Author Topic: Hypothetical : ME/HORSE clash  (Read 53035 times)

Barnfather

Hypothetical : ME/HORSE clash
« on: August 11, 2009, 12:02:27 PM »
Ok, something I have been mulling over and wondered what other peoples thoughts were. I am new to APAT so don"t know what the etiquette or usual practice is for this....

If you were to make it to day 2 (sunday) in the ME, but had a seat for the HORSE event - what would you do? Would you attempt to sell the seat on the saturday, would you attempt to multitable (which may be hideous difficult given the games in HORSE) or would you blind out in the HORSE and join if/when you get knocked out of the ME?

I guess a lot has to do with chip stacks, as a smaller-than-average chip stack would make me consider blinding out on HORSE in the early levels, but I"m interested into what approach people would take... Would focussing on the ME and ditching HORSE regardless of stack-size be more +EV and hence the better option? Would the smaller field size in HORSE make that a more +EV option?

Of course, the likelihood of me making it to day 2 is slim, hence it all being hypothetical. Just curious

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Hypothetical : ME/HORSE clash
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 12:25:47 PM »
Multi Tabling won"t be allowed. I"ve figured that if I make day 2 of ME, I won"t be selling my HORSE seat - I would like my blnds/antes to be posted until I arrive.... and if I don"t arrive, then I must have gone deep in the ME and defaulting the £50 HORSE entry won"t be a problem.  My thinking is that having something else to do if I crash out of the ME early on day2 will stop me from playing scared (of an early exit) and might in fact help my ME game.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 12:41:12 PM »

Multi Tabling won"t be allowed. ...

What makes you say that?
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 12:41:15 PM »

Multi Tabling won"t be allowed. I"ve figured that if I make day 2 of ME, I won"t be selling my HORSE seat - I would like my blnds/antes to be posted until I arrive....

Don"t you have to be in your HORSE seat at kick-off?

...and if you are..isn"t that multi-tabling?  ???
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 12:42:29 PM »

Multi Tabling won"t be allowed. I"ve figured that if I make day 2 of ME, I won"t be selling my HORSE seat - I would like my blnds/antes to be posted until I arrive....

Don"t you have to be in your HORSE seat at kick-off?

no
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 12:47:27 PM »
It has been quoted on previous thread multi tabling would be allowed ! i am sure about that cos that was my plan !( always hopefull before someone cracks a joke lol )

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 12:51:02 PM »
My view is this,

If you make Day 2 in the main event, it would be recommended that you find someone to take your HORSE seat.  My understanding is that DTD doesn"t let you register for more than one tournament on their system (That might need confirming by someone in the know), also I feel it would be bad etiquette to have empty seats in the HORSE event considering the demand for places, and would go against everything that APAT is about.

I can imagine it would be disappointing for players not to get to play the HORSE event, but I"m sure having made the final day of the main event would help to make up for this.

As I said, just my opinion.  It"s unfortunate that the scheduling has meant the potential clash, but even DTD are entitiled to a bank holiday Monday off, so we have to go with it.

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 12:54:11 PM »
In light of this I guess it would be a good idea to create a waiting list of those who want to play in the HORSE event and who do not currently have a ticket. Then when existing HORSE players go deep in the ME their seats can be made available to the player at the top of the waiting list at face value.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 13:15:16 PM »
I think it woud also be a good idea to have the HORSE tourney starting an hour after the ME day 2.... there are always a bunch of exits at start of play on day 2..... Personally I would be so pissed to go out of the ME in the first few mins of day2, and not be allowed to use my HORSE seat that I bought months ago....  scraping into day 2 is one thing, but it does not necessarily mean the scraper will go deep.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 13:24:23 PM »
I 100% agree with this:

I think it woud also be a good idea to have the HORSE tourney starting an hour after the ME day 2.... there are always a bunch of exits at start of play on day 2..... Personally I would be so pissed to go out of the ME in the first few mins of day2, and not be allowed to use my HORSE seat that I bought months ago....  scraping into day 2 is one thing, but it does not necessarily mean the scraper will go deep.

I dnt want to enter day 2 w/ 10bb"s, go out in the opening level and have to sit and sweat the HORSE.  I will b blinding off unless I have a monster stack.  Dnt think its gng to work out too bad, due to the fact that it is unlikely that too high a % of the players playing the HORSE will b making day 2.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 13:37:04 PM »

Dnt think its gng to work out too bad, due to the fact that it is unlikely that too high a % of the players playing the HORSE will b making day 2.

With two Day 1s, there will be a lot more people making it into Day 2 than normal.

DTD are entitiled to a bank holiday Monday off
Don"t see why. As a service business, they should be there to cater for their customers.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 13:43:39 PM »

Yes agree.

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 13:57:30 PM »
Infact, multi-tabling has been allowed before at DTD as long as no one complains about in, was quite a funni image to see Chippie Dagia running from one end of the cardroom to other while playing Two comps, lol.

If you have maaahhoooosssive chips in the ME, I think trying to grab chips in the HE and Omaha8 opening levels in the HORSE may be an idea.
  Deepstack champion S2  

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 15:31:30 PM »

DTD are entitiled to a bank holiday Monday off
Don"t see why. As a service business, they should be there to cater for their customers.

They did open 7 days a week.  The level of service being offered dropped, and Rob wasn"t happy with that - so it went back to 5 days. 

Judging from the record numbers at the £300 and £150 tournament a few weeks ago, I"d say the service they"re offering is very much appreciated.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 15:31:50 PM »

Infact, multi-tabling has been allowed before at DTD as long as no one complains about in, was quite a funni image to see Chippie Dagia running from one end of the cardroom to other while playing Two comps, lol.

If you have maaahhoooosssive chips in the ME, I think trying to grab chips in the HE and Omaha8 opening levels in the HORSE may be an idea.

Since then they have stopped it.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason