Author Topic: things that bug me at the table  (Read 25690 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: things that bug me at the table
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 15:54:35 PM »
People who say "I know I"m behind but I have to call".   If they know they"re behind, WHY CALL??

People who say "I know I"m ahead, but I fold".  Ditto above comment.

People who make outrageously bad calls aiming for a gut shot draw when you"ve just overbet the pot, then when they hit they proceed to give a lecture about how pot odds work and why they had to call cos they were getting such good odds.

People who claim at the end of every hand.. "dammit I woulda had a house there"..... yes matey, but only if you had called your whole stack against that raise and re-raise preflop with your 83o

People who have folded preflop, but then make it obvious that they would have hit the flop just as the post flop action starts.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 16:01:11 PM »
you can correctly call when you are behind
Looking forward to making my first day 2

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 16:09:04 PM »

you can correctly call when you are behind

I meant after the river. Can"t imagine when that could be correct.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 16:11:01 PM »
Self-deal games where people take about 2 minutes to shuffle, shuffle a bit more, shuffle again and then do a bit more shuffling, oblivious to blinds going up, effect on short-stacks and just the general annoyance of delaying the game.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 16:28:45 PM »
muppets who go allin with 77 for 6k  when first position has raised 4bb blinds were 3/6 and has 8k currently 3rd in comp what were they thinking i had
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 16:31:13 PM »
min raise after about 6 callers in the first or second level, whats that all about?

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 16:33:14 PM »

muppets who go allin with 77 for 6k  when first position has raised 4bb blinds were 3/6 and has 8k currently 3rd in comp what were they thinking i had

lol u not over that one yet???

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 18:11:00 PM »

People who say "I know I"m behind but I have to call".   If they know they"re behind, WHY CALL??

People who say "I know I"m ahead, but I fold".  Ditto above comment.

People who make outrageously bad calls aiming for a gut shot draw when you"ve just overbet the pot, then when they hit they proceed to give a lecture about how pot odds work and why they had to call cos they were getting such good odds.

People who claim at the end of every hand.. "dammit I woulda had a house there"..... yes matey, but only if you had called your whole stack against that raise and re-raise preflop with your 83o

People who have folded preflop, but then make it obvious that they would have hit the flop just as the post flop action starts.

Is there a rule regarding this?

It happened to me at the Scottish APAT event where I raised preflop and had 1 caller. The guy to my left folded and then made it obvious he would have hit the flop. I missed the flop and felt that his actions reduced my chance of taking the pot with a c bet. Bloody annoying but don"t think he meant it or wasn"t experienced enough to understand the consequence of his actions.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 18:20:11 PM »
in that case i think you should just point out that such behaviour is not really acceptable.

obviously if he persists and should know better then he should get warned, anything more sinister and maybe a penalty would be in order from the TD but i doubt it would come to that
Looking forward to making my first day 2

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 23:38:40 PM »
Two things that should be banned at the poker table;

1)  Eating  - Sticky cards and greasy chips, not nice.  Also player constantly needs reminding when it is his turn, slows the game down.

2)  Massages - Absolutely gross.  I don"t want to see someones flab re arranged whilst playing poker.

smileriraq

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 00:18:31 AM »
had a situation at the wales poker league venue - now i know the standard isnt great but I use it as practice for my live game (making reads etc) however get AQsuited in BB all bar one limps in , decided to narrow the field and raise 5 X BB (500)  , get reraised (1500) however all the other limpers call - I fold knowing that at best im 50/50 but am probably looking at least at QQ KK or AA

the dealer looks at my folded cards and says (you folded that???) deals the flop then gives me a knowing lookwhen I have top pair top kicker

turns out the reraiser had KK but some muppet with JQ hits a straight and knocks every one out

whilst its nice to be proved right the dealer then announces what I folded preflop

now yes this is a points league and I dont turn up very often and when I do its to keep my hand in playing live poker but this kind of behaviour seemed to be acceptable to every one else . I say nothing knowing Im the new boy in the group but not wanting to kick off but also thinking if this was for money Id have shoved my cards down his throat

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 03:52:01 AM »
Hmmmm. Show one person show all. If the dealer wasn"t playing then fine

it"s one thing to let other see your cards if you"ve folded (some of us do it in our pub league too)

it"s another for the person to announce what you had

smileriraq

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 08:36:00 AM »
that was my point - I folded the cards face down the dealer fished em out then looked at them now at that point he had allready been eliminated but should i face him in future weeks he has an idea of my range,

treydj

• Silver Member
  • flop, turn, river,cry,bed
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 13:28:35 PM »
people who cry  :"( when they get their "nut" hand cracked - then do exactly the same to someone else - but thats ok!!
whats good for the goose...........
Scottish APAT Champion 2008
APAT Pro-Am 2008 - Bronze
APAT North European Online 2010 - Silver
APAT UK Online Championship 2011 - Bronze

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 13:51:49 PM »
Ant with regards to the pizza, you could"ve offered to deal for him until he"s finished eating.(would much prefer no eating), Then hint to wash hands b4 he deals. I LMFAO at dukes reply, buy a custard pie... ;D

I try not to make comments such as, "sick" yet i pay no attention to the ones who spew crap, can only lead you towards tilting, if you bite/react. Just take the chips back next time, hopefully they"ll miss their draws ;)

Don"t really see what you can do about someones(lack of) personal hygene. Maybe a peg on your nose, or point a minifan in their direction, this may cause you to look somewhat daft if not smelly :D

I have many issues with bad ettiquette at live games, far too many to mention. Also wouldn"t like certain people to have that info to use, they are out there :P
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011