Author Topic: Luton Poker Club - General Discussion  (Read 30377 times)

Kinester

• Bronze Member
Re: Luton Poker Club - General Discussion
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2009, 17:40:02 PM »

"North London Poker Club - For the people that couldn"t quite make it in Luton".

Has a ring to it :-)

Thank you for your suggestion. As you were kind enough to offer your help to us in the search for a nickname, I thought it would be polite of me to do some research into the wording used. Of those in the top ten of the APAT national rankings in season two, four players have yet to sign for any club, the remainder are committed to Plymouth,Cardiff,Liverpool,Newcastle,North London and Manchester. If we look at the top ten of the post season two mini league, one player is yet to commit, there are two each for Leeds and (ahem) North london as well as one each for Dublin, Edinburgh, South London, Belfast and Brighton. In view of this, I feel we should decline the name you"ve put forward as the facts are at odds with the thinking you"ve used.
  As I am currently busy fine-tuning my game ahead of the commencement of season three, I welcome any further attempts you have to find a suitable nickname. 

Far too much time on your hands :P

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2009, 19:39:38 PM »

"North London Poker Club - For the people that couldn"t quite make it in Luton".

Thank you for your suggestion. As you were kind enough to offer your help to us in the search for a nickname, I thought it would be polite of me to do some research into the wording used. Of those in the top ten of the APAT national rankings in season two, four players have yet to sign for any club, the remainder are committed to Plymouth,Cardiff,Liverpool,Newcastle,North London and Manchester. If we look at the top ten of the post season two mini league, one player is yet to commit, there are two each for Leeds and (ahem) North london as well as one each for Dublin, Edinburgh, South London, Belfast and Brighton. In view of this, I feel we should decline the name you"ve put forward as the facts are at odds with the thinking you"ve used.
  As I am currently busy fine-tuning my game ahead of the commencement of season three, I welcome any further attempts you have to find a suitable nickname. 

But 10/10 for effort.   ;D

Kinester

• Bronze Member
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2009, 00:09:47 AM »

But 10/10 for effort.   ;D

Agreed

rlet71

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2009, 13:57:35 PM »
Hi, please forgive me if this is covered somewhere else but I cant find it. Do we have to commit to playing in all or a minimum amount of the 20 rounds?

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2009, 14:32:19 PM »

Hi, please forgive me if this is covered somewhere else but I cant find it. Do we have to commit to playing in all or a minimum amount of the 20 rounds?

You just have to play as many as possible, no commitment, and they are all online.  In each round the top 3 (i think) scores per club go to the total Club score for that round.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2009, 14:44:31 PM »

You can play as many or as little as you like.  The top four from each club can score points in each matchday.  And the more games you play and points you score for the team, the more likely you will be to be in the top four should your club reach the grand final.

No minimum commitment though. (Can"t promise you won"t get badgered by your club captain and teammates to play as many as possible though  ;D )

Leigh

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2009, 16:53:17 PM »
Matchday 1

Sunday 1st February 2009 - 8pm start

FORMAT

SCHEDULE

PASSWORD

And the most important link

MATCHDAY 1 - DISCUSSION & BANTER THREAD

Good Luck,

Leigh

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 12:31:12 PM »
Guys

This will be my first team tournament so I have a few (probably daft) questions:

I presume that there is one MTT running on Sunday covering all divisions, therefore I also presume it is possible that you can end up in a pot with teammates - Is the ettiquette simply that you play the game as normal and if you end up taking out an opponent or they take you out, then this is jus a "casualty of war"?

And if there"s anything else I need to know?

Thanks

@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 13:30:01 PM »
i think given the team nature of this, then soft play has to be allowed at certain stages of this (e.g. on the points bubble). I would probably not play soft against a team mate but some people may choose to
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 13:40:43 PM »

Guys

This will be my first team tournament so I have a few (probably daft) questions:

I presume that there is one MTT running on Sunday covering all divisions, therefore I also presume it is possible that you can end up in a pot with teammates - Is the ettiquette simply that you play the game as normal and if you end up taking out an opponent or they take you out, then this is jus a "casualty of war"?

And if there"s anything else I need to know?

Thanks

There are three seperate MTT"s, one for each region. Therefore the likleyhood is you will be on the same table as some of your fellow team mates. As in all poker collusion and soft play are not allowed and I hope these games are played in the correct Apat spirit.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 19:40:43 PM by Bodddders »
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 17:33:15 PM »
So essentially it"s everyman for himself (woman/herself) and hope that your teammates go deep as well as you. That"s fine, I just wanted to be clear going into the first comp.

Thanks
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Sportz321

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2009, 10:51:32 AM »
so how did we do then? where can we find results for the tournament last night and how we"re doing? Although I don"t think we did too well. I htink I was highest finisher for us and I only came 11th. Sorry guys, got sucked out on two hands in a row which knocked me out, although I did giove out a bad one early in the tourney to one of our own. lol.

the-crow

• Champion folder 2008 and Bird Brain 2007
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2009, 11:46:11 AM »
Good luck tonight Team, get it won
~*v*~   CAWW  ~*v*~  ~*v*~     ~*v*~   ~*v*~   ~*v*~

the-crow

• Champion folder 2008 and Bird Brain 2007
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2009, 22:19:07 PM »
I made it to 30th tonight, but my KK was beat by AT after AT flopped
~*v*~   CAWW  ~*v*~  ~*v*~     ~*v*~   ~*v*~   ~*v*~