Author Topic: Poker Hand Help.  (Read 1927 times)

AVFC.WILSON

• Silver Member
Poker Hand Help.
« on: August 29, 2009, 02:51:17 AM »
Blinds: $200,$400

Playing in a six seater tournament your hole cards are ac 6s. (Nothing fancy?!) 3 players fold. Your big blind is flat called around to you, by the 2 remaining players, so you check.

The Flop then comes...   kc ah 4d

Your first to act, you decide to check with top pair, hoping someone will bet... but no-one does.

The Turn then comes...  ad1

Assuming your ahead because everybody checked the flop, you then decide to slow play trip aces. You check once more, and things start to fall into place, the next player (MARTINSSS) bets $400. And (SLOWFACE) calls. Action back to round to Miiiiike6732... who decides to have a brief pause, to check the hole cards once more to make sure they haven"t miraculously changed... And of course i am willing to bet the $400.

River card comes...  ks

I"ve got an unbeatable hand, Surely?!.. But i don"t want to scare opponents off. However first to act being Miiiiike6732 i bet $1,200. MARTINSSS then calls and thankfully SLOWFACE re-raises to $7,600. The action is then on me again and without hesitation i push all in with my remaining  $13,800 chips. The shorter of the stacks MARTINSSS bets his $4,100 all in. And the sure to be final table maker SLOWFACE calls the $13,800.

Miiiiike6732 shows:    ac 6s (Full House Aces full of Kings)
MARTINSSS shows:    :3h: 4h (Two Pair Aces & Kings)    (What was he thinking?!)
SLOWFACE shows:     kh 5h (Full House Kings full of Aces)

So... Was this the right way to play this hand? If you were playing this hand would you play it any differently? Tell me why? and how? and help me improve my poker strategy.

Thanks.
Mike, (Miiiiike6732)

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
Re: Poker Hand Help.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 03:39:25 AM »
What was your stack size at the start of the hand?

The thing is you got there in the end but I wouldve raised pre flop to at least definet hand with 2 linpers in the pot and try to steal the blinds. That"s if I had 20bb or so

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 06:14:51 AM »
I can now re read it properly (not on my iPhone) and give a fuller answer

IMO 6 handed table and 2 limpers I"m happy to raise to 1200 pre flop and just takes the blinds to add to my stack

if i"m short stacked and around the 5-8bb then I"m just shoving pre flop to steal. If someone has a higher stronger ace then so be it but if they did I"d imagine they"d have raised pre flop. Martinssss limp with 43 I"d awful. I"d understand raising to steal pre flop and if he met resistance he could back out cheaply. I"d imagine him to be on a more drawing hand like 10J suited. SB could have any 2 cards as he"s priced in to complete

AVFC.WILSON

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 09:18:52 AM »

What was your stack size at the start of the hand?

Stack Sizes:

Miiiiike6732: 16k
Martinsss:    5k
Slowface:    75k+

Average:     20-25k