Author Topic: Hypothetical : ME/HORSE clash  (Read 53185 times)

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
Re: Hypothetical : ME/HORSE clash
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2009, 21:36:51 PM »
Sigh.

Surely asking someone at DTD if it was possible to multi table well in advance would have been a good idea ?

Too many people hedging their bets.

Of course I will welcome all unattended stacks during the HORSE event.
  Deepstack champion S2  

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2009, 21:43:04 PM »

Infact, multi-tabling has been allowed before at DTD as long as no one complains about in, was quite a funni image to see Chippie Dagia running from one end of the cardroom to other while playing Two comps, lol.

If you have maaahhoooosssive chips in the ME, I think trying to grab chips in the HE and Omaha8 opening levels in the HORSE may be an idea.

Since then they have stopped it.

I took this as being accurate from someone who frequents DTD most weeks, hence my comments.

I still haven"t seen anyone post how they would plan to sensible do this multi-tabling anyway ?

Claw75

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2009, 21:53:18 PM »

Infact, multi-tabling has been allowed before at DTD as long as no one complains about in, was quite a funni image to see Chippie Dagia running from one end of the cardroom to other while playing Two comps, lol.

If you have maaahhoooosssive chips in the ME, I think trying to grab chips in the HE and Omaha8 opening levels in the HORSE may be an idea.

I took this as being accurate from someone who frequents DTD most weeks, hence my comments.

I still haven"t seen anyone post how they would plan to sensible do this multi-tabling anyway ?

To many ifs and buts (number of players left in ME, stack sizes, proximity to the money etc) to have a definite strategy for playing both. So basically what Jon MW said.

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2009, 22:11:23 PM »
Also, those main event players are displaying low confidence about their chances by taking a HORSE seat too, something for the "Fantasy Backers" and potential betting market punters to think about.
  Deepstack champion S2  

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2009, 22:20:53 PM »

Whether or not an exception will be made for the APAT event I don"t know.  A quick word with Simon would clear things up.  I"m at deeteedee tomorrow, and if he"s there I"ll ask him if you want?
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

mike saban

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2009, 22:23:01 PM »
All players with a HORSE ticket who make day 2, should be disqualified from the ME and chips shared amongst their table imo ( providing of course I make day 2 of the ME, if not then free to multitable or sell on )

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2009, 22:39:07 PM »

Sigh.

Surely asking someone at DTD if it was possible to multi table well in advance would have been a good idea ?

I think most players took APAT specifically saying multi tabling would be allowed as a good enough sign
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

3N1GM4

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2009, 22:41:28 PM »

If the HORSE event start time cannot be delayed then I would suggest those with HORSE seats who make day two transfer their seats to those who want them. However what if supply outstrips demand. Will refunds be offered or are players allowed to attempt to play both? Clarification please.

The problem with this is HOW people are going to "transfer their seats to those who want them". It could be an absolute nightmare.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2009, 22:45:27 PM »
It"s not a problem at all.

Why not do something such as set up a reserve/alternate list, and have players called up as the seats are made available?  Not that I think thr HORSE event is actually running alternates though, I"m guessing that not many will get knocked out during the first two levels?
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2009, 22:47:48 PM »
Transferring of seats will not be a problem.

We are talking here about potentially a handful of players that may fall into this situation.

There will be plenty of demand for these seats (as has already been shown on the seat exchange) and all exchanges that need to be done can be sorted on the day with a cash payment.

A lot of players are planning a weekend at DTD and are staying in the area, so I do not foresee a problem here.  And as always, it will be the responsibility of the player to arrange the exchange.  That said, the APAT team that will be there for all four days will endeavour to make this as smooth a transaction as possible.

The only issue to clear up is the one regarding if players are allowed to enter the HORSE if they are still in the main event, and we will get this clarified as soon as possible.

Claw75

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2009, 22:58:33 PM »

Whether or not an exception will be made for the APAT event I don"t know.  A quick word with Simon would clear things up.  I"m at deeteedee tomorrow, and if he"s there I"ll ask him if you want?

Presumably though, as with all APAT events, APAT rules rather than house rules will apply to the WCOAP weekend?

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2009, 22:59:49 PM »
Personally I think you should be allowed to multi table. I clicked faster than others and should I make day 2 I should be allowed to play both.

I would play HORSE on breaks and let myself blind away if playing day 2
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

kaysing

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2009, 22:59:59 PM »
Interesting thread if still unclear regarding the multi tabling issue.  When considering the weekend I intentionally did not go for the HORSE event as it clashed with the ME.  My plan if knocked out before ME Day 2 was to find someone willing to pass on their HORSE entry who still remained in the ME.  As it appears it could be a fairly hectic situation either late into the evening or very close to the HORSE starting gun, some sort of system should be in place to ensure an orderly redistribution of HORSE tickets.  When in place, please put my name down on the alternates list as like many out there, I have thoroughly enjoyed the distraction from the normal games.

Dave

Barnfather

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2009, 00:14:46 AM »
I"m glad the thread stirred up some debate, as I was confused myself as to the procedure...

My primary reason for entering the HORSE event is that it isn"t an event you often (ever) get to play live, and if I was shortstacked in day two I really wouldn"t appreciate being told that I couldn"t play, even if I wanted to retain my seat.

My favorite suggestion so far is to stagger the stat times on the sunday. Either pushing the HORSE event out, or bringing the ME in an hour or so.

But it is still very chip stack dependent and could have a massive impact on strategy, especially towards the end of day 1.

For example, if I am short-stacked late on the friday and know that I cannot enter the HORSE event if I am still alive on day 2, then I will be shipping it much lighter than usual, taking the view that I will either bust or double-up a few times and make it worth my while. If I know I will get an hour or so"s play on Sunday then I will play more "normally", use the first hour of day 2 to see how things develop but also have a full day in between to assess whether I will release my HORSE seat or not - primarily based on how much life I believe I have left in the ME. That would be a much better situation IMO.

If we are allowed to multi-table then again it depends on stack sizes in both competitions, but I would probably select to play certain rounds in HORSE (where I feel I may have an edge). Of course, for this to work the tables would need to be located fairly close - if they decide to play one event at one end of the venue and the other at the opposite side then such a strategy would be nearly impossible.

It will probably be academic anyway, as I will likely be knocked out before the first break on day one :) but we need clarification one way or another as the last thing I want to happen would be losing focus at the end of day 1 as I am confused about the implications of my play....

Another idea (most will think this is rubbish I"m sure)...if we have to forfeit the HORSE seat, ensure there is a HORSE side-event - perhaps a SNG - running in parallel but a bit later, so players still get the chance to experience it in a live setting.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2009, 00:25:49 AM »
The whole idea of running the events in parallel is nuts. So is limiting it to a small number of lucky entrants.
If DTD has to put its feet up on the Bank Holiday Monday, defer the HORSE until the Friday of the English Open weekend, so everyone who wants to can enter.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013