Author Topic: APAT WCofAP at DTD  (Read 24391 times)

mattblue

• Silver Member
Re: APAT WCofAP at DTD
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 21:41:21 PM »

Great event as usual thanks to APAT and DTD, very well run and a big congrats to all the cashers, medalist and winners.

Regarding problems with individuals, what I don"t get, if you have a problem why don"t you have a quiet word at the break or whenever, if that doesn"t work mention it to the TD or APAT.

Why do people always wait until they get behind their keyboards and start threads to raise these matters??

As usual I didn"t see any bother but I was rubbed down three times at the table the first time I let my game do the talking and bust him out, the second I had a quiet word on the break and he apologised (WP) the third time I was just too tired and it was coming from a guy I previously thought was nice and quiet but before I got a chance to fist him I moved tables and it was washing over me anyway.

You are always going to come across problems in any tournament you play, I"ve played many GUK games and in everyone I have seen more bother than I did this weekend.  It is just another part of the tourney process that you have manage and resolve yourself, add it to your tilt control process  ;)
+1 they could all go and play in a church woop woop

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 21:57:35 PM »
Great response mr "Wasp" Spending more time on your own game instead of worrying about others. With this kind of take and attitude towards not tilting, no wonder you do very well in tourneys.

Sorry about the beat, also to Al for his. I"m sure you will both return the favour soon. I suffered the same fate in Omaha and the Horse, but it"s all part of the Package.

Regards to the individual, i was not there on Saturday, so i can"t comment. He was there on Sunday , although i had to look for him as was a little subdued. This i found personally very sad. He"s one of the many great Apat characters. We have to be very careful that we don"t drive them away, and end up a little less colourful, maybe like the snooker as is now without the big bad boys. I had boys jumping across from 1 table to the other making prop bets and stuff. This was not a problem to me, it actually made the weekend even more fun. So where do we draw the line. I refer you back upto wasps post.

Thanks all for a great weekend and hope to sees you in Bolton.

P.S. can somebody post a picture of the Cows ::) Cheers Cardiff for looking after me.

Paul
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

evilpie

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 03:00:14 AM »

Great event as usual thanks to APAT and DTD, very well run and a big congrats to all the cashers, medalist and winners.

Regarding problems with individuals, what I don"t get, if you have a problem why don"t you have a quiet word at the break or whenever, if that doesn"t work mention it to the TD or APAT.

Why do people always wait until they get behind their keyboards and start threads to raise these matters??

As usual I didn"t see any bother but I was rubbed down three times at the table the first time I let my game do the talking and bust him out, the second I had a quiet word on the break and he apologised (WP) the third time I was just too tired and it was coming from a guy I previously thought was nice and quiet but before I got a chance to fist him I moved tables and it was washing over me anyway.

You are always going to come across problems in any tournament you play, I"ve played many GUK games and in everyone I have seen more bother than I did this weekend.  It is just another part of the tourney process that you have manage and resolve yourself, add it to your tilt control process  ;)

I believe that "fisting" goes against the APAT ethos.

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 07:43:35 AM »

Yep, great weekend, fantastic atmosphere, top notch updates from the team. Credit to all involved!

+1
Mary Kivlin

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 10:25:14 AM »

I believe that "fisting" goes against the APAT ethos.

If they"re consenting adults, then what they get up to is their own business.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

M3boy

• Silver Member
    • M3boy's Poker Page
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 10:41:54 AM »

I certainly did not wait until "hiding behind a keyboard" - ask anyone, I say what I feel - probably too much sometimes!

I can imagine however, that most people would not want to say much as he comes accross as intimidating. There was only one incident involving me, which I did mention at the time - but I heard alot more just not involving me.

M3boy

• Silver Member
    • M3boy's Poker Page
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 10:46:02 AM »
As to the point of being a "colourfull" character, yes he certainly is, and other times I have been in tournaments with him they were certainly not dull!!

On this occasion however, he did overstep the mark on more than one occasion and I am pretty sure even he will admit it.

jim5432

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 11:57:49 AM »
I would also refute any accusation of hiding behind a keyboard....my identity is no secret. I re-iterate that my point was not so much against the individual concerned but more to do with the lack of action against the transgressions. As far as the individual is concerned, again I re-iterate that I don"t know the guy. Its irrelevant who it was... colourful character or not. The sort of behaviour I witnessed was over the top, unprofessional and unacceptable....in my opinion. If you like that sort of thing and feel it adds to the atmosphere then I respect your opinion but we will have to disagree. I am all for having characters at the table but there have to be some limits and standards of behaviour and on this occasion there didnt seem to be. It didn"t affect my game, it didn"t cause me to "tilt" - but it certainly wasn"t enjoyable or fun which is the atmosphere I would prefer to play in.

