Author Topic: pointless slow roll?  (Read 4163 times)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
pointless slow roll?
« on: May 11, 2009, 23:13:28 PM »
 Situation in our pub poker game tonight, 4 handed and utg goes all in, player two folds, player three (sb) calls and the bb folds, we then enter a long debate about how much should be in the pot. If the sb wins its irrelevant as they take the whole pot. An argument goes on about the size of the pot for over 5 minutes and i could see the sb itching to show her fella her hand. I said they should just show their hands and work it out afterwards, after another few minutes  it turns out the pot was right and they show their hands, sb shows aces. Would this annoy anyone else as it seems like a slow roll to me? also they wasted 4/5ths of a full blind level which for a player not involved in the hand irritated me as they arent long and go up very fast anyways, About a month ago, i shoved on the same person (T6o) and they called, i flipped my hand and they looked back at their cards before saying ive got two cards bigger than that and slowly turns them over whilst saying and they are both the same. i realise i may be being petty but i just find it kinda annoying, cheers for any feedback, Chris

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: pointless slow roll?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 23:28:16 PM »
Its pub poker. Give the rollers their day in the sun. Just make sure you remind them about courtesy when you suck out on them though. You dont want to appear to be a poor loser
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 06:16:10 AM »
pub players just dont know etiquette, i got slo-rolled by my own mother a while back. Shoving to her raise she takes about 10 minutes to call the extra 200 i insta flip 88 she slowy turns 1 card over a 9 then smug grin ensues and reveals second 9, flop j88 i say serves ur right slow rolling mofo.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 12:19:31 PM »

Situation in our pub poker game tonight...

Which is why I drink in pubs, and play poker in poker rooms.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 17:02:39 PM »
don"t think it is really a slowroll, just waiting to sort out the pot before stickking them on their back.

i did get slowrolled in the virgin fest though, when some n00b took ages to call, asking for my stack size etc and then revealed AA eventually - he was acting last so no excuse.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 17:15:55 PM »
OK and on the other thing would it annoy you that a four handed pot where the big blind has 1200 in, sb has 600, and utg goes all in for 1600 would take between 6 and 10 mins to sort out? blinds only last ten mins. Just annoyed me cos i said at the start turn the cards over and sort the pot out afterwards if utg wins which had they done it would have taken under a minute to sort out as the shorty got busted. If i had aces id still flip my cards straight away regardless of sorting the pot out, as soon as the bb folds my cards would be on their backs. If they had only just started playing poker id undestand but theyve been playing for a few years. A couple of games ago the same person called an all in, the other person showed their hand and she ran to another room in the pub to grab her fella to show him the 2 all ins had the same hand when she got back and flipped her hand up wtf?

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 18:52:41 PM »
but its pub poker. trust me i used  to put up with worse than that when i first started playing 3 years ago.

.....i have nearly got puched for giving a bad beat, i have had to put up with collision between families, chip stealing scum bags on the breaks, 20 minutes breaks for people to have a fag. ummm what else, im sure theres more, and that was all in the wrexham area. Ruff as F**k
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 18:54:46 PM by WYoung83 »

nyerun

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 19:38:11 PM »

but its pub poker. trust me i used  to put up with worse than that when i first started playing 3 years ago.

.....i have nearly got puched for giving a bad beat, i have had to put up with collision between families, chip stealing scum bags on the breaks, 20 minutes breaks for people to have a fag. ummm what else, im sure theres more, and that was all in the wrexham area. Ruff as F**k

Ahh home!!!!!! Where was this in Wrexham Will, ive probably played there!
Silver Medal- Online National League 2009 (Manchester)

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 23:57:40 PM »

never drink in poker rooms?
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

TopPair2Pair

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 08:19:57 AM »

i got slo-rolled by my own mother a while back. Shoving to her raise she takes about 10 minutes to call the extra 200 i insta flip 88 she slowy turns 1 card over a 9 then smug grin ensues and reveals second 9, flop j88 i say serves ur right slow rolling mofo.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

sorry. just cant emphasize the lol very well.
Toppietwo - "Just like it says on the tin"

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »

never drink in poker rooms?

It"s not normally a good idea.  A few drinks is fine, but it"s not advisable to have too many if you"re playing cash. 

I know.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 18:30:02 PM »
hey nyerun.

i used to play every week at the Black lion in Kefn Maur....i played there for about 2 years but havent been for ages now.....it got to the point when i was to scared to call someones raise with suited connectors just incase i cracked aces or somthing....lol. Not worth it if theres no fun in it.

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 09:19:17 AM »
i carry a baseball bat just for this type of for slow roll situations.... seems to do the job  ;D
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

treydj

• Silver Member
  • flop, turn, river,cry,bed
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 10:20:45 AM »
as far as i remember - the black is one of cefn"s finer pubs.

Croeso i cymru
Scottish APAT Champion 2008
APAT Pro-Am 2008 - Bronze
APAT North European Online 2010 - Silver
APAT UK Online Championship 2011 - Bronze