Author Topic: IPoker Problems  (Read 18080 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: IPoker Problems
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 21:31:48 PM »
Is anyone still having problems with iPoker and AOL / talk talk?

More importantly, has anyone found a solution?

biffa85

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 21:37:57 PM »
yes still having probs, no not found workable solution..... >:(
Still learn the science and practicing the art

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 21:39:12 PM »
Want my advice? Ditch AOL / TalkTalk. Oh, and when you do, don"t sign up for Tiscali / Pipex.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 13:20:16 PM »
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 20:55:58 PM »
This is getting silly. After being lulled into a false sense of security by 4 days of unbroken service, the gremlins have returned again and now I can"t get on Betfair either.
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 11:34:50 AM »
After an abortive attempt on a cash table (dealt KK second hand, lost connection before I could raise), I"ve just spent an hour on the phone to Talktalk to try and get to the bottom of it. After talking to an Indian call centre who didn"t have the foggiest what I was talking about and having been passed around the houses, as a last resort I decided to ring Talktalk"s sales number. The chap I got through to was very helpful and after I explained the situation, put me through, via another 3 transfers, to another UK based call centre where the operator seemed to know of ongoing issues between Ipoker and Talktalk (Halle-bloody-lujah!). He said that talks between the two parties are ongoing over the weekend and asked if I would leave things for 48 hours before taking it further. I will probably do as requested, but have told Talktalk I will be cancelling my contract with them due to their service being unfit for purpose if the issue isn"t resolved within the timescale stated.
 Thanks to the appalling service offered by Talktalk, I will not be taking part in tonight"s national.
 One final thing, if anyone is interested, Talktalk"s head office number is 0208 8965000
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 14:48:13 PM by monkeyman »

Outlander

• Silver Member
  • aka holdmnweep on 888
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 14:26:43 PM »
likewise, hours spent talking to South African and Indian call centres then eventually patched through to TT"s UK customer services, who have offered a goodwill gesture of £5 off bill for a few months because I explained that for me access to BlueSquare was now my prime reason for wanting broadband (although family might not agree with me) and if I couldnt use the site with TT I"d have to close my TT account. It"s been two weeks now and nothing done, surely they either turn the clock back two weeks on their settings or do nothing -which seems to be the case - and lose customes to other broadband providers - any recommendations for alternatives?

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 16:07:47 PM »
I am with AOL and have contacted them twice now. The first call was an Indian call center who knew nothing of the issues. The second call was much better in that the guy spoke to a supervisor who was aware of the problem. They couldn"t give me a timescale for a resolution and said they were working with BlueSquare on a fix. they claimed that Bluesquare updated some security settings and there as been some kind of conflict since.

I have also contacted BlueSquare again and this was their response.

Many thanks for your email regarding your connection issues

I can confirm I can not provide you with a timescale on this matter, though I
can asure you this is being dealt with as a matter of urgency and should be
sorted sooner than later.We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Moving forward, should you require any assistance now or in the future then
please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks for choosing Blue Square Poker,

Janelle
Customer Services Team
Blue Square

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 19:41:53 PM »
I"ve been doing some more thinking on this subject and have come to the conclusion that since I"m only 10 days into my contract with Talktalk, I intend cancelling and moving my business elsewhere. Anyone got any suggestions as to who I should use? I"m not at all bothered about being able to downloading material; all I want to be able to do is have a reliable connection to each of the poker sites I use and watch video clips on the Racing Post"s website.    

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2009, 03:55:17 AM »
I have had 02 broadband for about 9 months now, and have never had a problem at all, and its even cheaper if u have a o2 number..

baldaceguy

• Bronze Member
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
I have good old BT all i can say is that we sometimes have up to 4 computers online while im playing (my daughters on bloody faceboo)and never have any probs wiyh any site.It may be a tad more expensive but worth it.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2009, 10:55:24 AM »
the latest Bluesquare response.

Dear Stuart,

Many thanks for your email regarding accessing our site.

I appreciate that this is frustrating and we are very sorry for any
inconvenience caused, but can assure you that we are working with AOL and Talk
Talk, in getting this issue resolved. However as the problem is at AOL"s side,
we are unable to provide a time scale as to when it is likely to be solved. Once
again, many apologies.

Moving forward, should you require any assistance now or in the future then
please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks for choosing Blue Square,

Kind regards,

Darrell
Customer Services Team
Blue Square

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2009, 21:42:33 PM »

I have good old BT all i can say is that we sometimes have up to 4 computers online while im playing (my daughters on bloody faceboo)and never have any probs wiyh any site.It may be a tad more expensive but worth it.

I also have BT broadband wireless, 3 laptops and an xbox running off the same router, as you say mo money but mo connection.
(He says touching the top of his head!!!!)

:)
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 20:18:52 PM »
I"ve had enough of Talktalk and have cancelled their contract as their service has been unfit for purpose. As a parting gift, one of their delightful customer service (in name only) staff tried to claim that if I cancelled, I would be liable for a £70 disconnection fee. I didn"t actually use the word "********" but after raised voices on both sides, I slammed the phone down, went away to check the terms and conditions and called back. The second call, during which I was speaking to someone who was aware which day of the week it was, was much more amenable and indeed we agreed that I was not liable for any fees.
  When I spoke to BT about transferring both phone and Broadband, they handled the call as well as I could have expected.
  Let"s hope I can participate in the next national.

reenot

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009, 19:55:54 PM »
I am with talktalk and have hed prblems for the last two weeks. Could"nt get on this morning, but been on since 5pm this evening. So fingers crossed I can stay connected for the APAT sat!