Author Topic: Luton Pro-Am Qualifying on Blue Square  (Read 24510 times)

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
Re: Luton Pro-Am Qualifying on Blue Square
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2008, 13:22:02 PM »

Or maybe qualifiers could be freezeouts rather than rebuys. I loathe rebuy tournies and I find it strange that qualifying for a deepstack freezeout uses this format. Hence the reason why I"ve made no attempt to qualify for the Pro am or any leg of the GUKPT.

None of the gukpt or pro am because you loathe re buys ! well play the freezouts then ???!?!

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2008, 13:25:16 PM »

that is unless your name is Scouse and you did lots of rebuys....  :D
[/quote]

Thank you linda although i did say i was goin all in every hand after i had them 2 bad beats !
And with all the chips on the table unbelievable no one won it from my table !!

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2008, 13:56:33 PM »

Or maybe qualifiers could be freezeouts rather than rebuys. I loathe rebuy tournies and I find it strange that qualifying for a deepstack freezeout uses this format. Hence the reason why I"ve made no attempt to qualify for the Pro am or any leg of the GUKPT.

None of the gukpt or pro am because you loathe re buys ! well play the freezouts then ???!?!

Maybe I"ve not looked hard enough and maybe I could be corrected if I"m wrong, but certainly in the case of the GUKPT, every time I looked at a qualifier, it was a rebuy. Have I missed something?
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2008, 15:10:15 PM »
there are definitely $270 freezeout super satellites to the £1060 main events. If $270 is too steep (as is my case) then there are qualifiers. I think the qualifiers for this are a mixture of freezeout, STT and rebuy.

Just be careful which one you are qualifying into though. Those $109 rebuys are bankroll killers!!

I remember "winning" a $109 token in a Pokerplayer freeroll, playing in the qualifier, adding on at the break because everyone else did, just missing out on the seats and "winning" another $109 token, playing in that, rebuying once and adding on and getting nowhere. So I "won" 2 $109 tokens, didn"t qualify for the GUKPT and put a $300 dent in my roll :(

That was a year ago and I"m too traumatised to try again
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2008, 15:49:48 PM »

Maybe I"ve not looked hard enough and maybe I could be corrected if I"m wrong, but certainly in the case of the GUKPT, every time I looked at a qualifier, it was a rebuy. Have I missed something?
[/quote]

I know I shouldn"t say it site other than the mighty and excellent BlueSq also run qualifiers to GUKPT events with smaller buy ins and freezeout structures

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2008, 17:43:31 PM »

I know I shouldn"t say it site other than the mighty and excellent BlueSq also run qualifiers to GUKPT events with smaller buy ins and freezeout structures

Shame on you.  >:(

Only kidding.  As with all of these qualifiers, unless there is added value, you are often better off playing other cash/STT/MTT to build your bankroll and buy-in direct.  That way you are playing the games that you feel most comfortable with and getting a shot at the bigger events.

There"s very few live events that you can"t buy direct into.  Virgin Festival is qualifier only and APAT is high demand.  The Pro-Am should have a slightly reduced demand due to the buy-in, but who knows, the thought of a free buffet, added value GUKPT seat and an interview from Des may pull the punters in.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 20:53:14 PM by lukybugur »

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2008, 18:10:21 PM »

Only kidding.  As with all of these qualifiers, unless there is added value, you are often better off playing other cash/STT/MTT to build your bankroll and buy-in direct.  That way you are playing the games that you feel most comfortable with and getting a shot at the bigger events.

There"s very few live events that you can"t buy direct into.  Virgin Festival is qualifier only and APAT is high demand.  The Pro-Am should have a slightly reduced demand due to the buy-in, but who knows, the thought of a free buffet, added value GUKPT seat and an interview from Des may push the punters out.

FYP  ;)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 20:54:28 PM by lukybugur »

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2008, 21:48:49 PM »

The Pro-Am should have a slightly reduced demand due to the buy-in, but who knows, the thought of a free buffet

Chilli anyone  :o

Yummmmmmmmmmmmm  :D :D :D
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2008, 23:06:15 PM »
Sunday 21 15
gukpt freezout 250 + 20
but loads of play bit too slow to be honest finishes too late !
but is freezout
admitted the 109 ones are nuts but if u treat it as freezout out cracking value because lots of idiots ( like i was in $10 re buy other night for pro am lol )

And 109 easily qualified on satelittes $3 one nevr make 109 and normally played by 10 freerollers + plus others who dont re buy , shouldnt say but if u can spare a couple of hours easy in . but nothing for 2nd but easy 1 in 3 hit ratio for 6-9 bucks
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 23:09:07 PM by scouse3465 »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2008, 18:08:15 PM »
Next qualifier for the Pro-Am is tonight on Blue Square 8pm.

$10 Rebuy (1500 starting stack) with one Luton Pro-Am package for every $750 in the prizepool.

Good Luck All.

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2008, 22:26:58 PM »
I run good in these APATs!

As Hellmuth would say- I set them up get them to put their money in practically drawing dead and they still suck out on me.

See ya in Luton
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2008, 23:11:52 PM »

I run good in these APATs!

As Hellmuth would say- I set them up get them to put their money in practically drawing dead and they still suck out on me.

See ya in Luton

Sorry for that George but it happens to us all

Finished 8th after my 55 v AQ AA on the turn and river
Then my AQ v K 10, K 10 on flop
To the same person  

AQ is now the new AJ

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2008, 23:48:15 PM »
AQ is my favourite dog hand. I hate being ahead with it ;D
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Chelsea

• Silver Member
  • 2010 Double Winners...history in the making.
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2008, 00:00:36 AM »
WP Boddddeeers...Great heads up
South London la la la

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2008, 05:37:38 AM »
Thanks Nigel.

I was short stacked for most of the final table but just hung on in there and managed to pull through in the end. Well played everyone its just a shame that more people didn"t enter so that more seats would have been available.
Unlucky River as usual I did hit some flops hard during our heads up and you were unlucky a couple of times when there were 3 or 4 left.

See you all in Luton.

Mike
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 05:44:26 AM by Bodddders »
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain