Author Topic: Showing Cards!  (Read 9007 times)

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
Re: Showing Cards!
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 20:43:53 PM »
Totally agree Dan, I too think and insist both cards are shown to take a pot down, I just don"t get involved if I"m not in the hand on a cash table. To reenforce it, it is called a SHOWDOWN for a reason :)

John I think collusion is the main reason. I wonder if by luck, it also prevents too much bluffing, and force a more correct line of play, otherwise i suppose every game may turn into a crap shoot when we may as well then play 3 card brag or another game of just balls and gambling.
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2008, 16:26:54 PM »
Asking to see a mucked hand and slow rolling.
These are the two biggest sins in live poker.

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 17:15:36 PM »

I wonder if by luck, it also prevents too much bluffing, and force a more correct line of play, otherwise i suppose every game may turn into a crap shoot when we may as well then play 3 card brag or another game of just balls and gambling.

Well if that isn"t the damdest thing I ever read!!!

« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 21:22:56 PM by RioRodent »
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 17:45:53 PM »

I wonder if by luck, it also prevents too much bluffing, and force a more correct line of play, otherwise i suppose every game may turn into a crap shoot when we may as well then play 3 card brag or another game of just balls and gambling.

Errrrr, and we could call it poker!?

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2008, 18:07:12 PM »
It seems that i have created a bit of debate, which can only be good for all of us!! :)

My Rule book, states:

"The Showdown"

1: A player must show all cards in the hand face up on the table to win any part of the pot.

2: If you show cards  to another player during or after the deal, any player at the table has the right to see those exposed caards. cards shown during the deal to a player not in the pot should only be shown to all players whn the deal is finished.

3: If everyone checks(or is all in) on the final betting round, the player who acted firstis the first to show the hand. if ther is waggering on the final betting round, the last player to take aggressive action by a bet or raise is the first to show the hand. In order to speed up the game, a player holding a probable winner is encouraged to show the hand without delay. if ther is a side pot, players involved in that pot should show their hands before anyone who is all in for the main pot only.

This is taken from Roberts rules of poker, Which happens to be my name, the author is Robert Ciffone, it came free with a mag.

These would be the rules that we would play in our home game, and i am Known as the TD in, for doing most of the organising!

Good luck all !!!

Lifes tough, its even tougher when your stupid

North London Poker Club

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2008, 19:10:38 PM »
if ther is waggering on the final betting round

whats waggering?

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 21:15:49 PM »

if ther is waggering on the final betting round

whats waggering?

Now then, play nice... smelling doesn"t matter.

;)

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 21:20:16 PM »

Errrrr, and we could call it poker!?

And if we could just find a way to eradicate that despicable habit that a lot of people have got into these days... Check/Raisng... then the game would be much better, that"s what I say.

RR 8)

PS. Oh yes, and take all the b****rd Jacks out of the deck before we start as well.

:)

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2008, 21:36:43 PM »

Well if that isn"t the damdest thing I ever read!!!

Some things are tongue in cheek, thought provoking or simply to just help out total newbies who have joined or looking at the forum. So apologies for not thinking about myself all of the time.  ;D

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 00:27:42 AM »
just found this on the england poker league website :

"The last player to bet or raise, or to check first if no one else bets, is required to show their cards first at the showdown. The remaining players may or may not show their cards as they wish."

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 11:10:08 AM »

Sorry if i"m teaching grandma to suck eggs with this one. Whilst on the subject of showing cards, we all know that if the dealer exposes a card, then all the table should be made aware of what that card is, it"s information, right?

Similarly at showdown or where all have folded, and the guy who won the pot by default, then shows his mate what he was holding(his hole cards), In a Tournament it"s a case of show one show all, You cannot give one player information, he could later use in another hand against You, and put all else at a disadvantage,The others who haven"t seen what cards you raised with ie utg, in a tourney.

Cash again, at least when I"ve played, if you win the pot, when all fold, you can show one person if you wish to. The others are politely told to do one as they have not payed to see your cards. I personally either don"t show, otherwise turn them on their backs for all to see. I can"t see why you would want to risk starting an argument. Some do it to prove a point??? game slows down, atmosphere changes etc, and lets face it if your winning why would you want anything to change.

Just be nice and polite at the tables, it doesn"t cost anything, but could cost you an awful lot if your not nice. ::) Here endeth the lesson ::)

Does anyone else play it differently in their games elsewhere?

when playing the cash in dublin paul you had to turn your cards over at showdown just so the dealer could tell you wot you had  ::)

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 17:03:37 PM »

[/quote]

when playing the cash in dublin paul you had to turn your cards over at showdown just so the dealer could tell you wot you had  ::)
[/quote]

LMAO, thanks Al, I"d forgotten all about this ;D ;D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 17:18:47 PM »

[/quote]

LMAO, thanks Al, I"d forgotten all about this ;D ;D
[/quote]

Standard -- don"t know why but it took me 10 minutes before I could type anything -- still busrting my ****** laughing

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 19:10:58 PM »
the best thing was he cashed his chips before going back to the hotel and was saying he had had a good night but the next day every time he went in a pocket there was more chips to be found that he did not know he had won. thats wot drinking all day with dewi does for you wot a good trip that was

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 11:54:27 AM »
Don"t blame me Ger, I"m not going to rub them better for you :o