Author Topic: kk on jack high board...  (Read 2868 times)

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
kk on jack high board...
« on: February 08, 2009, 02:40:20 AM »
ok this hand happened to me earlier today, during the apat event in Walsall, near the end of level 1.

there was a raise from second or third position, and then a flat call. Everyone else folds to my SB and i find  kc ks. so i re-raise from 200 to 800. the origanl raiser folds and the other guy calls.

The flop come j 8 2 with two diamonds, i bet about 3/4 of the pot for value. he calls and the turn brings a 3rd diamond. i now feel that my opponent has somthing pretty good, but with two black kings i dont really like the turn. I have to bet so i bet about 1/2 pot.

he actually puts me all in which i dont like at all. i felt like he wasnt bluffing me but wasnt quite sure if he knew how good my hand was.For example i asked him if he would be crazy enough to be doing this with AJ. i didnt think he would have bet sooo big with a made flush because he would be losing value. it felt like he was protecting his hand against the flush draw incase i held the  ad

so the only hand he could of had was a set of 8s or set of jacks. i decide to fold because i still had 10,000 left and it was only first level. when i told him i had kk it he looked surprised which led me to think i mad a bad laydown.....

what do any of you think? am i a nit or what.....

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: kk on jack high board...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 16:34:43 PM »
good fold.
If he stuck them in first level on a draw on a paired board with a card to come (or was bluffing) then good luck to him; you will find better spots and get all his chips later (if someone else doesn"t first)

If he had you beat (most likely) then you made a good laydown and his look of surprise was him hiding the disappointment of not stacking you.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 20:55:16 PM »
tough to fold but i"d have folded the kings

what was the villains chip stack - i ask as if the guy was on a flush draw,  his call post flop was a wrong move but if he was really deep stacked i could understand it

you havent done anything wrong and there would still be time to get chips back

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:50:53 AM »
we were both deepstacked, and considering it was half way through the 1st level i actualy had done ok and built upto about 16,000. he had me covered by a small ammount.

i lost about 6,000 on that one hand, so it brough me right back down to evan. i guess i done the right fold, considering the nature of the tourney