Author Topic: euro cup semi-final ??  (Read 3118 times)

noble1

• Platinum Member
euro cup semi-final ??
« on: May 05, 2009, 20:39:36 PM »
do the arsenal players know this is a big game?,,, do they know they are behind? there is a blinking big score board with the score on right? so why the lethargic performance.. i hope arsene wenger gives them some inspiring words at 1/2 time and makes the 2nd half at least remotely interesting...somehow i think it wont happen though...meh i"d rather endure songs of praise than this dire drivel...

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: euro cup semi-final ??
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 20:43:21 PM »
they playedd crap against liverpool, produced 4 only attempts on goal, and came away with a 4-4 draw. Tonight I think they are actually playing worse than the liverpool game. Manure will run away with this.

5-0 aggregate......

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 20:56:24 PM »
i"m gonna mute the sound lol lol especially after the daft commentator says ""on alex fergusons cv tactical knowledge would not be at the top of the list"" ahhhhhhhhhhhh clueless commentary as well  lmao

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 21:46:14 PM »
can we re open the "make mine a double fergie" thread? :D
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 07:16:19 AM »
I was playing Poker - so i missed the first 15 minutes - and then didnt bother to watch!!

this is the 2nd time in a week that arsenal havent turned up - where is the fighting spirit - this would never have happened if we had more passion and fight! Instead we have a bunch of tossers who dont really care about arsenal FC!!

But as an arsenal fan - the best team won (and they are by and away the best team in England) and arsenal have done themselves no favours what so ever - Time for Mr Wenger to Buy - or say Bye!!

Barca FTW with TH scoring a hatrick!!!!
Lifes tough, its even tougher when your stupid

North London Poker Club

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 10:13:14 AM »
hmmm i would not get rid of wenger - the bloke is a superb coach... i think experience was the telling factor on the night..
But if moyes was ever to leave everton and wenger was available i"d have him in a heart beat..Give the bloke some credit for spotting talent and i"d luv to know what it is he does coaching wise to produce what is sometimes breath taking football
[one of very few teams other than everton that i"d pay to watch]

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 17:03:15 PM »
Don"t get me Wrong - I love AW and think that he has not only revolutionised football at my Club - but just the whole Club in general has come along way with him at the Helm!

I agree with what you say about his coaching style - but what annoys me is that he still talks about the young side etc etc, - Almunia - 100+ games - Sangna 100+ games (international) Toure - 200+ games (int) Djourou (international), Walcott (international) - Fabregas 200+ Games (international - European Championship Winner) Nasri - International - Van Persie - 200+ games (international) - Adebayor - (international Captain - African Player of the year)

They maybe Young in age - but all this BS about experience annoys me - they played Manchester Utd Before haven"t they - is that not experience!! most have played 2legged knock out games - is that not experience!!!

Any club in the world would have AW in charge - but isn"t 4 years saying that we are a young team - etc etc - it gets a bit boring - esp when he is talking about the same players now he was two/three/four years Ago!!!

As is the line of the moment.... always next year.... provided that we keep all of the above - who may start to be come disillusioned - Fabregas could easily leave this summer and i can certainly see Adebayor and possibly Van persie going as well!!!

North London Poker Club

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 17:47:44 PM »
yep sry i meant european big game experience - gibbs and walcott stuck out a tad and i"m not going with the almunia debate , if the media had its way cech,van de sar,Reina,almunia would all be gone at some stage this season but name a keeper who doesn"t make mistakes? ..wenger though is still one of the best operators in the transfer market, and still one of the few managers that can build and develop a team to compete at the top level, and on a limited budget compared to chelski and utd..although imo moyes is not far behind in that department.
If i were a arsenal fan i"d be concerned that this particular ""get wenger out"" bandwagon should stop rolling now , no one leaps out to me who will produce like he has...and wenger no doubt will develop a gr8 side again even against the financial might/odds of you know who...he is not far off now imo....

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 18:01:52 PM »

yep sry i meant european big game experience - gibbs and walcott stuck out a tad and i"m not going with the almunia debate , if the media had its way cech,van de sar,Reina,almunia would all be gone at some stage this season but name a keeper who doesn"t make mistakes? ..wenger though is still one of the best operators in the transfer market, and still one of the few managers that can build and develop a team to compete at the top level, and on a limited budget compared to chelski and utd..although imo moyes is not far behind in that department.
If i were a arsenal fan i"d be concerned that this particular ""get wenger out"" bandwagon should stop rolling now , no one leaps out to me who will produce like he has...and wenger no doubt will develop a gr8 side again even against the financial might/odds of you know who...he is not far off now imo....

I am personally not on this Particular Band waggon - although i mentioned it earlier -

The money is there - we are one of the most financially secure clubs in world football - read any article from anyone on the board over the past few years!!! AW just wont bankrupt the club paying silly money! it just gets frustrating - always waiting to see a team develop - although he has been great in the transfer Dept - people don"t tend to remember too many of the Big Money Flops that he signed - Reyes, wiltord come to mind - and that he also paid allot of money for players like Pires, Henry and Hleb!

Hopefully - he will keep this side together for a few years (plus we will have Arshavin eligible next season) - with the exception being adebayor - who IMO should have been sold last year!!

by the way - i think that DM is the 2nd best Manager in England behind AW - esp doing what he has done with making Everton a solid side on Ltd resources and a small squad!

North London Poker Club

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 18:12:35 PM »
by the way - i think that DM is the 2nd best Manager in England behind AW - esp doing what he has done with making Everton a solid side on Ltd resources and a small squad!

i think benitez + Sir Alex Ferguson should get a mention , they"re not to shabby.. ;D

rubertoe

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 18:15:55 PM »
If you had unlimited financial recources and two of the most debted clubs in the world then i suppose - although until Rafa the gaffa wins the premier league - he cant be a great!

I"m not Bitter!

I like Cider!

North London Poker Club

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 18:28:37 PM »
i mention 2 teams - valencia+aberdeen

rubertoe

• Gold Member