Author Topic: Ireland - Last longer  (Read 33700 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Ireland - Last longer
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2008, 09:36:22 AM »

Scenario 1
1st-14th Cash (profit) and points = great result, not worried about last longer bet

Scenario 2
15th, 16th (lets say 2 alternates), money back and points = not great but ok

Scenario 3
17th, 18th no cash and 1 or 2 points = oh well at least I won the last longer bet, better than that poor guy in 20th.

or

17th, 18th = sod all and they guy I busted in 20th wins $200  ???

Daniel, can we please make it pay for the person who is last out but not in the top 14.

Life"s just not fair, is it?

Me and you to finish 17th and 18th?

As long as you are prepared to buy me 20 pints of the black stuff if I am 17th or 18th I will be OK.

p.s. was 18th last year (no cash, 1 point and Mickey P didn"t pay his last longer bet)

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2008, 09:41:07 AM »

Daniel, can we please make it pay for the person who is last out but not in the top 14.

I agree! shouldn"t the last longer bet, be the person that lasts the longest but doesnt cash?  :-\
"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2008, 09:47:30 AM »
... and Mickey P didn"t pay his last longer bet

MickyP"s "last longer" bets are usually for drink. Can I assume Stuart that you are owed too?

Better bring your bank cards to Dublin Micky - there"s a queue forming ... ;)

FWIW, I agree that the last longer bet (which currently sits at around £70) should be claimed by player closest to 15th position if the Real Prize Cash (not Stake Returned Cash) starts at 14th. I signed up when it was "outside the points" so whatever he decides - as long as it"s agreed before "Shuffle Up and Deal!" - is fine by me.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 10:02:36 AM by lukybugur »

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2008, 09:51:58 AM »
This can be debated from now until Saturday. I"m happy with the original plan by Kinboshi and have signed up on that basis. It is likely that the top 18 places will cash, due to alternatives, therefore the longest lasting player who scores no cash and no points will pick up the bonus. :)

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2008, 09:54:48 AM »
If anyone wants to do a last longer bet with me for 50 Euros for best position outside of 14 places, let me know. ;)

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2008, 10:57:33 AM »

MickyP"s "last longer" bets are usually for drink. Can I assume Stuart that you are owed too?

FWIW, I agree that the last longer bet (which currently sits at around £70) should be claimed by player closest to 15th position if the Real Prize Cash (not Stake Returned Cash) starts at 14th. I signed up when it was "outside the points" so whatever he decides - as long as it"s agreed before "Shuffle Up and Deal!" - is fine by me.

It was agreed on page one of the thread...actually, post one of the thread.

It took until page 3 until anyone actually questioned it, and I still haven"t heard a good reason to change it.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 11:00:39 AM by Kinboshi »
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

jacQues

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2008, 11:49:03 AM »

It took until page 3 until anyone actually questioned it, and I still haven"t heard a good reason to change it.

Here is a reason to keep it as it is: play to win!

If you do reach position #19 and are short, play your best game instead of trying to get the $150-200.  Last year I had 2 or 3 BBs left around this stage and simply kept playing as well as I can.  I ended up winning it.  As long as you"re in, you"re not out.  And as long as you"re not out, you always have a chance to win.

Mind you, I would like it a lot if ye all will donate your stacks to me simply because #19 pays more than #18.  lol

jacQues

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2008, 12:59:54 PM »

Here is a reason to keep it as it is: play to win!

If you do reach position #19 and are short, play your best game instead of trying to get the $150-200.  Last year I had 2 or 3 BBs left around this stage and simply kept playing as well as I can.  I ended up winning it.  As long as you"re in, you"re not out.  And as long as you"re not out, you always have a chance to win.

Mind you, I would like it a lot if ye all will donate your stacks to me simply because #19 pays more than #18.  lol

jacQues

Can"t argue with that opinion from the champ.

I totally agree.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2008, 13:19:18 PM »

Surley the potential for 25th place getting paid $150-$200 and 18th getting nothing is a good reason to change it.

The last place to get paid (with or without the alternates) is both clear and senseable.

p.s. most times I"ve played in a national there have been less than 4 alternates.

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2008, 14:30:14 PM »

p.s. most times I"ve played in a national there have been less than 4 alternates.

I believe the max number of alternates so far this season has been 3.

2 alternates has been the popular number so far....

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2008, 19:37:26 PM »

Ian,

You ever thought about getting a voiceover job on the national lottery.  I think your ability with statistics would see you well.

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2008, 20:04:58 PM »

Ian,

You ever thought about getting a voiceover job on the national lottery.  I think your ability with statistics would see you well.

Got to be good at something, cos it certainly isn"t going to be poker !!  :D

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2008, 20:39:41 PM »
Just shipped another $10 on behalf of David Blacklaw aka Forth Thistle.

He is gonna square me up on sat, although i aint told him bout my interest charges yet.......Im turnin into a right loan shark!  8)
"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2008, 23:19:20 PM »
Any chance, the price of a cuppa tea guvnor??
Go on Billy, ya loaded so you are!!!
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2008, 23:44:09 PM »

Surley the potential for 25th place getting paid $150-$200 and 18th getting nothing is a good reason to change it.

The last place to get paid (with or without the alternates) is both clear and senseable.

It"s easier if people know beforehand which spot will pay what.  It saves me hassle of working out which place was paid to, who finished exactly where (the order of being knocked out is not accurately recorded until the bubble).

I hear your argument though.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason