Author Topic: European Amateur Poker Festival - November 2009  (Read 108507 times)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Re: European Amateur Poker Festival - November 2009
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2009, 13:12:24 PM »

I have no objection - Without wishing to pass the buck I think it"s a management decision. My only issue is that the Irish team has a valued member in Colin and I would not wish to lose him.

I don"t suppose this would be an issue if we weren"t defending champions  ;D

This does create an added complexity.  APAT wouldn"t want to break up the Championship winning team, without the agreement of each member of that team.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2009, 13:23:31 PM »
One thing to add is that there is definately more than enuff players to make up 2 teams.  The Belfast teams alone has 20+ players reg"d for it who get together and play on a regular basis and also discuss the game with each other.  There is already a team spirit...now just need a team!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2009, 19:31:33 PM »

Well, seeing as how its easier to understand what the Hungarian team are saying, it might be best for Northern Ireland to have their own team, so at least they could understand each other.

I look forward to seeing you proudly wearing your silver medals.

Why - are you going for bronze this year?  ;D

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2009, 20:04:12 PM »

Well, seeing as how its easier to understand what the Hungarian team are saying, it might be best for Northern Ireland to have their own team, so at least they could understand each other.

Yeah Stuart, I reckon England is nailed on for the gold this year - lol.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2009, 20:06:50 PM »

the Irish team has a valued member in Colin and I would not wish to lose him.

+1
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2009, 20:10:25 PM »

[/b]

Have you thought about a career in stand up comedy?

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2009, 22:48:19 PM »

[/b]

Have you thought about a career in stand up comedy?

;D ;D ;D

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: August 18, 2009, 09:16:06 AM »

QFT

Never a truer word than one spoken in jest.

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2009, 09:22:45 AM »
bn a fair bit of interest in this from the ppl ive spoken to about it!!  a team cud easily b gathered!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

beansisdaman

• Bronze Member
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2009, 19:53:38 PM »
I think it is a fantastic response shown here on this thread both by people who back the idea, and by the APAT themselves for making things possible regarding a Northern Ireland team entry. I also would especially like to acknowledge leigh"s response, as it lends a bit of weight to the cause from someone whose voice is respected within the APAT community, your support may be one of the factors which has lead the APAT to offer this slot to us over here in the north.

I understand the complexity however, of breaking up a championship winning side in the process of setting up this new team but I think that it is a natural evolution that Northern Ireland be deemed worthy of its own team, and obviously with championship pedigree embedded within some of our more famous players, I feel we would have a great platform from which we can prove we are worthy of a separate slot.

However, I propose that a Northern Irish team is not solely dependant on one player and, so as to allow him to defend his title, I feel it is only fair if Colin is considered to be an Irish team member, if that is his wish, to allow him the opportunity to defend his title with the team he won it with last year. I do stress, however, that Northern Ireland have all the key elements, coupled with a hefty amount of desire, to be able to represent itself in these team championships, and we would certainly offer a strong and ambitious outfit for the team championship if offered a place in the lineup.

I thank the captain of the Irish team for agreeing, in principle, to the creation of a second Irish outfit set up here in the north, and I thank the APAT for giving us a chance. As I said, with the growth in NI players, it is a natural thing to want to be able to represent ourselves, and I am sure we will rise to the challenge.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 20:50:50 PM by beansisdaman »

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2009, 21:14:53 PM »

I think it is a fantastic response shown here on this thread both by people who back the idea, and by the APAT themselves for making things possible regarding a Northern Ireland team entry. I also would especially like to acknowledge leigh"s response, as it lends a bit of weight to the cause from someone whose voice is respected within the APAT community, your support may be one of the factors which has lead the APAT to offer this slot to us over here in the north.

I understand the complexity however, of breaking up a championship winning side in the process of setting up this new team but I think that it is a natural evolution that Northern Ireland be deemed worthy of its own team, and obviously with championship pedigree embedded within some of our more famous players, I feel we would have a great platform from which we can prove we are worthy of a separate slot.

However, I propose that a Northern Irish team is not solely dependant on one player and, so as to allow him to defend his title, I feel it is only fair if Colin is considered to be an Irish team member, if that is his wish, to allow him the opportunity to defend his title with the team he won it with last year. I do stress, however, that Northern Ireland have all the key elements, coupled with a hefty amount of desire, to be able to represent itself in these team championships, and we would certainly offer a strong and ambitious outfit for the team championship if offered a place in the lineup.

I thank the captain of the Irish team for agreeing, in principle, to the creation of a second Irish outfit set up here in the north, and I thank the APAT for giving us a chance. As I said, with the growth in NI players, it is a natural thing to want to be able to represent ourselves, and I am sure we will rise to the challenge.

Slow down a bit Rich, APAT are continuing to review this proposed entry and as the edit of your original post confirms, a number of variables need to be considered before a final position is confirmed.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2009, 21:44:59 PM »
You can"t question his enthusiasm though.   ;D

And that bit he said about me being a respected voice, well I don"t know what to say.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2009, 21:54:08 PM »

And that bit he said about me being a respected voice

Damn near spilled my beer - would have spoiled a 32 year run

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2009, 07:57:42 AM »

And that bit he said about me being a respected voice, well I don"t know what to say.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

How about "lol"  :D

beansisdaman

• Bronze Member
« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2009, 15:03:18 PM »

Slow down a bit Rich, APAT are continuing to review this proposed entry and as the edit of your original post confirms, a number of variables need to be considered before a final position is confirmed.

ok cool.