Author Topic: Live Tourny Hand  (Read 7366 times)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Live Tourny Hand
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 15:12:57 PM »
buy in was a tenner and only 24 runners, 120 for first. around 15/16 left at this point.

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 15:15:50 PM »
I was trying to avoid racing as i felt i could get it in better than that but against his range here i would guess there are no hands where im a favourite and prob only two hands im racing with

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 15:26:21 PM »
thinking you can always get it in better than racing in a tournament (esp fast structure etc) is a fallacy imo.

Looking forward to making my first day 2

treydj

• Silver Member
  • flop, turn, river,cry,bed
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 15:37:07 PM »
i would say that you need a clear plan before you make any play with this hand.

if your plan is to raise fold then you are turning aqs in to a bluff - you may as well open with 72o.

perhaps a raise of 800 would be more suitable? a) looks like aces from early position to some players.  b) if he now re-raises it would be in the region of 2400 - 2600. thus allowing you to get away from the hand or see a flop cheaper if you think he is just at it.

imo i dont think you should be opening any pot with you stack size unless you willing to get it in.

cheers

Jas
Scottish APAT Champion 2008
APAT Pro-Am 2008 - Bronze
APAT North European Online 2010 - Silver
APAT UK Online Championship 2011 - Bronze

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 17:18:14 PM »
Ok maybe i phrased my last post wrong, if i think theres a chance im racing for my whole stack then i want to be the one moving my stack in unless i think im crushing some of the hands they are going to reraise me with. The way it played out i was effectively going to have to call off 12 bb"s more when i felt i was crushed. My plan playing the hand is obviously not to raise fold but there was almost no 3 betting from anybody for most of the tournament. The other thing is as ive pointed out i know the player that reraises me would almost definately be flatting with 77-99 or hands like kj through to possibly even ak. Against other players i would probably have to call all in (maybe). If my stack had been another thousand smaller to begin with i would probably move all in first into the pot, i guess maybe in this case it comes down to knowing your player and against an unknown maybe the best thing to do is effectively call all in

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 17:28:20 PM »

The fact i have no Fold Equity change ur opinion mal?

No.
If he showed you JJ would you call?

if you don"t. . . quit now !!

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 17:29:53 PM »

buy in was a tenner and only 24 runners, 120 for first. around 15/16 left at this point.

just seen this. . . . .

F*** it . . . this buy-in/runners. . .i"m all-in.... and probably blind..lol!!