Author Topic: Make mine a double fergie !  (Read 26053 times)

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
Re: Make mine a double fergie !
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2009, 17:58:27 PM »
BRING IT ON YOU SCOUSERS!!!!!! UNITED FTMFW OBV!!!!
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2009, 01:00:59 AM »

BRING IT ON YOU SCOUSERS!!!!!! UNITED FTMFW OBV!!!!

I"ve been waiting to post on this thread since about 6 o"clock.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP IT.   ;D

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2009, 18:13:21 PM »
game on indeed...in the last 10 years have never seen u lot soo nervous, and going into the run-in looking so out of sorts

game on....spurs, arsenal, city (derbies are never easy) all at home maybe, but not easy.....see what happens.

+ fa semi, and euro semi"s ( u"ll breeze past porto - wont u!?)

to the wire...
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2009, 10:22:16 AM »
You ll never walk alone !

Remeber the 96 next week ,

and any self respected football fan should never buy th sun .

And as for the league equal on points and goal difference goin i nto last game ftw

Lfc v Mufc in Rome !

How good would that be !

UKChamp

• Silver Member
  • Yesterdays hero
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2009, 17:11:38 PM »
best defence? not sure thats actually correct but even if you were, you should be, you have 10 behind the ball 24/7. Everton play more attacking football than your boys, I really couldnt pay to watch that every week. And as for the Gerrard jibe, he may have missed 17% but your net point haul without him is much much lower than with him and certainly not league winners form. Baffles me how you can deny your a one man team (and no i dont include Torres - very overrated in my mind - hes bound to score goals when hes the lone attacker).

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2009, 18:36:40 PM »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 18:48:48 PM by kinboshi »
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

UKChamp

• Silver Member
  • Yesterdays hero
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2009, 20:22:16 PM »
My point is if you substitute torres for an average player (Agbonlahor, Cole, Bent) you would still get a lot of goals from them as they are the focal point of the team - i dont think hes set the world on fire by any means, espeically this season. Id take a whole bunch of players over him 24/7.

And depsite a freakish run of games Liverpool are a defensive team and you would be hard pushed to find a neutral who would argue. They play one striker and two sitting midfielders in a five man midfield. Kuyt has gone from being a competitor for the golden boot to a robbie savage runaround on the flank, more bothered by picking up the fullback than scoring.

Mark my words they will win nothing.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2009, 20:55:08 PM »

My point is if you substitute torres for an average player (Agbonlahor, Cole, Bent) you would still get a lot of goals from them as they are the focal point of the team - i dont think hes set the world on fire by any means, espeically this season. Id take a whole bunch of players over him 24/7.

And depsite a freakish run of games Liverpool are a defensive team and you would be hard pushed to find a neutral who would argue. They play one striker and two sitting midfielders in a five man midfield. Kuyt has gone from being a competitor for the golden boot to a robbie savage runaround on the flank, more bothered by picking up the fullback than scoring.

we play as a counter attacking team, big difference than being defensive...and yet i hasten to add, we are still top scoreers in the league this year and we also top scorers last season too..whilst still maintaining our keeper got the golden gloves for the 4th year running.

i"ll leave the torres comments alone.   :o
Carpe Diem

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2009, 20:58:03 PM »

You ll never walk alone !

Remeber the 96 next week ,

and any self respected football fan should never buy th sun .

And as for the league equal on points and goal difference goin i nto last game ftw

Lfc v Mufc in Rome !

How good would that be !

YNWA indeed..and totally agree with you on the scum....i don"t even watch soccer am anymore as i caught the advert and saw who now sponsers the show...enough for me.

I"m come up to liverpool on the 15th, as i feel i should be there for the 20th anniversary.  Can"t believe its 20years already.  I rememeber it all too well.

mancs va us in rome....Nooooooo...canm"t think of anything worse....lots of trouble..never good for the english game...bring back the bad ole days...best avoided.
Carpe Diem

UKChamp

• Silver Member
  • Yesterdays hero
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2009, 21:16:59 PM »

we play as a counter attacking team, big difference than being defensive...and yet i hasten to add, we are still top scoreers in the league this year and we also top scorers last season too..whilst still maintaining our keeper got the golden gloves for the 4th year running.

The freakish run of the last 3 games heavily skews this years stats and Utd have a game in hand - so no team is a runaway scorer - Also Chelsea have conceeded fewer.

