Author Topic: What do you do ?  (Read 12361 times)

noble1

• Platinum Member
Re: What do you do ?
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 20:39:45 PM »

9 player table - blinds 50/100  the opponents are all a reasonable std

stack sizes pre-flop - utg 1950 - mp 1900 - cut off 2700 - button 2800

utg raises to 250 with KJo
mp calls
cut off calls
button calls

Flop ** [  jc 9d ts, , ] pot size - 1150

thoughts on how would you proceed here? i"ll post what happens next after a few replies...

HOW THE ACTION WENT -
ok utg decided to lead for 500 and only got called by mp....what do we put mp on now? before i reveal turn card..

the turn card was a  ks

i played this  ;D my reasoning for raising utg is meh why not? i had been quiet up to now so my opponents had no reason to read me as being weak here hence just the calls.The two villains in the cut off and button position were quite aggressive in those positions and had been 3betting pre liberally..I sized my opening bet so that if they tried it on with me i would 4bet all in,i"m not a fan of playing oop but even if just called i"m comfortable post flop oop if i have a good idea of how my opponents play there hands..
When they all called that pretty much discounted JJ TT from all except mp..the c/o and btt would of rr these most of the time..there was a slim chance that mp would smooth these hoping for c/o+btt to 3bet again..
I sized my flop bet so that it looked like i was putting in a significant amount compared to my stack size to suggest i was committed to my hand..but my other motive to lead here was that i knew mp played his draws fast based on previous notes,the other two i surmised based on there aggression up to now would rr sets/2 pairs and draws based on this texture flop and pot size..Also there was a good possibility that i"m ahead anyway..
So when i just got the 1 caller this discounted a lot of his range especially with 2 to act behind him..All that was left based on my logic was KQ [12 combos] and AJ [8 combos] and a pot size of 1650,the turn card put me ahead of AJ and with 1200 left behind i figured this ok to go all in also my thinking was that if he had smoothed a set etc then i expect these to fold some of the time .. he called my all in with AJ and paid me off with no ace appearing on the river..in hindsight a bad call imo [what do u guys think?]

other thoughts that ran through my mind was that some of these hands would rr pre and also i thought villain in mp would not likely smooth a raise with KQ to a utg raise pre-flop which led me to my all in on turn..
I considered maybe trying to milk this as my hunch was i was ahead but in the end favoured the all in [i gave him around a 25% chance of having a set or 2 pair and considered it 50/50 that he"d call my all in turn bet,hence the option to push turn was taken]..

anyhows thx for the replies , please rip apart my play if you wish  :) i thought it was a interesting hand .....even if we play it from the villains positions/perspective - or even just from a maths point of view....
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 20:49:28 PM by noble1 »

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 22:52:46 PM »
It was an interesting hand....

I think you got lucky on the turn. It put you ahead of the range of the MP caller (I think). You could have been beaten on the turn but you were too far gone now to back out.

I"m at a loss as to what the oppo could have put you on though?
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 02:41:37 AM »
yep thx rob,when i reviewed it i was trying to get a feel for his thought process for the call..when i posted the result i hoped someone might have a different angle of thought..meh i don"t know..he is a decent player as well..all i can think of is that he somehow put me on a bluff with a small pair 66 77 maybe? or total air/same hand? hence the call with AJ pre ..I went back through histories where he had be seated at the same table as me in the past but could not find any showdown hands that would explain it either..Tilt seems unlikely,wasn"t a mis-click as he tanked his time bank out before he called..I"ll probably have to put it down as ?? i dunno lol lol

as played at least armn and jon agreed that getting the chips in was the best line,dunno if that is good or not lol lol only kidding guys..  :)

ty ty for feedback.............

edit -

It was an interesting hand....

I think you got lucky on the turn. It put you ahead of the range of the MP caller (I think). You could have been beaten on the turn but you were too far gone now to back out.

I"m at a loss as to what the oppo could have put you on though?

yep my plan was if i was rr i"d fold with enough back [1200] to survive the blinds and at least have 1 more shot of pushing any 2...the plus for me was that this was a rainbow flop and the odds that someone had KQ were longer now with me holding a king.... some met puke up that i planned to bet fold this if rr on the flop but i"m happy with a short stack.. :) and anyhows i didnt read these characters to slow play a strong hand on this co-ordinated flop so i felt the lead had more positives than negatives...the turn was good for me but i planned to shove the rest in anyhows any card expecting that a hand like AJ would fold,,,apparently not with this guy..could this be his thought process ??
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 03:18:57 AM by noble1 »

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 09:20:21 AM »
surely if the villain was going to play he should have pushed rather than called, was his own fault he got outdrawn really. I put him on a hand like qj as i thought he was calling as he didnt know where he was and hoping to hit his straight on the turn (which he would have done)

interesting hand, always tricky kind of flops to play