Author Topic: WCOAP Satellites - Main Event and Side Event. Start Weds 19.2.14  (Read 35263 times)

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
Re: WCOAP Satellites - Main Event and Side Event. Start Weds 19.2.14
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 22:58:20 PM »

I can"t make the WCAOP but would still like to support the Sats....
If I manage to win a token would it be able to be exchanged for cash..?
Or for another APAT event for the same value..?

Can"t quite see how that is supporting the sats?
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online
S7 G (& Bracelet) WCOAP Online
S8 G Scottish Online, B WCOAP Stud
S9 S WCOAP Team - England, B UK Team - LPM
S10 S Irish Online, England Captain - WCOAP
S13 B UK Team - APAT Degens

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 00:05:02 AM »
Well if I don"t play them at all because I can"t make the finals then that is no support whatsoever is it.... If I lose then I have contributed towards the pot haven"t I....
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 13:13:31 PM »

Well if I don"t play them at all because I can"t make the finals then that is no support whatsoever is it.... If I lose then I have contributed towards the pot haven"t I....

Yes, thanks Bill. Everyone who plays them is supporting them (and lessening the chance we"ll have to pay an overlay - every sat. has 1 guaranteed seat).

Unfortunately though, there aren"t cash alternatives this time round. The only time there is, is if you"ve already registered for one of the holding tanks in cash. If you subsequently win a token you can unregister from the holding tank to claim the cash back, then reregister using the token.
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 13:26:07 PM »

True

But if you win, you would have been removing the value of a seat from the prize pool without actually taking a seat.

Could always try selling at a discount?
S4 G UK Team - LPM
S6 S UK Online, B Online Team Cup, Home Internationals - England "B", Irish Online

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 13:35:46 PM »

Yes, thanks Bill. Everyone who plays them is supporting them (and lessening the chance we"ll have to pay an overlay - every sat. has 1 guaranteed seat).

Unfortunately though, there aren"t cash alternatives this time round. The only time there is, is if you"ve already registered for one of the holding tanks in cash. If you subsequently win a token you can unregister from the holding tank to claim the cash back, then reregister using the token.

Is that wise Matt? Doesn"t it narrow the appeal of these sats.

I am not going to WCOAP but would support the sats if cash alternative was available and it seems many more would too.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 13:59:15 PM »

I am not going to WCOAP but would support the sats if cash alternative was available and it seems many more would too.

But then it"s not a sat, it"s just a normal tourney with however many equal first places.

If the sat generates 3 seats but the first 3 all take cash alternatives then zero seats have been generated, how is that supporting the sat?
S4 G UK Team - LPM

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 14:59:37 PM »

But then it"s not a sat, it"s just a normal tourney with however many equal first places.

If the sat generates 3 seats but the first 3 all take cash alternatives then zero seats have been generated, how is that supporting the sat?

A pretty extreme example Matt and I suspect a highly unlikely scenario.

Recently we have had the actual scenario where scheduled Sats didn"t run due to lack of support, it seems sensible to me that we remove any factor that discourages members from playing these events.

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Sugar_Free

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 15:29:49 PM »

A pretty extreme example Matt and I suspect a highly unlikely scenario.

That we generate 3 seats? Yeah, you"re probably right  ;)
S4 G UK Team - LPM

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 17:02:16 PM »

Me too

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 17:14:51 PM »

Me too

Me Three.
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

mylesfdo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 17:28:30 PM »

Quick reminder that our first WCOAP satellites are tonight. Hoping for a lot of support here, thanks.

Any chance of running sattys on Sundays as well for those of us working midweek?

If these prove to be successful then we"ll look at running some on a Sunday too.

Any news on this?.....maybe running on a Sun when a lot of regs play online anyway would increase seats generated

adilong1

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 19:12:29 PM »

Me too

Me Three.

Me Four
Adi
Co founder of Yorkshire Poker Club on Facebook
Catch me on Twitter: Adicricket1

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 19:19:35 PM »
Quick reminder for tonight"s satellites:

8pm: £11 + £1.10 Satellite to WCOAP Main Event. 1 in 10 players will win an APAT WCOAP Main Event token*. 1 token guaranteed! 3000 starting stack, 10 minute levels. 1 hour late reg.

8.30pm: £5.50 + £0.55 Satellite to WCOAP Side Event. 1 in 10 players will win an APAT WCOAP Side Event token*. 1 token guaranteed! 2500 starting stack, 10 minute levels. 1 hour late reg.
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

vulcan107

• Bronze Member
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 20:50:12 PM »
Problems galore tonite, Flash didn"t want to work on my Mac so tried downloading software on my PC.  No joy there either as my antivirus kept finding malicious software and wouldn"t let me download.  Same problems with the flash version on the PC as well.  £10 saved I suppose

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 21:22:54 PM »

Quick reminder that our first WCOAP satellites are tonight. Hoping for a lot of support here, thanks.

Any chance of running sattys on Sundays as well for those of us working midweek?

If these prove to be successful then we"ll look at running some on a Sunday too.

Any news on this?.....maybe running on a Sun when a lot of regs play online anyway would increase seats generated

Yes, good idea. I will set one up to coincide with the first week of the National Online League. If that proves popular, then will run another the week after.