Author Topic: How can people multi table at once?  (Read 5373 times)

oneill1970

• Silver Member
Re: How can people multi table at once?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 17:33:19 PM »
I multitable 4, but I worked up from 1 at a time v e r y   s l o w l y, even so, if I time out of any table, then it"s down to 3 for the rest of the session.  I also use the auto-fold button straight away if I"m not intending to play a hand, and move up cash game limits one table at a time rather than all 4 at once.  Sometimes it gets a bit busy on all 4 tables, but normally things are ok, and I still manage to take notes.

Also, I keep detailed records of every session, so I can see where my tipping point is for profitability, as there"s an optimum number of tables for everybody.  As you play more tables, your winrate goes down, but it"s compensated for by the increased number of hands up to a certain point.

One day I"d love to be doing 6 or 8 at a time, but 4 is fine for now!  And it"s all I can fit on my monitor..!
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
Re: How can people multi table at once?
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 00:41:42 AM »

I have just started to play cash games £0.5/1 level and i have come across one person who multi tables 20+.  How he does that I have no idea - more than one player perhaps.  I"d be very grateful if anyone who multi tables could give those of us just starting out a guide to the art.  I guess a big screen is needed but is there anything else?  

Well it will definately be more then just one big screen, probably something like 1 big screen + 3~5 flatscreens.

Article below may help you to set something like this up if thats yours or anyone elses objective for the future. Its dated but covers the basics.
http://www.tightpoker.com/articles/multi-tabling.html

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/36/stt-strategy/nc-logistics-multi-tabling-250512/ is a bit more recent and will get yer started on AHKs, scripts and all that garbage! But given the changes Party Poker made to promote multitabling I think alot more sites will be trying to outdo each other soon enough!
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"