2007/08 - Untd and Chelsea conceeded fewer than you - you scored fewer than Villa, Arsenal and Utd - wth Chelsea and Spurs v close

2006/07 - Chelsea conceeded fewer, Utd conceeded same - top 3 all scored more and spurs equal

2005/06 - Chelsea conceeded fewer and again same three teams scored more

2004/05 - 4 teams conceeded fewer, one equal. 4 scored more and one equal

Nice to see your facts stack up LOL.

Those stats just show me you arent and wont be title challengers by the end of the year

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2009, 21:53:41 PM »

acknowledged i got the 0708 wrong, my apologies.

lets see what happens..judging by tonights game. the mancs look tired, nervous still, so the run in will be interesting.
Carpe Diem

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2009, 01:29:15 AM »
Guys I am a Liverpool supporter but please make sure this thread does not desend into a farce...

keep the comments comical and it will be ok

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2009, 13:21:56 PM »

The freakish run of the last 3 games heavily skews this years stats and Utd have a game in hand - so no team is a runaway scorer - Also Chelsea have conceeded fewer.

2007/08 - Untd and Chelsea conceeded fewer than you - you scored fewer than Villa, Arsenal and Utd - wth Chelsea and Spurs v close

2006/07 - Chelsea conceeded fewer, Utd conceeded same - top 3 all scored more and spurs equal

2005/06 - Chelsea conceeded fewer and again same three teams scored more

2004/05 - 4 teams conceeded fewer, one equal. 4 scored more and one equal

Those stats just show me you arent and wont be title challengers by the end of the year

No one is a title challenger at the end of the year - at the end of the year you have a title winner.  There are just over half a dozen games remaining, and Liverpool are very much title contenders.  Will we win it - the odds are in man u"s favour as they have the squad, the players to make a difference, and most importantly the point advantage with a game in hand.  But both Liverpool and Chelsea CAN catch them.  But they both have to win their remaining games and hope that man u drop points.

Why do you want to dismiss the "freakish run" from the stats?  Are you removing any other "freakish" results from the stats of Liverpool or the other sides?  No, why not?  The reason is that it"s a league, and the points and the goal difference is an accumulation of all the results from the season - including the freakish result when Spurs beat us.

You say you don"t watch Liverpool play, and then try and tell us how Liverpool approach games and how they play.  Have a look at our stats for attempts on goals in games.  Have a look at the number of clean sheets we"ve had.  Have a look at the points we have, the goal difference, and then try and align those FACTS with your assertion that we"re a one man team made up of three players.

Are man u a one-man team who can"t perform without Ronaldo?  What about Barca, without Messi are they nothing?  What about Chelsea without Lampard?  It would be ludicrous to suggest that they"re one man teams, but they certainly suffer when their star players are missing.  Do Liverpool miss Gerrard if he"s absent?  Of course they do, he"s the best midfield player in the world (imo) - any top side would have him in the team.

You"ve gone back to previous seasons with your stats.  During those seasons we weren"t challenging for the title.  Rafa has been building a side and a squad that"s capable of challenging for the title.  I thought this year would be one too early, but I was wrong.   We are up there, and we are challenging.  Whether we win or not is irrelevant in terms of whether or not we"re a title-challenging side.

Anyway, that"s my final word on the matter as I doubt you"re interested in the opinions of someone who actually watches every Liverpool game and studies the side in detail.  Instead, I"m going to focus on tonight"s match and hopefully a nice win with a clean sheet for Liverpool.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2009, 13:49:22 PM »
If United carry on playing like last night, the only silverware we will be winning this season is those already in the trophy cabinet.

I"m glad we were drawn against Porto, because any other side left would have finished the tie off against us, the way we played.  It"s easy to say we have had to chop and change the team over the past month due to injuries and suspensions, but we should have enough quality to compete in these sorts of games.

After each of the last four games, Liverpool, Fulham, Villa and Porto, I"m saying that will be the wake up call and we will push on to win the lot.

Never an easy task, but we seem to enjoy making it a lot harder for ourselves.

Whatever happens, the next eight weeks or so should be amazing stuff to watch, that"s if I haven"t thrown something at the TV before then.   ;D

UKChamp

• Silver Member
  • Yesterdays hero
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2009, 14:16:31 PM »
Your too easy to wind up Dan!

There is nothing wrong with Liverpool being a higher class Bolton, I just begrudge people protesting otherwise :)

The whole argument is moot until the end of the year, when I look forward to serving up a giant helping of I TOLD U SO and having a good taste of your humble pie.

Of course as a spurs fan I need not worry about such things, but I do very much look forward to the last game of the season!