Author Topic: GUKPT - London  (Read 5445 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
GUKPT - London
« on: March 16, 2009, 14:59:11 PM »
... I am pondering a go at the £300+30 freezeout.

Capped at 150 runners - 45 min clock.

Starts on Thursday at 8pm ... play to c4am ... and then resume at 2pm on Friday.

Any advice from those who have played GUKPT events before?

Louis
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 14:29:57 PM by Paulie_D »

bigredders

• Gold Member
Re: GUKPT - London - Starts Thursday
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 16:42:36 PM »
reg as soon as you can this will sell out pronto!

will be a hot field i would imagine

good luck!

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 18:05:41 PM »
... strangely enough there are only 38 tickets sold so far ...

But I agree it will sell out ...

Not sure whether there are sats to this with further seats reserved??

L

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 19:12:25 PM »
it will sell out closer to the event when the big boys know what they are doing. i definately wouldnt leave it to the day of the event

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 09:13:33 AM »
... there is an alternative to play the £200 +20 freezeout at the Loose Cannon on Thursday night ... one night event ... not sure how many runners I would guess a lot less ... not sure what I think about that.

Looking at last year"s result positions 10-18th only for £370 back for their troubles ... very tough field ... not sure my brain is up to it at the moment ... might route winnings into online stuff.

(Try to qual for main event??)

L

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 12:58:04 PM »
Sadly busted out of the main event on day 1a yesterday. Won"t bore you with the bad beat story (abridged version is KK vs. QTo). Couldn"t catch a cold all day.

Playing the 100 scalp on Sunday.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: GUKPT - London
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 17:45:19 PM »
Stupid stupid stupid!

Slightly above-average chips in Level 8 out of 9 on Day 1B of ME, with no reason not to cruise into Day 2. 90-odd left out of 238 starters. Instead made probably the biggest blunder I have made at a poker table, re-reraising all-in with AK against a guy who clearly had a monster. Such a bad play - he was the easiest player ever to read, getting ants in his pants any time he got a big hand. He could hardly sit in his seat and I had to ask him to stop moving his chips around so I could see what he had (not that I took his chips into account!). Secondly, there was no need to take the risk at that stage. Thirdly, I would rarely get all-in PF with AK anyway in any game (apart from the usual caveats about stack sizes, stage of tournament, position, etc), never mind against someone who is so obviously already ahead. He had KK, which left him on 50k+ and me on 2k.

Out early in Level 9. So unnecessary.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 19:04:15 PM »

Stupid stupid stupid!

Slightly above-average chips in Level 8 out of 9 on Day 1B of ME, with no reason not to cruise into Day 2. 90-odd left out of 238 starters. Instead made probably the biggest blunder I have made at a poker table, re-reraising all-in with AK against a guy who clearly had a monster. Such a bad play - he was the easiest player ever to read, getting ants in his pants any time he got a big hand. He could hardly sit in his seat and I had to ask him to stop moving his chips around so I could see what he had (not that I took his chips into account!). Secondly, there was no need to take the risk at that stage. Thirdly, I would rarely get all-in PF with AK anyway in any game (apart from the usual caveats about stack sizes, stage of tournament, position, etc), never mind against someone who is so obviously already ahead. He had KK, which left him on 50k+ and me on 2k.

Sounds like a cooler to me
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

Pears27

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 11:18:58 AM »
Had a good end to the weekend having (just about) cashed in the £100 bounty - 11th from 114 for £110 plus £100 in scalps. Not staggering, but my first major tour cash, a place on the world player database etc.

Also took a four-way chop from 51 runners in a £100 f/o at the Equal Chance club (a new venue for me) on Friday night  for £700.

All good fun, and not a bad return for a mostly recreational player like me. Now back to the humdrum of my everyday working life... :(

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 11:52:06 AM »

Stupid stupid stupid!

Unlucky John. Can"t believe KK held up...never does for me!!