Yes I could have "had a quiet word"  at the time but firstly I don"t feel it is for individual players to request tournament directors take action against their opponenents and in any case the management can hardly have been unaware of what was happening as they were in close proximity for much of the time I was at the table in question. Secondly I had more pressing things to do with my time during the short breaks. Thirdly I wanted to concentrate on my own game at the time and not other people"s. I did think it was worth raising afterwards as a lesson that could be learned for future events

Anyway, the original point wasn"t supposed to turn into a slanging match between people who like it rough and those that don"t :-) - it was just an opinion. We"re all entitled to them. Nor was this the abiding memory of the event I shall be taking away with me. The most important thing is that overall it was a well organised and enjoyable weekend and regardless of minor issues like this I am looking forward to the next one

WASP

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 13:01:11 PM »
meh

but I never used the words "hiding behind a keyboard" stop being so touchy life is too short  ;)
Rear of the year 1991
Pipe smoker of the year 1998

M3boy

• Silver Member
    • M3boy's Poker Page
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 14:35:27 PM »

meh

but I never used the words "hiding behind a keyboard" stop being so touchy life is too short  ;)

Not those exact words, no, but words to that effect.

Lets agree to disagree ;)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 14:54:45 PM »
Oh don"t make up now ffs. Have some thought for those watching. I wouldn"t take that from him if I was you (whoever wishes to apply that to themselves).
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 16:39:55 PM »

so you not a fish then you do have a game

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 16:48:04 PM »

Great response mr "Wasp" Spending more time on your own game instead of worrying about others. With this kind of take and attitude towards not tilting, no wonder you do very well in tourneys.

Sorry about the beat, also to Al for his. I"m sure you will both return the favour soon. I suffered the same fate in Omaha and the Horse, but it"s all part of the Package.

Regards to the individual, i was not there on Saturday, so i can"t comment. He was there on Sunday , although i had to look for him as was a little subdued. This i found personally very sad. He"s one of the many great Apat characters. We have to be very careful that we don"t drive them away, and end up a little less colourful, maybe like the snooker as is now without the big bad boys. I had boys jumping across from 1 table to the other making prop bets and stuff. This was not a problem to me, it actually made the weekend even more fun. So where do we draw the line. I refer you back upto wasps post.

Thanks all for a great weekend and hope to sees you in Bolton.

P.S. can somebody post a picture of the Cows ::) Cheers Cardiff for looking after me.

Paul

no probs paul nice to see you again

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 22:04:36 PM »

I would also refute any accusation of hiding behind a keyboard....my identity is no secret. I re-iterate that my point was not so much against the individual concerned but more to do with the lack of action against the transgressions. As far as the individual is concerned, again I re-iterate that I don"t know the guy. Its irrelevant who it was... colourful character or not. The sort of behaviour I witnessed was over the top, unprofessional and unacceptable....in my opinion. If you like that sort of thing and feel it adds to the atmosphere then I respect your opinion but we will have to disagree. I am all for having characters at the table but there have to be some limits and standards of behaviour and on this occasion there didnt seem to be. It didn"t affect my game, it didn"t cause me to "tilt" - but it certainly wasn"t enjoyable or fun which is the atmosphere I would prefer to play in.

Yes I could have "had a quiet word"  at the time but firstly I don"t feel it is for individual players to request tournament directors take action against their opponenents and in any case the management can hardly have been unaware of what was happening as they were in close proximity for much of the time I was at the table in question. Secondly I had more pressing things to do with my time during the short breaks. Thirdly I wanted to concentrate on my own game at the time and not other people"s. I did think it was worth raising afterwards as a lesson that could be learned for future events

Anyway, the original point wasn"t supposed to turn into a slanging match between people who like it rough and those that don"t :-) - it was just an opinion. We"re all entitled to them. Nor was this the abiding memory of the event I shall be taking away with me. The most important thing is that overall it was a well organised and enjoyable weekend and regardless of minor issues like this I am looking forward to the next one

Great weekend for me with the help from Des, Tighty, TK, Leigh and the gang. Also Similar hard work from the Dtd team. When you say management should have said something?? Is this Dtd or Apat management? Perhaps had somebody shown their disapproval at the time then management may have reacted and there would be no thread to read here and now. It is very easy to say,"not my place to say anything" So why then are you now saying something. Oh yes let the bullets fly and complain later, that"s going to help a lot for the future.

Regarding colours of, yes your right it does not matter who it is individually.  My point is we all like different colour/flavour charachters, who"s to say what the standard should be? What"s good for you, maybe be downright awful for me. Now you mention some like it rough, :-) whilst trying to be funny, during a rant about an incident that upset your concentration. Well it just really smacks of you being out and out rude, merely because you didn"t like or fully understand peoples replies/views.

My concerns are, we should be talking up the positives on here, and yes i feel it would be best addressed at the time. Not everyone was there, but all and sundry can read this. It does not paint a very nice or anyway near to true picture of the overall Apat events. I realise this statement is somewhat ironic.

I don"t condone anyone being out of line if their actions cause stress etc for other people, I am pretty sure this was not the lads intention,  also think he would have wound his neck in if he was approached and Paul, I know you speak your mind.

I"m finished on the subject, except to say once again

Thanks for a great time, hope to see you Big Al + Moonfish @ Bolton, if not @ Liverpool GAla/ Coral first. :)

Come on Cardiff Boys/ Laxie Ger anyone. Lighten this up with a cow.
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 22:10:56 PM »

Maybe not appropriate, but too good to miss.   :D