Author Topic: Small Pairs in Six Max  (Read 2344 times)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Small Pairs in Six Max
« on: November 14, 2008, 19:10:01 PM »
Just wondering how these should be played in micro stakes cash games, ive watched videos of higher stakes and they basically tend to raise any pair from any position but would doing this playing micro stakes be a leak? Should you be looking to play multi way pots at any opportunity or do you neeed to be raising with these first in to promote an aggressive image and balance ranges?

noble1

• Platinum Member
Re: Small Pairs in Six Max
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 21:44:36 PM »
at low limit i"d suggest raise any pair as long as you have 30bb + stack and also to be able to fold them post flop [read dependent,but hey u gotta try haven"t you].
If 8 to 12bb stack shove them if 1st to act,call all ins with them if you have read on villians hand range and you have good equity.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 07:57:12 AM by noble1 »

noble1

• Platinum Member
Re: Small Pairs in Six Max
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 12:35:29 PM »
oppps read this as 6 max sng sorrrrrry.......
yes in cash 6 max if you are 1st to act then raise all small pairs just like all your other std raises with your strong hands.If your opponents cotton on to your loose range from especially utg you may find that you met be able to catch some out who re-raise with junk [stealing].
If i was you i would definitely experiment with your raising ranges and see how your opponents adjust to them.

have fun.

regards
noble
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 12:37:37 PM by noble1 »