Author Topic: WCOAP - Main Event  (Read 60343 times)

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: World Amateur Poker Championship - Main Event
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2008, 11:36:29 AM »

... it"s only fair that people know what they"re buying.

They do know what they"re buying - it"s a tournament with 3000 starting chips. If they don"t like that they don"t have to buy a ticket.

If they don"t mind that then they can buy a ticket, and if the starting stack increases then they"ve got even better than what they"ve paid for.

In fairness Jon, nothing was said about 3k starting stacks until after I bought by ticket.

They are non ranking one day events where players are scheduled to have 3,000 chips on a 30 minute clock.  Until later this evening when the Omaha goes on sale, we really don"t know whether their will be any demand to play in the side events, so this year will be a bit of a learning experience.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

mp3

« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2008, 11:36:47 AM »
Shouldn"t all this go in the Omaha thread maybe?

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2008, 11:44:51 AM »

This is not with me at the moment Mr Rodent but I would hope that APAT has done enough in the last 24 months to earn a bit of trust from our players.  You guys will get the best deal possible.  So relax a bit......

Des,

It is not a matter of trust, I"m sure you (APAT) will make the starting stack as large as you think you can get away with.

The point is you are selling seats for an event (maybe 3 events) where the starting chips may not be as advertised... and certainly in the case of the Omaha, way too low to be conducive with an event that is advertised as "The World Championship of Amatuer Poker".

This seems to me to be at odds with what APAT is all about... Well structured, Deepstack Tournaments.

My frustration is purely borne from the fact that I really want to play this tournament but, due the travel/accomodation costs involved, I can"t justify entering if, in my opinion, the structure isn"t adequate to allow enough play.

Regards,
Alan
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

craigdunn

• G5 Poker
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2008, 12:12:23 PM »
OK, there was a mention of it 2 hours before I bought my ticket deep in the thread.

I"m not criticising APAT at all, I"m sure it"ll be a fantastic tournament, I"m just suggesting that they"ll avoid this whole issue if future tournaments have their structure decided and advertised well before tickets go on sale.
Live Poker Tournament Listings, http://www.g5poker.com

dwarfman

« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2008, 04:19:53 AM »
Hi,

I got a seat to this and am listed in the players list. However, as soon as I bought the seat I got the confirmation and £75 was debited from my account. It has now however been credited back to my account. What does this mean? Is my seat not guaranteed after all or is it just a delay? I have double and triple checked and am definitely on the players list, and definitely got my seat while there were still seats left.

Sorry to be a bit paranoid, but its been a week now so I"m a little concerned about this.

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2008, 09:46:50 AM »
hi hun,

Firstly, you are definetely on the player list, your seat is secure.

Metacharge do a pre-authorisation to determine the funds are available in your account, and just before the event they wll take the payment from your account to finalise the payment.

Please do not worry, and if the payment is not removed from your account by the day before the main event, please can you contact customer@apat.com to let them know and they can advise.

Hope that helps.
Mary Kivlin

muzzard

« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2008, 14:47:38 PM »

hi hun,

Firstly, you are definetely on the player list, your seat is secure.

Metacharge do a pre-authorisation to determine the funds are available in your account, and just before the event they wll take the payment from your account to finalise the payment.

Please do not worry, and if the payment is not removed from your account by the day before the main event, please can you contact customer@apat.com to let them know and they can advise.

Hope that helps.

Is every transaction like this?

This seems a bit silly. If people had the money in the account on the day they regged sure take the money then. Ppl may now presume they"ve paid then spend the rest of the money in their account and have no clue your going to try and take the money later on - on a date unknown, causing a lot of issues.

If this is just a one off with this persons transaction fair enough, but if this is across the board it is ridiculous.

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2008, 15:12:42 PM »
I am sure Des will answer any queries with regard to this much better than I and give you a fuller picture.
Mary Kivlin

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2008, 15:26:48 PM »
This is the way it works.  APAT is not allowed to take the money weeks before the event actually occurs for various reasons.   However, we can only pre-authorise a payment for a week.  That said, this is the process that has run throughout season two and we have not had problems to date.

muzzard

« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2008, 15:28:44 PM »

This is the way it works.  APAT is not allowed to take the money weeks before the event actually occurs for various reasons.   However, we can only pre-authorise a payment for a week.  That said, this is the process that has run throughout season two and we have not had problems to date.

SO what happens when you try and take the money and there is nothing there?

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2008, 15:49:26 PM »

Obviously I"m not wanting to sound harsh here, but why would the money not be there ? Surely a poker player who practices good bankroll management would also practice good bank account management ?

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2008, 15:59:56 PM »
Is BlueSQ running a book on this event like it did for Blackpool?
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: August 03, 2008, 16:02:32 PM »

Is BlueSQ running a book on this event like it did for Blackpool?

I think that will happen once the player list settles down a bit.  There are some transfers going through at the moment and I will be updating the list later this evening.

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: August 03, 2008, 16:13:59 PM »
When is the vote for best blog taking place?
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: August 03, 2008, 16:28:26 PM »

When is the vote for best blog taking place?

The vote is live now....