Author Topic: Hypothetical : ME/HORSE clash  (Read 53036 times)

bubblebuster27

Re: Hypothetical : ME/HORSE clash
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2009, 10:22:34 AM »

Well thanks to all who made constructive replies, and its a shame that some peeps felt the need to hijack the thread.

I still think it would be a good idea to stagger the start times on day2 to allow some early exits in the ME. Hope this will be possible for APAT to arrange

Maybe day 2 could also start at 3pm like Day 1a & b appear to be doing, meaning there would be 90 mins for players to bust out of Main Event before the HORSE tournament kicked off?

I thought that day 1 was starting at 4.30?
If you can't see the angles no more, you're in trouble

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2009, 10:25:50 AM »

bubblebuster27

« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2009, 10:29:11 AM »
My mistake. Cheers
If you can't see the angles no more, you're in trouble

Claw75

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2009, 10:50:07 AM »

Well thanks to all who made constructive replies, and its a shame that some peeps felt the need to hijack the thread.

you"re kidding aren"t you? This thread kept me amused for ages, the irony is priceless!! :D

Back on subject, I guess it"s up to the folks at DTD what time they want to open up on the Sunday, but given that the vast majority of players will be staying nearby, the earlier the start of day 2 the better, imo.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2009, 10:58:17 AM »

you"re kidding aren"t you? This thread kept me amused for ages, the irony is priceless!! :D

Back on subject, I guess it"s up to the folks at DTD what time they want to open up on the Sunday, but given that the vast majority of players will be staying nearby, the earlier the start of day 2 the better, imo.

+1

Harmony"s posts have confused me. Is this an in-joke?

Wasn"t just me then

Trying hanging around with the in crowd ...

ldo

--------------------------------------------
Also people getting annoyed about a derailed thread is always a bonus, it"s like a form of schadenfreude
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2009, 11:13:20 AM »

And you needn"t think you"re drawing this to an end. This thread isn"t finished until we decide it is.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2009, 11:23:55 AM »

And you needn"t think you"re drawing this to an end. This thread isn"t finished until we decide it is.

No-one decides when a thread is closed. Threads tend to have a life of their own. Who are we to decide when a thread is closed. Do threads ever close?

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2009, 11:32:21 AM »

No-one decides when a thread is closed. Threads tend to have a life of their own. Who are we to decide when a thread is closed. Do threads ever close?

Well I did notice one recently, concerning the progress of construction works for the 2004 Olympics, which hasn"t had a lot of activity lately.

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2009, 14:57:54 PM »

See this thread

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=4067.0

Thanks for this.

The main website still states the old times though, both on the "tour dates" and "Championship: Live" links above and below the main image, so I would suggest that someone at APAT amends these.
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2009, 15:02:07 PM »
Only happened Yesterday or Today, I am sure the powers that be will make the necessary alterations.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2009, 15:22:25 PM »

How many players are gng into day2?  How long shud it take to finish?

You need to ask Simon Trumper as he is scarily accurate in predicting such things.
  Deepstack champion S2  

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2009, 15:37:59 PM »

Only happened Yesterday or Today, I am sure the powers that be will make the necessary alterations.

Good point. I hadn"t noticed how recent that thread was.
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2009, 15:45:41 PM »

ldo

Also people getting annoyed about a derailed thread is always a bonus, it"s like a form of schadenfreude

Not entirely sure why you would mention a language based on Esperanto, designed to be a universal second language for speakers of different linguistic backgrounds as a language easier to learn than ethnic languages.

An attempt to derail this thread further ?
  Deepstack champion S2  

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2009, 16:06:04 PM »

ldo

Not entirely sure why you would mention a language based on Esperanto, designed to be a universal second language for speakers of different linguistic backgrounds as a language easier to learn than ethnic languages.

There is now no need for universal languages such as Esperanto and Ido as another common language has evolved that is accepted worldwide and the majority of the business world speaks, at least as a second language. It is called English, which is now the de facto lingua franca of business.

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2009, 16:47:46 PM »

ldo

There is now no need for universal languages such as Esperanto and Ido as another common language has evolved that is accepted worldwide and the majority of the business world speaks, at least as a second language. It is called English, which is now the de facto lingua franca of business.

However, there is resistance from those born in Newcastle as they simply refuse to speak English at all.
  Deepstack champion S2