Author Topic: Call or Fold?  (Read 10657 times)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Call or Fold?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 13:48:42 PM »
Blinds 2000/1000/100.

Thanks for all the feedback. Wasn"t really expecting so much. I make it 6 saying Call and 3 Fold, so I"m still not sure what the best play was. I think maybe wait, try to outplay the others to the cash and then go to war with him.

Anyway, I snap-called, he showed A7, hit a 7 and left me with 1k. I actually finished 5th because next hand he shoved again with A6, was called by AJ and hit a 6. Shortly after he knocked out 99 with 38. It was crazy because he had a huge pile of chips poured all over his part of the table as he wasn"t capable of stacking them. Of course he won the tournament. He was miles in front starting heads-up but then maniac 2 started going all-in blind, won a couple of hands but didn"t last long.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 13:53:11 PM »
With blinds this size and against a maniac, I am calling this bet. With an M of just over 10 time is a critical factor. Unlucky BTW. :)

Roscopiko

• Gold Member
  • APAT Newcastle Team Captain
    • Tilt Tilt Tilt Reload Tilt Tilt
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 14:01:03 PM »

Blinds 2000/1000/100.

Thanks for all the feedback. Wasn"t really expecting so much. I make it 6 saying Call and 3 Fold, so I"m still not sure what the best play was. I think maybe wait, try to outplay the others to the cash and then go to war with him.

Anyway, I snap-called, he showed A7, hit a 7 and left me with 1k. I actually finished 5th because next hand he shoved again with A6, was called by AJ and hit a 6. Shortly after he knocked out 99 with 38. It was crazy because he had a huge pile of chips poured all over his part of the table as he wasn"t capable of stacking them. Of course he won the tournament. He was miles in front starting heads-up but then maniac 2 started going all-in blind, won a couple of hands but didn"t last long.

WP AMRN imo ;)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 14:05:40 PM »

Blinds 2000/1000/100.

WP AMRN imo ;)

The fact that the blinds are this high and he is shoving weak A"s makes this soo much more of an ista fist-pump snap call!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 21:12:26 PM »
the point is not to be results oriented, you made the right decision, he hit a 3 outer it can happen even if you have aces, and your not folding aces!

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 23:29:50 PM »

the point is not to be results oriented, you made the right decision, he hit a 3 outer it can happen even if you have aces, and your not folding aces!

/thread
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 10:47:44 AM »

I wasn"t being results oriented - I said fold in the first instance before the result was known. OK by calling, we are an 80% favourite, but that"s irrelevant - against ATC we were much less than that, and as I said before I would prefer to be the one shoving here to give me an additional chance to win the hand.... I think calling in this spot against ATC for your tourney is not always the best move - so long as stacks still have enough play left in them so that you can continue to rape and pillage the blinds of the guys on your left.  If we have a run on the rest of the table, lets just avoid confrontation with the big stack maniac, and crush the rest of the table to a point where said confrontation comes headsup.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 11:00:32 AM »

I wasn"t being results oriented - I said fold in the first instance before the result was known. OK by calling, we are an 80% favourite, but that"s irrelevant - against ATC we were much less than that, and as I said before I would prefer to be the one shoving here to give me an additional chance to win the hand.... I think calling in this spot against ATC for your tourney is not always the best move - so long as stacks still have enough play left in them so that you can continue to rape and pillage the blinds of the guys on your left.  If we have a run on the rest of the table, lets just avoid confrontation with the big stack maniac, and crush the rest of the table to a point where said confrontation comes headsup.

know wat u mean but its hard to crush when the big stack is shoving every other hand.  This is not a spot we can fold if we are shotting ftw!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 11:06:36 AM »
if you fold AQ to this guy then you aren"t the one raping and pillaging (he is) and you HAVE to steal blinds just to maintain stack with rising blinds. At some point the guys who are short will have to take action and/or wake up with a hand.

call if you like winning money. Simple imo - you shouldn"t turn down huge +EV spots like this, unless you like min-cashes
Looking forward to making my first day 2

GR8TFL0P

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 12:47:04 PM »

if you fold AQ to this guy then you aren"t the one raping and pillaging (he is) and you HAVE to steal blinds just to maintain stack with rising blinds. At some point the guys who are short will have to take action and/or wake up with a hand.

call if you like winning money. Simple imo - you shouldn"t turn down huge +EV spots like this, unless you like min-cashes

/\  Call As above /\

Unless your aged 65 and want to limp into the third with the other two maniacs picking on you  ;D
A 7 was a good flip for you (just unlucky this time)

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 14:24:02 PM »
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 21:35:30 PM »

i meant john was being results orientated, not you! i do see what you mean but the bottom line is you cant rape and pillage anyone if he is going to continue doing this....and if you keep folding it is just going to give him more encouragement. Calling for your tourney is not always the best move esp with aq off, but in this instance it most definately is!

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 02:29:24 AM »
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 05:51:04 AM by MintTrav »
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013