface this may seem poor value for money (especially in comparison to some of the stack sizes you get in other similar value comps), but if you looked beyond that and looked at the full structure of the comp and the fact that you were still starting with a very healthy 150bbs and at no point did the average stack fall under 30bbs - that"s where you find your value for money.  The problem lies in players inability to adjust their game in accordance to stack size and structure, even when their stack is relatively shallow, they still want to come and play this "creative" style of poker, but then feel disappointed when it doesn"t work out for them and blame the fact that "it was only a 7500 starting stack".  

I fully agree that you should have licence to be creative in a poker tournament and I don"t endorse "nitiness" by any means, but if you can"t be creative with a 250bb starting stack, then I"m a little bereft of ideas I"m afraid. 

During this tourney the other night I must have had AA at least 7 times, KK twice, QQ 4 times (in all honesty I"ve never had a run of cards like it) and what did I win my biggest pot with?; 75suited, calling a raise from the SB in a multi-way pot, this was in the early levels, so I guess you can count that as being creative. 

Proper poker in my eyes is all about outwitting your opponent, maybe being more selective than creative and playing position - whatever happened to that(??) and utilising my stack size in accordance with the structure.  Monster stacks only encourage loose play, particularly in the early levels and if people want to try to play two card chicken, then that"s entirely up to them, but I much prefer to leave them to it and pick my spots more carefully to maximise my gain to allow me to go deeper in the tournament. 

When all"s said and done, if we all played the same way it wouldn"t be a game worth playing and as with most games/sports people will always have their opinions on what"s right and wrong and they are of course entitled to them.  Please don"t get me wrong, I"m not trying to dictate to anyone, its just something I have a strong opinion on, I may be reasonably young in age, but I"ve been playing the game for quite some time and I guess in that respect maybe I"m a little bit old school.  I also run tournaments, so I guess I always consider the structure over the stack size, but then that"s just me!  Discussions like these though are what keeps me interested in the game - it also helps if I"m winning a bit along the way too, lol!

Lee B.