Author Topic: WCOAP - Main Event  (Read 60406 times)

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: World Amateur Poker Championship 30/8/08 The Vic
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2008, 21:41:52 PM »

Wheee thank goodness, 1st time I tried it wouldnt go through that authorisation thingy, thought I was gonna be too late lol

Delighted to have you there Champ...expect some serious fawning over that weekend.

:D - Im quite excited to be going Des, and Im playing Razz n Stud too, never played Live before but love them online...hope dealers gonna be patient til I get used to being Live.
Mary Kivlin

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2008, 21:44:20 PM »

Wheee thank goodness, 1st time I tried it wouldnt go through that authorisation thingy, thought I was gonna be too late lol

Delighted to have you there Champ...expect some serious fawning over that weekend.

:D - Im quite excited to be going Des, and Im playing Razz n Stud too, never played Live before but love them online...hope dealers gonna be patient til I get used to being Live.

I suspect it may be a case of being patient with the dealers, especially with Razz.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2008, 21:48:29 PM »

I suspect it may be a case of being patient with the dealers, especially with Razz.

Correct.  This will be the first Razz event in the UK that I"m aware of and the Vic have been very efficient in their preparation for the event.  Pages of questions have been asked and answered (mostly on our behalf by resident expert JonMW) and they are taking the side events very seriously.  But it will be a first for those dealers in a live environment.

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2008, 21:51:35 PM »

Correct.  This will be the first Razz event in the UK that I"m aware of and the Vic have been very efficient in their preparation for the event.  Pages of questions have been asked and answered (mostly on our behalf by resident expert JonMW) and they are taking the side events very seriously.  But it will be a first for those dealers in a live environment.

I assume they know that they are going to need some "5" chips for the antes in the 1st few rounds?
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2008, 21:53:21 PM »

thats a great point about dealers, whos dealt tournament razz proffesionally in this country before?

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2008, 21:55:25 PM »

I assume they know that they are going to need some "5" chips for the antes in the 1st few rounds?

Can you ask them to get some Kettle chips in too...Backyard Barbeque flavour.  

rudders

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2008, 21:56:33 PM »
sure we got in - but for peace of mind did I get in and also doig rudling and edward arees.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 22:22:25 PM by rudders »

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2008, 22:01:15 PM »

Can you ask them to get some Kettle chips in too...Backyard Barbeque flavour. 

are we attempting the biggest quotebox ever?

Hammerite

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2008, 22:07:48 PM »

Hi Des,

As you can see from all the post and the suspense, when is the list going to be published??? I got my receipt at 21:01 so hopefully fingers crossed. Any chance of letting me know.

Thanks

Lol i think your safe Jeldon see you there.

:D
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2008, 22:10:22 PM »

They know, and it"ll be interesting to see what they use...

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2008, 22:16:44 PM »

Do they know about the Kettle Chips?

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2008, 22:20:49 PM »

Do they know about the Kettle Chips?

It"s all been briefed.  We"ve asked for a crispy stack of 10,000 for you....

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2008, 22:27:04 PM »
Just got in and logged in as fast as poss.

Des, was I in time for a place in london?
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2011 WCOAP Online OMAHA HI/Lo Gold
2012 GUKPT Bolton PLO Champion
2014 WCOAP OMAHA HI/LO Silver
2018 WCOAP TRIPLE STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2008, 22:30:04 PM »

Just got in and logged in as fast as poss.

Des, was I in time for a place in london?

You"re in Jon!

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2008, 22:44:07 PM »

So I guess this means I didn"t get in?

I have a Nationwide Visa Debit Card... First attempt I tried Delta - I got a message tellig me it didn"t like the card details!! I then tried Maestro - and got the an error screen with the following message...

TEMPORARY FAULT

A temporary problem has prevented your payment from continuing.

Problems can occasionally arise for a number of reasons including:

Scheduled essential maintenance
Random security checks
Temporary network or server access problems
National banking network outages
Our engineers have been notified and will investigate as soon as possible.

Des,

Can you tell me if my payment went through or not?

Thanks,
Alan

It didn"t go through that I can see Alan.  We still have around 25 seats left and I will hold off from sending an email out about them until tomorrow evening - if they don"t sell out prior.  If there is a problem on the payment provider side, they normally fix extremely quickly.  I am not aware of any specific issues, although a slightly higher than normal number of transactions do appear to have failed this evening.

Well, I finally got a payment accepted! I had to use Electron as the card type... wtf!

Does anybody mind if I point out that I highlighted this problem at lunch time today - here
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341