Author Topic: Craziest hands you've came across  (Read 2812 times)

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
Craziest hands you've came across
« on: November 13, 2008, 14:25:02 PM »
just now playing a 5 handed SNG - 1st level of 30BB 15SB

im on the sb and after 2 limpers  from UTG and button i raise to 210, BB folds and i get calls from both remaining
players
flop is Jh 10h :2s: - not wanting to give any draws i go all in - pretty heavy but i want to protect my hand (if im beat by QQ or KK or AA so be it)

2 other players call and we all have AJ -turn is a river  6h giving one player a flush draw but luckily the river was a safe  9c

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Craziest hands you've came across
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 16:04:33 PM »

just now playing a 5 handed SNG - 1st level of 30BB 15SB

im on the sb and after 2 limpers  from UTG and button i raise to 210, BB folds and i get calls from both remaining
players
flop is Jh 10h :2s: - not wanting to give any draws i go all in - pretty heavy but i want to protect my hand (if im beat by QQ or KK or AA so be it)

2 other players call and we all have AJ -turn is a river  6h giving one player a flush draw but luckily the river was a safe  9c

what did you have?
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 16:17:53 PM »
AJ i think
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 16:26:48 PM »
sorry - yeah i ha AJ too

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 16:55:05 PM »
ok ish but would be nice if you put some more thought into your plays.
The raise pre-flop to 7bb is a little excessive,maybe 3x plus 1bb extra for each limper?
with this you get Pot control and you still get same info on villians hands, if they have limped big pair i"m assuming at low limit sng they would reraise and if they are set miners you are now charging them extra [will deter them limping in future whilst you are in the blinds]
Going all in on the flop is a bit strong , ok you do have a strong hand only 3 hands have you beat bad KQh TJ and 22 so if you think about it any straight drawers , worse jacks, 2nd pair donks,and flush monkeys are 2to1 dogs and worse,so this is a spot to lead out 2/3 3/4 pot see the turn then take the pot down.
When you have a good hand dont be afraid to lose it to a bad beat, charge the villians drawing or playing worse hands by giving them the wrong odds to call.
By going all in on the flop all you achieved was the potential to be called by 1 of the 3 hands i mentioned above and being miles behind.
When you have a good hand the idea of betting is to get worse hands to call  whilst giving them incorrect odds.

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 18:42:07 PM »
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.