Author Topic: Stars got my back up!  (Read 3675 times)

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
Stars got my back up!
« on: July 19, 2008, 17:43:28 PM »
Hi guys,

Just a quick post to see if any of you guys have had probs in the past withdrawing funds from pokerstars? i have tried to withdraw funds recently but because this comprised mostly the "last longer bet" transfered from "kinboshi" pokerstars has put the withdrawel on hold and had asked how i knew daniel (kinboshi). I in turn replied that he was a friend. I have now recieved a further email from pokerstars statin my funds are still on hold and they now require a scanned copy of my passport/driving license and a recent bill!!! im pretty pissed off by this and have replied higlighting this, in advance of sending this information. i have never had to do this in the past and am pretty disappointed with what is supposed to be one of the biggest poker sites in the world. looks like i will be playin elsewhere online from now on(which i have stated to stars!)

let me know if any of you have experienced anything similar.
"this is your life, and its ending one minute at a time"

ForthThistle

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Re: Stars got my back up!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 19:51:06 PM »
Billy,
       Transfer to me and i will gove you £"s.

Rate is 1.75 with commission at 5%.

PS No passport required.

Current Southern European Online Champion.
Past Winning Captain - Scotland

Eck

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 20:18:12 PM »
Yes standard practice across most sites i"m afraid. Normally quite happy to set up account"s but can ask for this info when withdrawing. Standard money laundering protection procedures.

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 21:02:28 PM »
cheers eck, thought they were just pickin on me  :(

very funny davie!  ::)

Eck

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 21:06:35 PM »

np Billy, the positive is you will only need to do it once so if you were to move sites you will probably be setting yourself up for similar down the line.

Perhaps pointing them towards the last longer thread would have helped as they would be aware of APAT from season 1 but doubt it would have changed much.

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 21:09:28 PM »

np Billy, the positive is you will only need to do it once so if you were to move sites you will probably be setting yourself up for similar down the line.

Perhaps pointing them towards the last longer thread would have helped as they would be aware of APAT from season 1 but doubt it would have changed much.

yeah sending a link to the last longer would have been a good idea! and yeah i was just annoyed cos i got the second email, no point cuttin my nose off!  8)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 03:31:18 AM »
Never had stars asked for this info but VC poker did and William Hill did some sort of scan before i was allowed money off. There has been a big investigation before on stars with big name players put money on each others accounts so maybe they are just tryin to check everyone

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 09:47:25 AM »
I had the same problem with 888.

MartinOwlMan

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 10:59:04 AM »
They"re just protecting us from cheats. Stars for me is a top site for customer service and a huge part of that is how the site protects the integrity of its games.

It is really a nuisance when something like this happens but your money will be on its way once they"ve verified your credentials. Blame the people who seek to cheat us all out of our $, rather than the sites - without the scammers there would be no need for these measures!

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 11:07:03 AM »
cheers for all the replies guys  ;D

i sent them the link to the last longer bet like eck mentioned, and will send info shortly (it was close timin actually cos my driving license is away for renewal and was just ready to post passport for renewal too!). anyway like you guys say they are only protectin us from fraud.....shame they cant protect us from donkey poker players.....but thats a different story lol ::)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 02:52:28 AM »
Not a poker theme......but if you think that"s bad, you should deal with PayPal on E-Bay.
  In 2006, I sold an item to a guy in Israel, who paid me through PayPal. 3 or 4 weeks later, PayPal decided they didn"t want me to sell that item and ORDERED me to refund this guy.
   I informed them that basically, they could suck my stump !!
  I was happy with his payment,
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 02:55:32 AM »
carrying on......I was happy with his payment....HE was happy with the goods .....and he had now SOLD THEM ON at a profit !!
  They were not interested in that though and continued to tell me to refund this guy, who didn"t want refunding !!
  In the end I told them to shove their overpriced service up their rectum.

You may have gauged that I am NOT a PayPal fan !
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

billyho10

• Silver Member
  • Team FNP
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 17:10:30 PM »
yeah dealt with paypal through ebay quite a few times, not had had any big probs, but they do rob you for their cut when i been sellin on ebay and the payment goes into my paypal account. thats a crazy prob you had boing! :-\