Author Topic: something to read if interested  (Read 2341 times)

noble1

• Platinum Member
something to read if interested
« on: April 06, 2009, 18:08:12 PM »
Are these articles anything to do with strategy? They are if you consider the thought process behind your own actions and that of others to be important..
After reading these articles my game improved as i found it well written and thought provoking , here are the links and have a good think.........

regards
noble

http://www.bluffmagazine.com/magazine/You%2Dare%2Dbad%2Dat%2Dpoker%2E%2E%2E%2DYes%2C%2DYou%2DPhil%2DGalfond-1133.htm

http://www.bluffmagazine.com/magazine/You%2Dare%2DBAD%2Dat%2DPoker%2DPhil%2DGalfond-735.htm

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: something to read if interested
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 14:12:11 PM »
... good articles ... I think the main thing to do is keep thinking ... if the whole game has become robotic what is the point ... unless you are absolutely minting it in on auto pilot.

I was looking at a hand I played on April 13th last year earlier today ... it linked in with a hand that I played last night ... where I had the chance to call with what would likely be the best hand but would very likely be against a flush draw (with potential overcards) ... the pot odds make the call easy but within a tournament a tricky decision. (17500 to win 30000 more chips)

I lost the hand (over pair versus flush draw) and came 12th (in the money) of 18 paid for $240 ... had I won I went 3rd ... on target for ... $2,380 ... and a (big) chance for the $6,000 first prize.

Had I folded I would remain 10th of 12 ... and could wait for a later spot ... blinds were 500/1000 (100) ... but the (perceived) value has gone ...

Do you just have to take this as an unlucky loss ... or should you just duck out and wait ... I alternate my view on this ... folding smells like limping to the minor prizes - though sometimes that limp can turn into a sprint at the end. I have seen lots of chip leaders give their chips away "trying" to be very aggressive and bully (patient) people.

Looking forward to another MTT ... post my visit to the Dentist!

Louis