Author Topic: Did i play this set wrong  (Read 2554 times)

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
Did i play this set wrong
« on: December 25, 2008, 22:11:30 PM »

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Did i play this set wrong
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 23:17:16 PM »
standard cooler
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 11:23:12 AM »
classy play from pobre   ;D  tough to even think about laying this down, at what i guess is a low ish buy in.
It is similar to kinboshis situation in that if you give the limp caller a wide ish range at this buy in - bottom set , flush draws , 2 pair etc etc and even J9 and the caller like you said - top pair , 2 pair and flush/straight draw it is one of those scenarios where
you are only around 50% to win. With them both all in by the time the action passes back to you with 30bb i would not say it was to bad or wrong to fold.
Whatever you are comfortable with,chip accumulation or the survive camp both have there merits.
I do not know how far you were from the levels where the antes kick in,but sometimes when i have 30bb+ with the antes soon to kick in,then i"m happy to pass up a 50% edge. [i tend to base some of my decisions on stack-sizes , blinds , structure of the mtt and chip average etc etc]

my tip of the day LongshanksED is for you to explore as many articles and books etc etc on mtt structure/stack sizes and the different strategy"s you can employ.

regards
noble

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 21:16:04 PM »
antes had just kicked in that level and only played a few hands when i was moved- and your also correct as it was a 10 euro buy - not wanting to burst my bankroll but 2 hands previous my set of 9"s lost half my stack when called an all in with top set on the flop to lose to running 7"s for quads

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 11:32:29 AM »

antes had just kicked in that level and only played a few hands when i was moved- and your also correct as it was a 10 euro buy - not wanting to burst my bankroll but 2 hands previous my set of 9"s lost half my stack when called an all in with top set on the flop to lose to running 7"s for quads

nice bad beat,welcome to poker  ;D  you"ll grow immune to them once you experience
a few hundred [thousand] of them.  ;D

if you keep getting your chips in AHEAD , you"ll run good...sometimes the answer to this is just playing the volume for the variance to swing your way...