Author Topic: APAT / Blue Sq account question  (Read 36747 times)

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Re: APAT / Blue Sq account question
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 09:06:07 AM »
Where as I can understand any winner wanting to be paid out there and then, I don"t think it is too much of a problem for the majority of APATers after all most of us play the APAT events on BSQ, and lets not forget the added value BSQ put into many of our events. The chance to play in the GUKPT is a massive incentive for most of us ( just missed out at the last event  :"( ) Lets support our sponsors ra ra ra!!  ;)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

gomarrrahh

• Bronze Member
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 10:24:53 AM »
For what its worth, I don"t think this is a sensible idea. I suppose its no different to writing a cheque for the amount but at least that would be paid into your bank account.

Personally, I have been having so much trouble with my account. I have been in contact via email with bluesq and have now given up on them sorting out my account as I had 3 of the exact same emails regarding my problem and it seems no-one is taking any notice.
Therefore, in the event I cash I would strongly not wish to have winnings paid into my apparently non-existent bluesq account, but if a decision had been made then heyho.

Can"t wait for Thursday on a plus note, wooop
APAT WCOAP Heads Up Champion 2011
APAT UK Final Tablist 2011
APAT Welsh Online Omaha Champion 2010
APAT Season 4 - Five Time Omaha Final Tablist

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 10:27:33 AM »
I"m all in favour of supporting BSq (although I"d be a bigger supporter if their software was any good).

However, why are the Omaha & HORSE events singled out? If you are going to sneak this idea in then it should apply to all events.

Finally, as I said, what if you don"t have or want a BSq account? I"m still waiting on a reply to that.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

M3boy

• Silver Member
    • M3boy's Poker Page
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 10:49:21 AM »
Sorry if I have missed something - what do Blue Square add to the tournaments as I thought it was nothing.

I have no problem with Blue Square BUT to be made to take winnings in this way is wrong.

JonMW made a good point - which is why I have previously said "wrong in so many ways"

APAT - please reconsider this.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 11:04:41 AM by M3boy »

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 10:55:33 AM »

Sorry if I have missed something - what do Blue Square add to the tournaments as I thought it was nothing.

Well they are the sponsors so, in association with the Grosvenor Group, they provide the added value (GUKPT seat), venue and cover the vig.

+1

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 10:59:33 AM »

I have no problem with Blue Square BUT to be made to take winnings in this way is wrong.

JonMW made a good point - which is why I have previously said "wrong in so many ways"

BlueSQ pay for the venue, they effectively pay the reg fee, and for many of the events there are the additional prizes of seats for GUKPT events, etc.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

M3boy

• Silver Member
    • M3boy's Poker Page
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 11:05:08 AM »
My Bad, forgot about the added seat.

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 11:45:26 AM »
There is a bit of background to the Blue Square thing, but I can"t go into the details here. It is definitely not a requirement of our agreement with them. The Omaha and Horse events are very small player wise and are largely being played by the die hards, of whom a very high percentage will already have a BSQ account.

I still very much hope that we can pay the players for those two events directly at DTD though.  However, if that is not possible, it will have to be by Blue Square account.  Obviously you may need to trust that APAT only ever acts in the interests of our members, so there is good reason for the above.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 12:32:20 PM »
Thanks, Des!

I think we could all guess that there is some background issue...erm..in the background. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2009, 12:36:19 PM »

...  Obviously you may need to trust that APAT only ever acts in the interests of our members, so there is good reason for the above.

Yes, but - it doesn"t "look" good
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

WASP

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2009, 12:46:12 PM »
I can"t see the issue here except for people whinging as they have nothing better to do.  Some people are well prepared to take take take from APAT but when they have to give a little we get a bunch of mini Arthur Scargills  ::)
Rear of the year 1991
Pipe smoker of the year 1998

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2009, 12:47:33 PM »
Another issue is that BSq only deal in dollars...so there will be conversion rate/charges issues when trying to withdraw.

Not from BSq but Neteller etc.

I"ll take cash in hand please.

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2009, 12:49:09 PM »

I can"t see the issue here except for people whinging as they have nothing better to do.  Some people are well prepared to take take take from APAT but when they have to give a little we get a bunch of mini Arthur Scargills  ::)

+1

Very well said Sir.
  Deepstack champion S2  

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2009, 12:50:48 PM »

Another issue is that BSq only deal in dollars...so there will be conversion rate/charges issues when trying to withdraw.

Not from BSq but Neteller etc.

I"ll take cash in hand please.

I"ve already mentioned that - I don"t know how much - but it"ll cost something
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2009, 13:07:35 PM »

There is a bit of background to the Blue Square thing, but I can"t go into the details here. It is definitely not a requirement of our agreement with them. The Omaha and Horse events are very small player wise and are largely being played by the die hards, of whom a very high percentage will already have a BSQ account.

I still very much hope that we can pay the players for those two events directly at DTD though.  However, if that is not possible, it will have to be by Blue Square account.  Obviously you may need to trust that APAT only ever acts in the interests of our members, so there is good reason for the above.

;D