Author Topic: APAT / Blue Sq account question  (Read 36767 times)

StuartHopkin

• Bronze Member
Re: APAT / Blue Sq account question
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2009, 20:18:44 PM »
This thread has put me on life tilt.

How can anyone in their right mind think this is acceptable.

samuel_9 yeah money isnt everything, but please let me know if your attending and i will put my seats on the seat exchange

kthxbye

evilpie

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2009, 20:42:15 PM »
In case anyone"s wondering, Stuart is the friend I mentioned who had a nightmare with this sort of thing before.

He is in a good position to comment on this and I think you can see from his comments that he doesn"t entirely relish the situation because of his previous experiences.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2009, 20:59:17 PM »

I"ve already stated earlier that I"m ok with whatever way the payouts happen. 

At the same time I understand people"s concerns and truly don"t think your bashing them for voicing those genuine concerns is appropriate or helpful for anyone.  
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 22:23:12 PM by Chipaccrual »

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2009, 21:13:03 PM »
Sorry guys, getting heated on this thread will not help the situation one bit.  We are all in this together to a degree and I will get personally involved should any player have issues arising out of a potential payment into their Blue Square account. 

The simple matter is that there has been a slight misunderstanding between Blue Square and DTD over the payment method used for transferring some player entry and venue hire fees.  Blue Square issued cheques to DTD last week and should they clear in time; which they should, then all tournaments will be paid as per normal APAT procedures at DTD.  If the cheques do not clear then having the contingency payment plan in place via Blue Square accounts ensures the events go ahead.  The amount of money concerned is relatively small, which is why the alternative payout plan was put against the Omaha and Horse events; which will have 9 small cashes and 5 small cashes respectively, and not the main event, which will have several large cashes.

APAT have always been in the business of facing challenges head on and we worked very hard with both of our partners on this event to sort out the issue, but essentially we are all in the hands of accounts departments on this one.  As a very last resort we proposed the Blue Square account payment option.

Blue Square have been a superb sponsor of APAT as somebody wrote elsewhere in this thread.  For this event alone, they have covered your registration fees, venue fees, two buffets plus put up an entry to the GUKPT Grand Final worth over £3k.   They have also paid for the trophy and the medals and the organiser expenses.  I think that is worthy of consideration.

StuartHopkin

• Bronze Member
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2009, 21:29:11 PM »

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2009, 21:36:39 PM »

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2009, 21:46:01 PM »
Stu cashed in a tourney?
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

StuartHopkin

• Bronze Member
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2009, 21:48:36 PM »

StuartHopkin

• Bronze Member
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2009, 21:51:51 PM »

Stu cashed in a tourney?

I used to cash in tourneys a fair bit

Then I got to know people like you, cos and the shrewdies 5th level game plans

Since then my game has been destroyed

I blame you George

Eck

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2009, 21:52:38 PM »

I believe the ipoker network has similar security systems in place that mean anyone withdrawing over £500 will have to submit ID but I may be wrong.

Not in my experience, maybe the first time but that would be it and as you know that is standard across most sites. Also didn"t have any hassle getting cash out of virgin but then again didn"t use Neteller.

Sounds like you had a bit of hassle Stu but maybe you should have let someone responsible deal with it.... :D

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2009, 22:00:46 PM »

StuartHopkin

• Bronze Member
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2009, 22:06:09 PM »

I believe the ipoker network has similar security systems in place that mean anyone withdrawing over £500 will have to submit ID but I may be wrong.

Not in my experience, maybe the first time but that would be it and as you know that is standard across most sites. Also didn"t have any hassle getting cash out of virgin but then again didn"t use Neteller.

Sounds like you had a bit of hassle Stu but maybe you should have let someone responsible deal with it.... :D

Good evening Mr Eck

As I said I may be wrong about Ipoker, pretty sure I only deposit on their skins, never withdraw.

I didnt use netteller with drawing the Virgin money. Just the normal cashier was it WebDollar? the standard one pre to the website they use now. It was a combination of a lot of things, they took their time to credit the account, the amount was wrong due to the exchange rate, the fact WebDollar used a "hotel" exchange rate, making a profit on the withdrawl, i requested the withdrawl, after a week they said it hadnt been recieved, after another week they said there was a problem, after another week they requested I send passport and proof of address to switzerland, 2 weeks later the money was in my account.

I know this isnt the same as what is happening here, but possibly helps Des understand why I got my back up.

StuartHopkin

• Bronze Member
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2009, 22:08:19 PM »

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2009, 22:19:17 PM »
I HAVE REMOVED MY POSTS BECAUSE IT SEEMS I HAVE OFFENDED SOME PLAYERS  I WOULD NEVER EVER OFFEND ANYONE SO I APAPOLOGISE FOR OFFENDING THOSE PLAYERS  THIS WAS NOT MY INTENTION AS FOR THE PEASENT THING  IT WAS ON PRIME EVIL TV SERIOUS ITS WAS A JOKE  SO I HOPE 2 C YOUS ALL AT THE WEEKEND  FOR A GOOD GAME OF CARDS  

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2009, 22:23:03 PM »
I can see samuel_9 retracted his statement. I applaud this and agree the "peasant" comment was not helpful to the debate. With regard to the "maybe samuel_9 is not a person" comment. I know Samuel_9 personally and can assure you he is very much a person and I am always happy to sit at a poker table with him, even if he does always end up with my chips(with or without salt and vinegar). I personally will be delighted to have such a wonderful problem as ensuring poker winnings arrive in my bank account. If it takes a few days then rest assurred ill not have blown it all on beer and cash tables. I am really looking forward to this weekend and I know Samuel_9 is also.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 23:19:49 PM by coprey »