Author Topic: Still waiting for medals  (Read 3896 times)

ChipClick

• Bronze Member
Still waiting for medals
« on: July 19, 2008, 14:21:55 PM »
Just wondering how many members are still waiting for medals? i won mine in may and still have not recieved it. I understand APAT are very busy and are running this in their spare time and i do think what they do is great, however i am a little concerned now that i might have been forgot, missed of a list or something.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
Re: Still waiting for medals
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 16:08:15 PM »
ive been waiting for a medal since a regional in wallsall November 2007. So good luck to you.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 21:25:01 PM »
All outstanding medals will be despatched at the end of the online season.  Hundreds of medals have been despatched already this season and everyone who is due one will get one. Regional medals are typically handed out at the qualifying National event, but if a player was unable to attend, they will receive by post as above. However I will reiterate that our priority is running the events.

texfitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 21:41:49 PM »
BUMP

Just wondering how many members are still waiting for medals? i won mine in may and still have not recieved it. I understand APAT are very busy and are running this in their spare time and i do think what they do is great, however i am a little concerned now that i might have been forgot, missed of a list or something.

ive been waiting for a medal since a regional in wallsall November 2007. So good luck to you.

All outstanding medals will be despatched at the end of the online season.  Hundreds of medals have been despatched already this season and everyone who is due one will get one. Regional medals are typically handed out at the qualifying National event, but if a player was unable to attend, they will receive by post as above. However I will reiterate that our priority is running the events.

9 months on and just wondering if you ever got your medal, i never. I was looking forward to getting it, then hoping i"d get it, then if i got it, it would be "oh its turned up".  I feel APAT has turned into a closs-knit community that casually welcomes new members then carries on with the "little group"

I introduced my GF to poker and APAT, and we were both enthusiastic from the start - being total beginners- but i haven"t  played an APAT tourney for  while now because as stated above "our priority is running the events"  - but where is the follow-up ?

I regularly read the forum, especially the hand analysis forum, and i see newbies posting questions like "was i right to call - was a raise correct - do i fold" ? Some are anwered by "no brainer, AIPF, SHIIIIIP", without reasoning, then the OP doesn"t come back. So what has happened to APAT ? Is it "we all think the same so get with it" or "we"ll get round to you eventually" or "join us coz we"re an association"
epileptic cowboy

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 23:06:18 PM »

BUMP

9 months on and just wondering if you ever got your medal, i never. I was looking forward to getting it, then hoping i"d get it, then if i got it, it would be "oh its turned up".  I feel APAT has turned into a closs-knit community that casually welcomes new members then carries on with the "little group"

I introduced my GF to poker and APAT, and we were both enthusiastic from the start - being total beginners- but i haven"t  played an APAT tourney for  while now because as stated above "our priority is running the events"  - but where is the follow-up ?

I regularly read the forum, especially the hand analysis forum, and i see newbies posting questions like "was i right to call - was a raise correct - do i fold" ? Some are anwered by "no brainer, AIPF, SHIIIIIP", without reasoning, then the OP doesn"t come back. So what has happened to APAT ? Is it "we all think the same so get with it" or "we"ll get round to you eventually" or "join us coz we"re an association"

Dave,

Sorry to hear you haven"t received your medal yet.  If I remember rightly from your previous posts it was for a Newcastle regional event and also you knew someone else who had not received theirs.

All medals were sent out direct from the manufacturer and as far as we were aware the list was complete.  Let us have a look into it for you.

As far as your other comments go, I"m not sure exactly what your expectations are of APAT.  Plenty of events are put on, both live and online,  adding lots of value for the players and we have a growing community where players feel comfortable to ask questions to help them learn and develop within the game.

A large number of the strategy posts on APAT go into great detail as to how and why players would play situations in different ways and I am not aware of any new members who have posted feeling that they did not receive a warm welcome and advice from existing members.

If you have any specific examples, feel free to pm me.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 09:21:52 AM »
Sorry texfitz I have to dis agree with you in regard to APAT. The association does a fantastic job of organising both on line and live tournaments, not to mention the regional on line leagues that we have going this year. All this is done by volunteers who take no payment for their efforts, their only aim is to make poker accessible to the masses, and in my opinion they do a great job. Okay there are flaws, my medal from a regional event in Manchester took ages, but it came eventually, and like any organisation certain cliques evolve, but with more inter action on line and live, I think these are being broken down. I have met lots of different people this year, and we have talked poker, football, booze etc and I feel with the added value events that Des has arranged with GUKPT, APAT can only go from strength to strength, so lets get behind it, and hopefully we will spawn many more big winners like George2 loose ( rupinder bedi), Liv Boeree, James Eccles to name but a few!!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

SteveTheRake

• Bronze Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 12:58:17 PM »
Hey,

Cant find the original thread I posted in, but I"m still owed a bronze medal from a Blackpool regional. Thought it was worth bumping what with the DTD events this week, thought there might be a slight chance of being given it? :)

"I have implied tilt odds to call"

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 13:20:56 PM »

Hey,

Cant find the original thread I posted in, but I"m still owed a bronze medal from a Blackpool regional. Thought it was worth bumping what with the DTD events this week, thought there might be a slight chance of being given it? :)

I"ll bring one for you Steve.

There are very few of the old style medals left so if anyone still has not received, please pm me with your full address and we will look into it.

PM APAT

SteveTheRake

• Bronze Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 14:08:59 PM »
Nice one Des, cheers.
"I have implied tilt odds to call"