Author Topic: Edinburgh Seats  (Read 3889 times)

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
Edinburgh Seats
« on: July 13, 2009, 22:04:08 PM »
I don"t want to be responsible for wasting anyone"s time but a fairly unique situation has arisen through the failure of some of the payments for this weekend"s Scottish National event.

The following is a summary of a thread posted on another forum;

Last year we had a good few no-shows - 4 at one table if memory serves me right. If someone has paid, chips go on the table and player is blinded away.

If no payment is received, even despite the reminder note about failed payments, then the seat becomes free so it could be that a few more reserves than usual will get in.

So it could pay to get there early this weekend if you really want to play but don"t already have a seat.

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Edinburgh Seats
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 10:48:40 AM »
I am pretty sure I know the answer but can you confirm for clarity and peace of mind?

As a qualifier and therefore not affected by the payments issue, I assume my seat is secure and if I am late due to planes, trains & automobiles that my chips will just be blinded away until I arrive.

@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 10:51:14 AM »

I am pretty sure I know the answer but can you confirm for clarity and peace of mind?

As a qualifier and therefore not affected by the payments issue, I assume my seat is secure and if I am late due to planes, trains & automobiles that my chips will just be blinded away until I arrive.

Correct.  If you qualified on Blue Square, no issues at all.

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 11:01:50 AM »

Correct.  If you qualified on Blue Square, no issues at all.

Thanks
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 12:10:03 PM »
Neil, what happens if someone"s on the list to pay on the day and they are late and arrive after their chips have been removed from play?

They"ll still be enter as alternates won"t they, as it will be as though they were never entered in the first place?  Obviously, if someone plays the tournament and gets knocked out they then can"t re-enter as an alternate.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »

Neil, what happens if someone"s on the list to pay on the day and they are late and arrive after their chips have been removed from play?

They"ll still be enter as alternates won"t they, as it will be as though they were never entered in the first place?  Obviously, if someone plays the tournament and gets knocked out they then can"t re-enter as an alternate.

Yes and Yes.

We"d certainly encourage players to arrive a little earlier than they normally would if they have a payment to make.  

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 14:43:34 PM »

We"d certainly encourage players to arrive a little earlier than they normally would

Due to Ryanair changing their schedule after I had booked, I will be arriving in Edinburgh at 7.55am on Friday. Hope that"s early enough.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

busman

• Bronze Member
    • KAIT
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 15:27:20 PM »

We"d certainly encourage players to arrive a little earlier than they normally would

Due to Ryanair changing their schedule after I had booked, I will be arriving in Edinburgh at 7.55am on Friday. Hope that"s early enough.

with all the  tram works around the city i would suggest a bit earlier if poss....... ;D
Poker is like life, some you win some you loose. but never bluff as sooner or later you will be found out.