Author Topic: what do u do?  (Read 2788 times)

THEGUY84

• Silver Member
    • http://theguy84.blogspot.com/
what do u do?
« on: April 16, 2009, 22:08:28 PM »
I play a lot of 6 max cash games online and often you seem to have a re raise fest with  qh qs or js jh. I know sometime well in my mind you think your beat! As in so many times you can be up against  kh kd or  ah :as: but I guess  they could maybe have th ts or   ad1 kh pre flop.

So what do u do? Put all your stackin in the middle and fingers crossed, or can u really fold?

I would say I have been know to do both especially to lay down  jh js but maybe this is too tight.

Whats your thoughts???
FNP,

Though I would give this blogging a shot!!
http://theguy84.blogspot.com/

smileriraq

• Silver Member
Re: what do u do?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 22:45:51 PM »
depends on how they have played in previous hands if they are loose then id take my chances, JJ ive laid down before QQ not so much but have done it

ideally tho id try and call the raise just to see the flop if ive got position

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 01:55:51 AM »
if the pot starts getting big i will call it off to see a flop, if they have got ak and you see an a or k come on the flop whilst sitting with QQ, you can get away from it. But when i flat it, i am thinking what range do they have and what will i do if the flop is favourable/ unfavourable.

position is important but for me controlling the pot size is too.

obviously if the board comes all cards lower than q, then hold on to your seat you might be going for a ride :)

APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 09:28:51 AM »
Really this is all down to your read on your opponent, and making the correct decision for your read. Last night on a 6 max cash table I called a 4 x bb raise with K Q, to see a 6 k 7 flop. And was put all in. I made what many would think an iffy call, purely on my read of that opponent ( I had been playing him for about 40 mins). He tabled pocket 9s. So I was right, the fact that he then hit runner runner for his straight is neither he nor there!! :"(
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 10:17:21 AM »
Use PokerTracker and if your stats show that a player rarely raises preflop, and 3bets preflop even more rarely, then you can safely assume that if he takes a stand against you, your JJ and probably QQ is beat.  Conversely, if a player who raises preflop every time he enters a hand, and plays a high percentage of hands, I"m more than happy to get my stack in with JJ (and worse)

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 13:38:24 PM »
depends on position, stats, player reads and history. If you are playing 6max then you need to play with reads on players.

sometimes it will be correct to fold Js, sometimes correct to flat a 3bet and sometimes correct to 4bet or jam - answer is, it depends.

and people definitely 3bet alot lighter than 10s+, obviously also depends what levels you play.
Looking forward to making my first day 2