Author Topic: Declaring your cards online before anyone has bet????  (Read 1721 times)

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
Declaring your cards online before anyone has bet????
« on: October 11, 2008, 10:29:34 AM »
was playing in the virgin lunchtime turbo and got knocked out early - wasnt too fussed i made a silly move to steal blinds and got trapped nicely

anyway, nearing the end of the game i thought id look into the final table and see who would win

4 handed and 1 guy has a 200,000 in chips and the rest around 30 and i notice in the chat box that 2 guys where talking to each other in french and declaring what hands they had before they played and the way the game was panning out the chip leader was obviously hinting to the other french player what he had - especially when the chip leader was in the BB and the other was SB and the BB said 10-10 so the other guy folded claiming he had 5-5 only leaving himself with 3,000 in chips and with a 1k ante was hoping the BB would knock the other 2 out as they where efectively all in with blinds and antes

then the shortstack french player went all in, SB (chip leader called) and then the short stack started typing - CHECK IT CHECK IT

thought about reporting this to virgin as it was blatant colluding

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: Declaring your cards online before anyone has bet????
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 11:43:30 AM »
Report it, their chat should be revoked, job done

(Of course you cant stop it totally -- MSN etc etc)

oneill1970

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 14:55:43 PM »
Quite a few sites require that all chat should be in English, as well.  I"ve had two players chatting to each other in the Cyrillic alphabet before, and assumed they were talking about other players" actions.  I"ve also had two people sitting next to each other on an online cash table admit in chat that they were sitting next to each other in real life as well, stating "nowhere is it stated that we cannot work together".  I report this stuff immediately as a matter of course - it protects me, but, in the long run, it protects everybody else.  As we"ve seen with Ultimate Bet and the like, poker players are usually left to check up on the fair play themselves, so I"m all for this thing being stamped on.
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

oneill1970

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 21:41:55 PM »
I"ve had two players chatting to each other in the Cyrillic alphabet before

It"s just occurred to me that they could have been playing high-stakes Scrabble, tho
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.