Author Topic: German Open  (Read 13136 times)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: German Open
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 21:09:52 PM »
you didnt have to have a hand as strong as that and my hand plays well post flop, i shudnt really be playing it out of position tho, you obv thought i was making a move on the flop when i raised to 1800?

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 21:19:55 PM »

you didnt have to have a hand as strong as that and my hand plays well post flop, i shudnt really be playing it out of position tho, you obv thought i was making a move on the flop when i raised to 1800?

yeah i did, i should have put u all in on flop, then u wouldnt have the odds to call. by the time u came over the top all in i was committed to pot unfortunately, plus i thought u were makin a move. never mind those slow played aces got me right back in it  ;D
"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 22:06:18 PM »
oh well thats me done, what a yoyo ride that tournie was  ::)

also managed to finished 396 in a 1300 man wsop freeroll without even playin lol!
decided to focus on the apat tournie....that worked out well then  :-\
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 22:12:24 PM by billyho10 »

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 22:11:00 PM »
Totally card dead for last hour, hanging on by the skin of my teeth, need to quadruple up quickly!!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

EskiBoi8

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 22:12:33 PM »
had a bit of a yoyo night myself, was top five most of the first hour, miss timed a trip to the loo and missed  qd qc qs  :-[ then had  ah kh beat by a straight, back on 14k the now though, getting along

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 23:02:48 PM »
go cyntaf, well out in front at the mo....70,000 ahead in fact!

really hope u will be pickin up the gold!

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 23:16:45 PM »
unlucky 13th for me....and it was unlucky too.

4 bad beats and idrivetractors just would not die!!!!!!!

never mind another good tourney

wp to all those still in and gl

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 23:17:30 PM »
can"t believe still in 11 left, it is Cyntafs tourney to lose ,massive chip leader. hope to make the final table, fingers crossed I win the races!!

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 23:19:28 PM »
just won first one a rivered set

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 23:57:37 PM »
well one race won, and that was it! Got taken out on the river three times in the last half hour, you gotta love this game!
Great tourney though good luck everyone, time for bo bo"s now

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 00:56:30 AM »
well done Paul (cyntaf) great result! congrats on ur gold medal! dublin will be even better now! 8)

ps where does the name "cyntaf" come from. ???

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2008, 01:14:19 AM »
Thank You loads Billy, and the boys, appreciate the support. Marvellous feeling, great to get an outright win under my belt. Thought I had blown it a few times there. "Cyntaf" is Welsh for, "First".  :)
Seems quite apt tonight, but let me tell you, there have been times i was embarrased, the irony of that name and playing like God knows what. ??? Good result for me, great comp and special mention to Chris, George and The Auck who bubbbled on the medal front. Great final lads, I would say that i suppose, I am very tired yet the elation is wonderful.
Pocket Jacks played a huge part in a lot of big pots tonight, holding up, out drawing bigger pkts, even into Quads in 1 hand for Chris. However they faded on and just b4 the final table. I got the luck in the finals, but somebody had to, guess You were right all along Billy it was my night.

I will say, having attended the Academy at DtD played it"s roll tonight, a few things kicked in at certain parts of the tourney, so again i stress GO FOR IT BOYS AND GIRLS.....

Goodnight and God bless ::)

Paul Mac
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 08:02:11 AM »
Congrats Paul! Great result!

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 09:06:36 AM »
Well played Cyntaf, I thought George was in prime contention when I went to bed, and you had  blown a massive chip lead. But great credit to you for getting back into it, and taking it down. It was a fun tournament, especially the final two tables, hope to see you in Dublin, but I am struggling to make it at the moment.

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2008, 09:17:16 AM »
you thouroughly deserved it Paul  ;D

I have to admit though at the final table you had me watchin through my fingers at a few points! there seemed to be alot of all in re raises from people with over 20BB and then calls from the the origional raiser with marginal hands. its so important to remember you need a better hand to call than to open raise with. i have also been remindin myself recently thats its sooo important not to put my whole stack at risk in tournies! obvioulsy i didnt do that last night against u lol  :-[ i did try to represent a monster and was hopin you could lay down (or i was 60/40 against a big ace). obvioulsy ur pocket9s had me crushed and i admit it was a terrible re raise. :-[
i donked off my early chip lead to "hiamchris" in a similar fashion in a role reversal of this play. it folded to chris who called in the sb. i raised an add. 3bb with AQ in the BB, he called with a similar hand J9s (i think), i put him on a bluff on the flop, there was a horrrible re raisin affair, the chips went in and he hit his flush draw. He played it correct and me re raise was not enough to get him to lay his draw (my fault!) Again i couldnt get away from my re raise! note to self....must do better  ::)

my play gave me plenty to learn from last night and my sad railin till the end gave me some valuable info for dublin  ;)

anyway enough of the hindsight. fantastic result and looks like u can use ur own gold medal as a card protector in dublin!  ;D

ps. does me donkin off my chips to u entitle me to a slice of ur gold  ;)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 09:23:06 AM by billyho10 »