Author Topic: 75k pot in Wednesday's PLO vs. Linda Iwaniak  (Read 3029 times)

rossydreamer

75k pot in Wednesday's PLO vs. Linda Iwaniak
« on: August 29, 2008, 17:02:35 PM »
Pretty new to PLO and was wondering your thoughts on the huge hand I played vs Linda. I had about 40k at 500/1000 which made me one of the chip leaders with 22 left. Linda had slightly less. Just been moved to the table.

Linda opens for pot, 3.5k, one caller in between and it"s folded to me in the BB with AAKs10s....I re-pot, making it 21k total (I think?), and just Linda calls.

Flop is Jc 3c 3s. I bet 17k or so, Linda shoves and I"m forced to call due to the odds but pretty sure I"m up against a flush draw or some weird combo of JJ, the 3 is pretty irrelevant to Linda"s hand I am sure.

As it turns out, Linda had AAc10c10, which was pretty sick and hit the case 10 on the river. Should I have flatcalled the pf bet and played the pot smaller or was I right in tying to force a fold pf/commit ourselves to the pot so that I can capitalise on my small equity edge with Aces? Obviously, it was fairly unlikely that Linda had the other two. (the flatcaller is quite irrelevant here as he was only a shortstack).

Any thoughts appreciated.....

UKChamp

• Silver Member
  • Yesterdays hero
Re: 75k pot in Wednesday's PLO vs. Linda Iwaniak
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 10:02:22 AM »
seems like you played it fine to me, when you repot pre all the money is going in on the flop anyway. opening early i definatley have linda down on a big pair min. little value in her leading out as your commited anyway and wont fold, so just one of them things. welcome to PLO! there are much sicker beats out there trust me

mal666

• Gold Member
Re: 75k pot in Wednesday's PLO vs. Linda Iwaniak
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 10:44:23 AM »
the only surprise here is all the money didnt go in pre.2AA hands with decent backup.As for the river 10, well thats just a standard beat for most people lol.