Author Topic: Omaha Amateur Poker Championship how to regesiter  (Read 15543 times)

craigdunn

• G5 Poker
Re: Omaha Amateur Poker Championship how to regesiter
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2008, 10:21:57 AM »

Wish we could have confirmed starting chips before 9pm

It is scheduled for 3,000 Rich.  As I said, we may review that and increase based on a decreased field size, but worst case is 3,000.

I registered for this at 9pm last night, I agree with WarBwastard, it would have been nice to have some kind of structure briefing before the tickets went on sale, being an APAT event I naturally assumed it would have a fairly deep structure, perhaps not 10k for a 1 day event but 5k seems reasonable as has been pointed out.

It is Omaha after all
Live Poker Tournament Listings, http://www.g5poker.com

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2008, 11:44:18 AM »
Our objective will be to put on the best event possible.  We needed a little demand information to get to a final decision on stack sizes as we have not ran these side events previously.  So give us a few days to put the variables together and if we can get the stack size to 10,000, then we will.  I would say that looks possible for the Omaha particularly.

M3boy

• Silver Member
    • M3boy's Poker Page
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2008, 11:50:42 AM »
Great to hear!

WD APAT

ashhen

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2008, 12:15:35 PM »
It"s my turn to be a touch slow here... is this Omaha High or Hi/Lo?

I"ve just bought my seat but I didn"t think to check first.

ashhen

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2008, 12:19:22 PM »
Feel free to ignore that, i found out from another thread that it is High.

BobFish

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2008, 19:28:46 PM »
Just to add my two penneth, I would really appreciate it if the Omaha event starting chips could be set higher.

5000 would be better, but for a "World" event, 10,000 is surely the way to go. this would give us lots of scope to play, and we all know, omaha is an "Action" game.

Just 3000 chips would effectively turn the event into a coin flip tournament.  Whoever happens to get the best hands early on has such an advantage.

(With 80 players only, we"re bound to finish at some point in the early hours without risk of going over to  second day)

Cheers
BobFish

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2008, 19:31:49 PM »
Even with 80 players, my money is on this one being the earliest finisher as I suspect there will be a lot of players involved with little experience of the game and this tends to lead to lots of bit pots early
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

HungryHippo

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 21:51:55 PM »
On the basis of the response so far from APAT and those that will be playing - i think it is fair to think that the starting chips stack for the Omaha event will be in excess of 3,000 (at least 5,000 and ideally 10,000)
I think its also fair to say that most players would be happy to play until the early hours to finish this game rather than see it end up as a crapshoot

yousefian

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2008, 14:19:50 PM »
Just as an FYI

Gutshot hold a really good omaha event on tuesday evenings at 8pm, now they use a 30 min clock, and you get 5,000. Now with aroun 60 runners. They finish around 2am at the lastest. So starting at half 2, you"ll be finished in no time. So i think 5,000 minium, but 10,000 would turn it into a great event.

People love to POT, so i"m sure the money will go in!