Author Topic: Ipod Transfer  (Read 3423 times)

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
Ipod Transfer
« on: October 23, 2008, 19:41:23 PM »
Recently had a problem with my computer which resulted in my music files being wiped. I had about 10,000 tracks most of which are still on my Ipod. So the question is can I transfer them back onto my PC. I"ve looked on the web and there is a site which says it can be done and wants to charge me £13.06 to download the software. Is this true and can it be done for free.

Any help is much appreciated.
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Ipod Transfer
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 20:02:41 PM »

PM"d you Mike.

Not sure that a solution should be posted here as the reason why the ipod people don"t make it easy is to stop the illegal swapping of tracks.

Ian

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 20:33:30 PM »
theres a way to do it then ian?

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 20:46:28 PM »

theres a way to do it then ian?

In theory, although I"ve not tried it myself - I don"t own one these new fangled ipoddy type things  :D

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 21:15:35 PM »
It appears it can be done. Quite a lot of info in web land once you start looking. Just one thing. Dont wipe you Ipod clean by mistake before attempting this. I"m so bloody stupid, now all i"ve got to do is copy over all my CD"s to my computer - again. If you don"t hear from me in the next two years i"ll be burning my little socks off. Arrrrghhh!!!!!!
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 22:46:20 PM »
There IS a way to do it but syncronising an iPod with a new PC is NOT the way to do so - I"m assuming this is what Bodders has done.

Ian is prob able to give a better answer than me but I know of one way that is fairly safe and foolproof. A bit "after the horse has bolted" kinda scenario now though.

If anyone has a problem in the future, Ian and I will assist for a hefty fee ;)

oneill1970

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 00:28:35 AM »
There is a way of doing it, because the same thing happened to me.  Somewhere out on the interweb is a free programme for download which allows you to put your music tracks back on your PC.  I had in on my old laptop - without digging it out, I wouldn"t be able to tell you the name of the programme, but some clued up googling should flush it out...
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 13:36:08 PM »

PM"d you Mike.

Not sure that a solution should be posted here as the reason why the ipod people don"t make it easy is to stop the illegal swapping of tracks.

Ian

Post the solution.  The tracks on the ipod are bought and paid for.  Why shouldn"t anyone be allowed to download them to their PC?

Terrible bit of hardware the ipod.  Nicely marketed and all neatly presented, but very poor (imo).
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 14:15:08 PM »
A lot of the problems stem from only being able to connect 1 iPod to 1 PC. This isn"t the case and can be got around. By re-registering your iPod to a fresh PC (either a new PC or after a Windows Re-Install on the same hard drive), you will have to register it on there to stand any chance of being able to retrieve / sync your downloaded / paid for tracks.

I agree with Dan - a clever but pretty poor bit of kit. I"ve just got the Nokia N96 with a 16GB HDD, it"s the donkey"s doo daas!

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 17:32:52 PM »

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 19:41:06 PM »

I"ve just got the Nokia N96 with a 16GB HDD, it"s the donkey"s doo daas!

I wish I had waited and got the Nokia - they had 16GB iPhones in stock when I went for my upgrade though and I was easily sold too... to be truthful though it"s a pain in the 4RS3, especially trying to send drunken txts on a night out - all the people who don"t deserve it are now getting peaceful nights sleep when i"m out on the town!

Plus BBC iPlayer kicks YouTube"s 4RS3, although it"s nice watching the WSOP in good definition...
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist