Author Topic: cash games on i-poker...  (Read 3142 times)

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
cash games on i-poker...
« on: August 23, 2009, 22:22:30 PM »
Now i have been playing a bit of 25-50c cash games at 6 max and somtimes 10 handed..... it could be because im a nit, and not very good at cash games, but to me all the online players on i-poker are too eager to get it all in pre flop with hands like Aj and AQ....evan with deep stacks of 100BB.

iv never read any cash game books so i dont Know any decant strategies, but i try and play smallball, (which is obviously not working for me in cash games)

To many players are repopping pre flop with average aces and small pairs, this makes it very difficult for me to try and see flops and, well just play poker with these very agressive maniacs, because usually the flop is already $12. And you do not get AA or KK often enough to make profit from them, or i do not flop sets often enough to make it worth while calling a 4 bet with a small pair.

so is it me beign a nitty fish? or is it just that i-poker is generally full of gamblers who do not want to play post flop....?

i may try pokerstars and see if the play is a bit more mellow there...

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: cash games on i-poker...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 22:28:05 PM »
if you aren"t winning cash on iPoker, you will find it harder on PokerStars in my opinion. iPoker is the easiest network I"ve come across for cash - although even there it is getting tough at .25/.50   (is .25/.50 becoming the new $1/$2??).

Try dropping down and playing at .10/.20 on iPoker - you will make money, although you do need to be a little speculative and play quite a wide range from position.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 22:34:31 PM »
From experience (albeit limited), this is fairly standard no matter where you play the 25c/50c NLHE games. It"s very important IMO that you play within your bankroll (you should have at least 10 buyins - $500 in this case) to allow you to ride the variance.

I have turned a $25 deposit into $400 and lost it all on exactly the same games playing what I think is exactly the same way. If you are playing "nitty" because you"re playing scared, you WILL be losing value in a lot of hands. Try splashing around at stakes you"re comfortable in (again, 10 buyins rule or as high as 12c/25c) and see how you get on. Try 3 betting, 4 betting, raising with junk ... I think you"ll find the ones who are doing this and playing loosest at 25c/50c are the ones who can afford to.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 22:36:50 PM by lukybugur »

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 23:01:22 PM »
 I also think nowadays lots of people have poker tracker (i know on FULLTILT most players who i have asked, use it) , so they may know that i rarely 3 bet, and dont often call 4 bets....so they have a big advantadge over players who dont have tracking soft wear.

And lots of these hyper agressive players who i play against are somtimes playing as many as 10 tables, so they simply dont have the time to play proper poker, and thats why i think they are willing to 3 bet and then shove pre wit AJ or
10-10 for example.

the online games seems to be so different from live now because of these "hyper agressive bots" playing lots of tables.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 23:03:52 PM »
If they"re playing 10 tables at $50 buyins, they ARE adequately bankrolled to be playing those stakes then. I bet a lot of them are winning at those stakes too BECAUSE they"re hyper aggressive. There"s something to be learnt from them.

UKChamp

• Silver Member
  • Yesterdays hero
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 23:04:49 PM »

if you aren"t winning cash on iPoker, you will find it harder on PokerStars in my opinion. iPoker is the easiest network I"ve come across for cash - although even there it is getting tough at .25/.50   (is .25/.50 becoming the new $1/$2??).

Try dropping down and playing at .10/.20 on iPoker - you will make money, although you do need to be a little speculative and play quite a wide range from position.

whats ur screenname on i poker?

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 23:24:55 PM »
Cheers for the advice, steve and lucky. I have also found the time of day can also affect how the games play out. For example on friday and saturday nights, the 3 and 4 betting goes through the roof, too another level. And sunday morings can be very fast paced also.

i am defently going to get poker tracker, and drop down a level.....( i have to become more disicplined, i never tilt live but online i find it frustrating) I was probably playing to high for my money, and maybe thats why i hate seeing people shoving or 4 betting pre wit 100BBs and really putting me to the test.