Author Topic: Hotels near The Vic  (Read 11327 times)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
Re: Hotels near The Vic
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 23:25:44 PM »
I"m in the Umi, looks pretty standard but got it for £100 for 2 nights and it"s only about 2 tube stops away.
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

IBangU

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 03:58:44 AM »
To anyone that is just after basic (but acceptable) accommodation you certainly shouldn"t be paying much more than £50 a night. In fact theres probably single room accom to be had for less than that if you shop around or get a laterooms type of deal.

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 19:06:14 PM »

I got a hotel in Barking, which is about 12 miles from the venue for £90 for 3 nights for 3 ppl!

12 miles in london is like 100 miles anywhere else.dont even think about driving to and from the vic. tube is only option.

Outlander

• Silver Member
  • aka holdmnweep on 888
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 21:02:26 PM »
Just been checking out hotels near Vic online and came across hotelclub site - http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reservations/London.htm#recommended.
Those listed below were the ones I spotted reasonably close to Vic and less than £60 - also heard the LSE has opened its halls for the summer at reasonable rates but havent checked it out coz already booked a place via the website... just hope the hotel honours the voucher now.

The Somerset Hotel London £51 Baker Street; Colliers Hotel London 51 Victoria; Blair Victoria & Tudor Inn Hotel London 52 Victoria; The Park Hotel London 56 Victoria; Enrico Hotel London 45 Victoria;  Shakespeare Hotel London 49 Paddington; The Royal Hotel Cambridge London 54 Paddington; Grapevine Hotel London 50 Victoria; Dolphin Hotel London 49 Paddington; The Park Hotel London 56 Victoria; Lords Hotel London 49 Bayswater; Kings Hotel London 51 Bayswater; Fairways Hotel Bayswater 40 Bayswater; New Dawn London 44 Bayswater; and Park Lodge Hotel London 53 Bayswater

IBangU

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 21:48:54 PM »
http://www.ratestogo.com/ and www.laterooms.com are also worth checking out for anyone booking late.

1tripz1

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 00:45:33 AM »
Im seriously considering driving. Is it going to be as much of a nightmare as everyone suggests?

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2008, 15:34:56 PM »

Im seriously considering driving. Is it going to be as much of a nightmare as everyone suggests?

Driving from where?  I wouldn"t chose to drive into central London at all.  Maybe drive to a station on the outskirts of London and then train/tube in.  That might make sense. 

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2008, 16:04:16 PM »

Driving from where?  I wouldn"t chose to drive into central London at all.  Maybe drive to a station on the outskirts of London and then train/tube in.  That might make sense. 

Have to agree Dan. Don"t forget you will have the Congestion Charge to contend with if you are playing Wed-Fri £8 per day. (no charge on Saturdays).
I live in West London and luckily for me within a 5 minute walk of the mainline into Paddington. 15 minute walk from Paddington and I"m at the Vic. Getting home if I go deep????? Bridges and cross them comes to mind.
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2008, 16:06:59 PM »

Have to agree Dan. Don"t forget you will have the Congestion Charge to contend with if you are playing Wed-Fri £8 per day. (no charge on Saturdays).
I live in West London and luckily for me within a 5 minute walk of the mainline into Paddington. 15 minute walk from Paddington and I"m at the Vic. Getting home if I go deep????? Bridges and sleep under them comes to mind.

FYP
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

M3boy

• Silver Member
    • M3boy's Poker Page
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 17:40:41 PM »
It appears last train from Kings Cross to Cambridge is now 12.40am so it shouldnt be a problem travelling on the tube.

Does anyone know what time it will finish on the Saturday?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 17:42:17 PM by M3boy »

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 17:51:01 PM »

A late finish isn"t something you need to worry about is it, Paul?  ;D

I"d assume, much like most APAT Nationals, Day 1 will finish around 1 am.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

M3boy

• Silver Member
    • M3boy's Poker Page
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 17:57:24 PM »

A late finish isn"t something you need to worry about is it, Paul?  ;D

I"d assume, much like most APAT Nationals, Day 1 will finish around 1 am.

lol, i left myself wide open for that one!!

Looks like I will have to stay Sat night - should the need arise ;)