Author Topic: Neteller Currency  (Read 2934 times)

oneill1970

• Silver Member
Neteller Currency
« on: August 08, 2008, 15:07:07 PM »
Hello All,

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere on these pages, but I couldn"t find anything relevant in my search.

Having ground up from $30 to $83 at the nanostakes, I"m now looking at setting up a Neteller account, what with all the bonus hunting I"m likely to do in that gorgeous poker playing future.  So here"s my question - given that I own pounds but most sites tend to play in dollars, will I have to pay for the 2.5% currency conversion fee when I withdraw cash?  Or do our lovely poker hosts deal with that at the site?

Obviously, it takes enough effort to earn it without then giving it bits of it away!

Any help gratefully accepted, as always.
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

biffa85

• Silver Member
Re: Neteller Currency
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 19:37:41 PM »
Transferring between poker sites is more likely to happen (Bonus whoring or just wanting to have an account with another site), and you will have to pay the transfer fee at some point.  Neteller will want their pound of flesh.  Better when withdrawing to bank accounts than when transferring between sites IMO.

;D
Still learn the science and practicing the art

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 01:39:40 AM »
Wish I had seen this thread earlier.. hopefully U have not set up a netteller account yet..

There are so many threads that I have given the same reply 2, and I will do the same..

Have a look at Nationwide Flex account.. they give u a standard current account, a visa debit card, and they dont charge for foreign transactions, so everything in and out is done on the banking daily exchange rate on the day that it happens..

I believe from speaking to other players that netteller charges are now even higher than they were..

Anyway good luck in building up that roll, its a chore, but there are som good sites out there to be able to do it on, esp micro stakes..

oneill1970

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 16:04:37 PM »
Thanks for your replies - from what you"ve both said, it seems that Neteller might be the thing to use only if there"s no other cheaper way of doing it, but that direct withdrawals to a poker account (perhaps with Nationwide?) are maybe the best way to go overall.  I guess it comes down to checking site by site which are the cheaper options.

Your help is much appreciated, and has sorted out a few things for me - all those books which mention free Neteller withdrawals are a bit out of date, I think..!

Right, back to the grinding...
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.