Author Topic: Close Season Online Mini Series on Blue Square  (Read 29607 times)

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
Re: Close Season Online Mini Series on Blue Square
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2008, 10:04:51 AM »
Any news on this yet?

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2008, 19:50:07 PM »
It"s a goer.  Just finalising some dates, so an announcement soon...............

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2008, 19:59:38 PM »

It"s a goer.  Just finalising some dates, so an announcement soon...............

Would that be at the end of the week, Des Leigh ?   ;D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2008, 20:53:23 PM »

Would that be at the end of the week, Des Leigh ?   ;D

I"ll be sure to make an announcement at the end of a week.   ;D

danol21

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2008, 12:30:08 PM »
count me in for any day really  :)

sopranoltd

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2008, 00:16:49 AM »

We are currently looking into running a mini online series before the start of Season 3 for all APAT members.

Initial thoughts are that it would take the form of a series of $20 freezeouts with 3000 starting stack and 15 minute levels.  We would look to vary the days to give everyone a chance of playing.

Payout would be as per standard Blue Square tournaments.

Points would be awarded for the top 9 finishers, with your best three finishes counting.

The overall leading points scorer would win the added value of a guaranteed seat at the National Event of their choice for season 3.  (If there is a serious amount of interest, we might be able to talk Des into throwing in a drink at the bar aswell)

If that wasn"t enough value, Des has threatened he might even play a few himself.

Please post on this thread if you would be keen to participate in this series and as always with APAT, let us know your views on your preferred days/buy-in/format etc.

Leigh
7h :2h:im in

sopranoltd

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2008, 00:21:21 AM »

We are currently looking into running a mini online series before the start of Season 3 for all APAT members.

Initial thoughts are that it would take the form of a series of $20 freezeouts with 3000 starting stack and 15 minute levels.  We would look to vary the days to give everyone a chance of playing.

Payout would be as per standard Blue Square tournaments.

Points would be awarded for the top 9 finishers, with your best three finishes counting.

The overall leading points scorer would win the added value of a guaranteed seat at the National Event of their choice for season 3.  (If there is a serious amount of interest, we might be able to talk Des into throwing in a drink at the bar aswell)

If that wasn"t enough value, Des has threatened he might even play a few himself.

Please post on this thread if you would be keen to participate in this series and as always with APAT, let us know your views on your preferred days/buy-in/format etc.

Leigh
   I am in the process of signing a deal with poker stars at the moment from my play at this years WSOP , would that affect my play at Blue Square ? Waiting to hear back from my attorney on 23rd Oct. I would be more than happy to play. Thnx GJC

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2008, 18:20:07 PM »

I don"t think anyone"s going to shoot you down in flames, you"re more likely to have a great deal of support.

I agree with you that APAT needs to provide realistic buy ins for all it"s members. I"m sure Des, Leigh and the rest of the team have/are taking on board the views of all the members who have posted.

You can pop your head back up from behind your short stack  ;D

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2008, 18:34:41 PM »
good points Bart.

I for one, am for a variety of buyins.

In S1 the buy in the buy-in online was $20 and the take up was much bigger than in S2 where the buy-in was $10. however there were double the events in S2.

I would propose a range of buyins from $5 to $100 with satellites available into the bigger buy ins.

Remember, amateur doesn"t neccessarily mean low stakes. A lot of members here have spun up very sizeable bankrolls and are still amateurs because poker is not their main source of income. The idea of a variety of buyins means that more members are included.

By just having a low buyin that everyone can afford, you will get people not bothering because the rewards of winning will not justify the time needed to play it.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2008, 18:55:08 PM »
APAT is all about it"s members and I"m sure, as he did before Season 2, Des is taking all this feedback on board when coming up with the Online, Live and Satellite schedules for Season 3.

Please do feel free to keep speaking your mind and posting without the fear of being shot down. You have the ability to report any inappropriate postings to the Moderator (bottom right of this and every box) and we have plenty Mods who will be happy to remove anything we feel may annoy another member. Unless it"s really, really funny ... :D

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2008, 09:16:41 AM »
Well said Bart! There needs to be a range of Buy ins. I noticed that number of APATers played the Poker Player Freeroll on Blue Sq last night. In fact I was on your table for a while, I crashed in 127th out of 780 when my aces didn"t hold up against twos! Crizzy was real short stacked and Cooste was out but AMRN was storming ahead in the top 10. So we are all happy to play $0 n buy ins!!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2008, 11:09:24 AM »

Well said Bart! There needs to be a range of Buy ins. I noticed that number of APATers played the Poker Player Freeroll on Blue Sq last night. In fact I was on your table for a while, I crashed in 127th out of 780 when my aces didn"t hold up against twos! Crizzy was real short stacked and Cooste was out but AMRN was storming ahead in the top 10. So we are all happy to play $0 n buy ins!!

Call me cynical but I think the GUKPT seat was probably something of a carrot here!

I would prefer the games to be lower buy-ins and played for bragging rights over big cashes but understand those who would not waste their time if the pots were to small.

Seems a varied buy in with satellites to bigger buy ins would be the fairest way to go.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2008, 11:15:26 AM »
Guys,

Thanks for all your comments.  I"m hoping to make this close season league and bit of fun with something for everyone.  The last thing I want to do is price anyone out of taking part and at the same time I want to make sure it"s of a structure that means plenty of people want to play.

Leigh

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2008, 11:22:42 AM »

Guys,

Thanks for all your comments.  I"m hoping to make this close season league and bit of fun with something for everyone.  The last thing I want to do is price anyone out of taking part and at the same time I want to make sure it"s of a structure that means plenty of people want to play.

Leigh

Was THAT the announcement at the end of the week?? ???
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2008, 11:48:02 AM »

Guys,

Leigh

Was THAT the announcement at the end of the week?? ???

Straight out of the Des Duffy training school  ;D

On a more serious note, I think Leigh was using this thread to gauge support. The Close Season doesn"t officially start until Monday 3rd November, so I suspect something will be announced in the next couple of weeks..... No pressure Leigh....